Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. The witness who saw BL slap GP in Moab and who phoned 911 is an example of direct evidence. The Moab LE body cam showing GP talking about marks on her throat is direct evidence. A jury will have no problem connecting the dots. JMO

The lost of temper at the restaurant, possibly the same day GP disappeared also is direct evidence.

A shower was big on his to-do list, I'm sure. Out, out, damned spot! jmo

I've seen devices for turning a plastic bag into a shower station. Basically hang it from a tree branch & instant shower. As long as there's water available.

Just saying there are alternatives, aside from whether or not showers are available at the campsite.

I'm not sure about why the #vanlife couple says that there aren't showers in Coulter Bay Village. There are showers there. They closed for the season on October 3.

Operating Hours & Seasons - Grand Teton National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Excellent Camping Clean Public Showers. - Review of Colter Bay Village, Grand Teton National Park, WY - Tripadvisor

My vote is that he spent the most of the day trying to construct his alibi, walking to Colter Bay Village and along the Snake River. The story about camping and the girlfriend must have been part of his attempted cover-up.

I agree. And then when he realized his dumb alibi wouldn’t be believed by anyone, he bolted home in Gabby’s van.

I was just watching the Websleuths livestream on YT, with guest Joseph Morgan (investigator w a Coroner Office). He explained a very interesting thing. He was talking about DNA samples from nails, & the difference between everyday DNA from partners & DNA under the nail from an attack.

He said DNA under the fingernails from a fight is often just more than the dermis layer (upper layer of the person's skin), which is what you would find from living together. He said that, from a violent attack, the kind of scrapes the person causes & thereby the DNA they collect under their nails can go down into the epidermis or even the fat layer of skin.

My comment, JMO: dermis, epidermis, fat layer etc are actually differently structured, & can be determined through microscopic analysis (histology).

Last edited:
I guess I’m in the same place. However, leaning toward him committing suicide early on. I know fugitives can successfully evade capture for years, but BL just doesn’t come across as that smart to me.

Thanks for your perspective.

This is obviously just my opinion, but I feel the opposite: I don't think he's died by suicide. If he has died, I suspect it was more a failure to thrive / succumbed to the environment (ie animals) situation than an intentional act.

Oh, I literally have no clue. I just think that may have been a big show.

I will say that it has been commented on multiple times that the FBI didn't get the surveillance footage from the FDS campgrounds until after Dog got that tip. SB let a couple of texts rip about "that dog," and they came off extremely flustered and frustrated. So maybe Dog is getting more information than SB is comfortable with. Dog seems convinced BL is on those islands, and maybe he thought if the Laundries thought he left, since he is more of a wild card on the searches, they'd be more likely to slip up?

Interesting school of thought, for sure. Makes sense.
Thanks for your perspective.

Who wants to talk about GP's time in Salt Lake City?

A week is a long time to spend in an airport hotel. She must have gotten out and done some things on her own that week.

In looking at the photos of her in front of the Butterfly Wall, she's dressed really really differently from the rest of her trip. She doesn't look like she's been camping, or like she's on the way to an overnight in a van in Grand Teton. She looks like someone who's enjoying being a little bit girly for the day.

She looks like someone who spent the night in a clean hotel, took a nice long shower, and had a chance to style her hair. Login • Instagram

There's a commuter train from Salt Lake City to Ogden, called FrontRunner. It leaves every 30-60 minutes, depending on the time of day, and costs about $13 round trip. The trip takes under an hour.

https://www.rideuta.com/Rider-Tools/Schedules-and-Maps/750-FrontRunner

What if she went there while Brian was away? Who took the photos? Did she have plans to meet up with someone she knew? Would that potentially be a source of conflict?

For those of you who believe BL committed suicide.
He had 2300 miles between the crime scene and North Port where he could have pulled off the road and done himself in.
He stole her life, her credit cards, her money, her van, returned home, mowed the lawn, took walks, worked in the garage with his father, went on a camping trip, participated in a smoresfest, then disappeared into hiding.
The Petitos were awash in tears waiting for their daughter to be found. BL's dad was seen grinning it up with an FBI agent during a faux hunt.
Nah. Brian's holed up in a safe house with all the granola bars he can ingest watching all the firestorm he's created on a big screen.
...and nobody around to tell him to wash up.
MOOing.

She was found in Bridger-Teton National Forest, which is within Grand Teton National Park, correct?

No, there is no overlap. National Parks are one thing and National Forests are another.

They're both federal, but they're not even under the same Executive Branch agency -- Parks are under Dept. of Interior, while Forests are under Dept. of Agriculture.

The particular National Park (Grand Tetons) and National Forest (Bridger-Teton) being discussed happen to be immediately adjacent to each other, and the border between the two is very near where her body was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214