Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So awful to hear about her COD.
The whole "it was an accident" theory has went right out the window. IMO.
For me, both think "it was an accident" & "it was a stranger" are put to rest by this. Certainly there are serial killers & such but that seems way out of the realm of possibility. Strangulation is what LE calls an "intimate murder." Given their very recent documented history of turbulence & violence, & his subsequent behaviour that screams of consciousness of guilt, it seems pretty clear cut. I hope he's found ASAP.

Strangulation.
And lots of helping dad in the garage, mowing the lawn, camping, smores, afterward.
This is a dangerous person. Whether he's being hidden or not. He has NO self-control and might do a repeat performance if confronted with betrayal or resistance of any kind. That includes his handlers and anyone else he might encounter during his runner.
So, if anyone is in contact with Brian - watch your back. He snaps.

I agree!!!

Possibly worse than that though I think.

Watch your front!

IF you happen to see this guy, it's possible you could be a possible victim if he thinks you have identified him.

I believe his goal right now is survival, and anyone who identifies him could threaten that.
His options if identified by anyone are: fight, flee, or surrender.

Right now it appears he is fleeing.

I don't see any benefits of him surrendering unless he thinks prison is a better place to be than where he is. Surrendering to a possible death penalty could be surrendering to death itself, so I doubt that happens.

So, if you see him, and he can't flee any more and he will not surrender, his only choice may be to fight.

So, I don't think you have to betray or resist or confront him. Just looking at him (and you realizing he is BL) could make you toast! Even if you are a nice guy.

:eek:

moo.

Were the vine tattoos on their ring fingers?

I am not sure which fingers the tattoos were on, but in this article, the tattoo artist was interviewed and he commented "Gabby and Brian got matching tattoos of a vine on their fingers 'to represent their love and the fact they were planning this big trip together,' Nostrom said". I'm not sure if that would mean they considered them to be like 'engagement rings' or not (if that is what you are getting at...I had wondered about this myself) MOO

Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie got matching finger tattoos to represent their love | Daily Mail Online

Edit - from the photos, it appears the tattoos were on their middle fingers

There is so much focus on which date she died. Does it matter?

I think the focus should be now be completely on finding her killer and not on what date she was spotted and where. It might not matter at all what day she was killed. (The only way IMO that would really matter is if she was seen with other people during one of those days, for them to potentially be involved.)
But it seems to me, IMO, that it's clear her violent boyfriend had been choking her on a regular basis, - for fun on his part? or for twisted pleasure on his part? or to show what a big strong controlling man he was? - and that one night he couldn't stop himself and strangled her to death!

Brian Laundrie, you will be found, and the law will deal with you!

From here forward I don't give a **** what the Laundrie family's lawyer says, unless he says "I quit".

JMO
The cause of death doesn't really tell who caused it. The time of death matters a lot in putting all the pieces together for charges.

Not sure if it’s already been noted, but given no other details were released other than cause, manner and approximate time of death, if the coroner and FBI agreed ahead of time that if asked, he could confirm she was not pregnant. He answered that without reservation. On the one hand, he could have given the same boiler plate response that further details aren’t able to be released by law, but it seems like there was at least a discussion ahead of time on whether that one question could be answered. MOO it was smart it quash it up front and glad (at least to me it seems like) there was consensus ahead of time that he could confirm she was not. Any other answer, which would have been along the lines of “I can’t answer that” would have a huge distraction from the focus, causing undo speculation and rumors. I think the entire team has had a calculated well-thought out response in general (except for the DV slip). Lose lips sink ships. And until they have BL in custody, holding their cards close is in Gabby’s and her family’s best interest. Keeping BL, wherever he is, on edge and with little to go on, can only make him more desperate. Hell, maybe by not charging him with homicide now, he’ll get cocky and comfortable and then it’s only a matter of time before he slips up and they throw the cuffs on him. MOO

This doesn’t change anything, IMO. The Feds likely already were told that preliminary results showed strangulation. They had to complete the autopsy to make sure other things weren’t also in play.
I figured it would be that or blunt blow to head.

What it could change is if anyone on the fringe of the L family who might have information to provide to LE, might be more likely to come forward after seeing that the COD was a violent act without the possibility of an accident. Who knows the inside narrative of what the L family has been spewing within their circle. IMO.

MOO/IMO/JMO/IMHO...

General insight:
I would urge you all to check out/keep an eye on Laura Richard’s (BSc, MSc, MBPsS; expert in psychology; formerly of New Scotland Yard + FBI) commentary about Gabby Petito and her fiancé (BL) re. her analysis of their relationship and speculation about coercive control. Richard's has worked hard and lobbied to get this law passed in the UK.

Coercive control and the law - Rights of Women

Coercive control “is a criminal offence in England and Wales”

“Coercive control is when a person with whom you are personally connected, repeatedly behaves in a way which makes you feel controlled, dependent, isolated or scared.”

“The following types of behaviour are common examples of coercive control:
  • isolating you from your friends and family
  • controlling how much money you have and how you spend it
  • monitoring your activities and your movements
  • repeatedly putting you down, calling you names or telling you that you are worthless
  • threatening to harm or kill you or your child
  • threatening to publish information about you or to report you to the police or the authorities
  • damaging your property or household goods
  • forcing you to take part in criminal activity or child abuse”
Laura Richards IG Posts re GP
Login • Instagram
Login • Instagram
Login • Instagram

Listen to podcast episode @realcrimeprofile
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podca...body-cam-footage/id1081244497?i=1000536206545

Laura Richards Profile
About Me - Laura Richards

Today in the US, there are no federal laws that outline and penalize coercive control. However, some states appear to be working on introducing a coercive control bill.

Coercive Control re USA
Coercive Control – Campaign To End Coercive Control In New York

* sorry if I'm breaking any rules re. posting- i'm new to this.
** #justiceforgabbypetito

You have MANY opportunities to change your mind and stop strangling a person . Between 5-10 minutes. Some killers choke the victim until they lose consciousness, then revive them so they can continue the strangulation. ( Gacy did this)
I am looking at my watch, timing just 5 minutes. Five minutes of silence for Gabby. But it is an excruciatingly long time to be murdered. Jmo

Oh I agree, I'm not sure if my post was misconstrued..

I was meaning that a person cannot easily explain away strangulation, it is a very deliberate, intimate MO.

Whereas, if GP had been pushed and hit her head on a rock then that could maybe be explained away by a defence attorney.

MOO

Now I am really re-thinking the van door closing in the tik tok video. Gabby was out going, she would not have shut that door. If he was alone and had killed her he would shut the door and not want to be seen. I can't remember that date that video was taken, sorry. But now I think she was already dead when those people drove by the van...this should get us really close the the day she died.
moo

One thing I haven't seen anybody mention is they're parked beside a dirt road. Every vehicle driving by is going to raise a cloud of dust. If you're sitting outside with the door open, you might well want to duck inside and shut the door to keep the dust out of your van.

Source: growing up in MT/ID/WY and camping beside dirt roads :)

It could be what you said, but it might be nothing.

This was 6 p.m. on 8/27.

I think Gabby died the 28th.MOO
There are NO sightings of either of them that day aside someone seeing the van parked in that spot. I think they were out camping, a fight happened and the incident occurred perhaps later in the day. BL likely went back to the van to come up with a "plan" which he tried to implement on the 29th with his hitch hiking. I still think he was trying to leave to claim he wasn't with her when it happened and set up alibi far enough away. When that didn't pan out quickly enough he panicked - went with Plan B which was take her van and money and run home.

What questions were not asked during the Press Conference that you would have liked to see posed?

One in particular that I can think of that I have seen batted around on these forums is stomach content. Even though he may not have been able to provide details, I would just be curious as to what he could say on that.

And I was wondering if someone would have asked about method of strangulation (i.e. hands, clothing, something else) if he may have hinted at something there.

I did think it was odd that, given everything he said he couldnt answer, he specifically addressed DV when he spoke about other cases that have not received as much attention.

I'm sure they looked at stomach content, or tried to, but it may no longer have been there by the time the body was found. National parks are full of wild animals and insects and bad weather. I'm sure whatever was out there did not leave her remains alone.

(Something BL thought would help him escape his crime).

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member