Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOAlso...My original thought was that the paint at the crime scene was identifying bullet holes....maybe they were having some target practice out there. And is it a gun on a book by the flip flops behind the van in the video (I admit it seems unlikely but I suppose it could be)? This YouTuber slows it down to show what may or may not be a gun:

I hope this wasn't what was talked about last night and now I am repeating everything said.
I also thought Gabby was found under one of the trees, but the big cross is the one her stepfather left and he stated that he placed it were Gabby was found. That said, who left the first cross, the smaller one? What a lonely, dismal place. Jmo

From the link:

"Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls," the message read, according to the affidavit. Stan was a reference to Petito's grandfather, who her mother said Petito never referred to that way, according to the affidavit.

Has it ever come out that the grandfather actually did text and call Gabby during this time period?

MOAlso...My original thought was that the paint at the crime scene was identifying bullet holes....maybe they were having some target practice out there. And is it a gun on a book by the flip flops behind the van in the video (I admit it seems unlikely but I suppose it could be)? This YouTuber slows it down to show what may or may not be a gun:

I hope this wasn't what was talked about last night and now I am repeating everything said.
Might be the phone. Might not have wanted to risk it being located at GP's location? MOO

I just don't think there is any way that a shot would not have been heard. But outside of MOO there are many many ways to determine a death is homicide even before an autopsy, much less afterwards.
Not disagreeing here but would like to mention that elk hunting by rifle and bow are common in areas along the Snake River. Public land off limits to hunting borders private land permitted for hunting so rifle shots can be heard and are common. For a recent public incident at Emily's Pond Levee where non resident hunters from Minn. experienced a nightmare, you can read about what happened and it will attest to proximate close distances between trail hikers and licensed elk or game hunters.

From the link:

"Can you help Stan, I just keep getting his voicemails and missed calls," the message read, according to the affidavit. Stan was a reference to Petito's grandfather, who her mother said Petito never referred to that way, according to the affidavit.

Has it ever come out that the grandfather actually did text and call Gabby during this time period?
I don't think it has. MOO It's probably part of the information the Schmidt and Petito family were asked not to discuss. MOO

Could be. I don't like those either but wouldn't have a tantrum over it. Ironically if the service is good I usually tip more than the required gratuity, their loss.
The additional 18 percent grat would be stated on the menu. Sorry, Bud, you buy the ticket, you take the ride. I can see why G was totally humiliated, if that's what he was screeching about. jmo

I have wondered if, after the incident at the Merry Piglets on 8/27 where GP apologized to staff after BL repeatedly and angrily confronted them, BL decided to retaliate against GP for undermining him by locking GP out of the van for the night. And if so, maybe with a tent and sleeping bag and floor mat and firewood and matches and maybe not.

Typical minimum temperature on 8/27 for nearby Moose, WY is around 39 degrees F. I keep my refrigerator at 38 degrees F.

If GP were forced to camp outside throughout the night without adequate gear and provisions (ETA: or knowledge to use them) to keep herself warm in those temperatures, she may have succumbed to hypothermia. If she became wet in that creek, that would be even more likely.

If GP were suffering the effects of hypothermia and she had her phone with her, that could explain the odd text to GP's mother about Stan. If suffering the effects of hypothermia, GP may have been hallucinating that her grandfather was sending texts to her.

I'm very curious what time of day that text was sent and what the temperature would have been in that area around that time.

If such a scenario were to have happened, what would be the likely charges against the person who put GP in that position - locking her out of her van to cope with the elements on such a cold night and without adequate provisions?

This might be accurate, except for the fact that the Merry Piglets was on 8/27 and the text about STAN was on the 30th. I would say (MOO) that no one cannot survive that long outside on those freezing temps to realize to text. Why not texting earlier?

So here's the thing. I'm not defending them, but I would never in my life take a polygraph test no matter what. As an attorney, I know that these are not admissible in court. They test bodily reactions. A murderer who doesn't have emotions will pass, where someone who is scared and hasn't done anything wrong can fail. It's too risky.
Agreed. I've had to take polys in the past to maintain my Top Secret security clearance, but doubt I would take one for a criminal case. But then again, since they are not admissible in court it's not like LE or the prosecutor can do anything with it anyway. It's more of a PR/optics issue in cases like this. If you can pass, it goes a long way in the court of public opinion. jmo

I was thinking one of them might’ve ordered a cocktail. Would LE ask for that info to be withheld? I know the restaurant didn’t want to comment.
Menus | Merry Piglets in Jackson, WY
I noticed in the 2nd body cam in Moab, when Gabby was in the back seat of the vehicle, she said to the officer they don’t drink alcohol. At one point when she explained they were headed to fill up their water she said she was thirsty. The officer offered her a Gatorade and she hesitated then he said would you like a water and she said yes, I only drink water. I don’t believe alcohol was involved MOO.

So here's the thing. I'm not defending them, but I would never in my life take a polygraph test no matter what. As an attorney, I know that these are not admissible in court. They test bodily reactions. A murderer who doesn't have emotions will pass, where someone who is scared and hasn't done anything wrong can fail. It's too risky.

I'd never take one either. Too flawed. Emotions or lack thereof aren't a predicator of guilt or innocence.

It could have been anything. Maybe he ordered vegan and had to experience the trauma of seeing a pork chop on his plate. Busy restaurant, things happen.
Yeah..so go execute a human animal afterwards.... jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member