Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTH????

Dog The Bounty Hunter Calls Brian Laundrie ‘A Gentleman’ And Says He Killed Gabby Petito While Calming Her Down (msn.com)

Snip

“I was told by a very close source that he was a gentleman,” he told The Sun as he recounted some of the ideas in his head about how Laundrie may have reacted after killing Petito.
Dog the BH is quite the character. He went back to places he had already been to ask many of the same questions he already asked. But this time he had film crews with him because he was shopping a new reality show that was suppose to cover 2 seasons so hence no rush in finding BL...the longer it takes the more footage he has. But what I find funny...CMT turned Dog down and didn't want to buy the idea and right now it doesn't look like there are any other suitors, so coincidently Dog hurts his ankle and has to head home for a bit, right after CMT turned down his reality pitch.

Have we weighed in on how many think he's in hiding vs still alive at this point?
I have been leaning toward the former all along, but as time passes, I truly wonder if he's deceased.

What about the searches that persist in the Carlton Reserve? Yes, it's an expansive landmass, but with the amount of people and equipment that's been dedicated to this search ... is he actually believed to be/have been there, or is it a distraction?
And if it's a distraction ... from what?

Now that GP's cause of death has been released ... assuming BL has access to / is following MSM / is in contact with a trusted confidant AND is still alive -- will this information cause him to misstep and be located? Go further into hiding?

Normally I have so many strongly, fact-based informed opinions on cases, but this one has really left me with a lot of unfounded (or, mildly-founded) conjecture that I'm not even sure what camp I'm in.
I have no clue what camp I'm in either, if it makes you feel better. It changes on a daily basis.

He potentially is not cash strapped.
He may well have rented a house somewhere for several months, paying cash in advance through an intermediary who cannot be traced because it's not a registered agent.
Food could be delivered and paid with cash or online and paid with paypal or some other type of debit card leaving no trace to him.

They say the first 24 hrs in a missing person timeline is crucial, in this case doubly so.
And we only figured out last week what that day may have been.
To me this would fall under 'being hidden by someone' which is one of the possibilities that I listed. This would not be him being somewhere in nature unable to get food. I would assume he is able to get food if someone is hiding him.

I've been wondering something similar, that BL has supplies stashed somewhere. Not so much that he used the van to obtain things but that he always had something squirreled away. Sort of like Israel Keyes.
Could that be what kept him busy between aug 17 and 23? Moving and stashing stuff? I don't know. I don't want to start digging a rabbit hole, but I suppose it is a possibility. jmo

I've been wondering how many times BL drove Gabby's van from September 1st until the 11th when it was seized. Maybe he stocked it up and hid supplies on his own.

You know that is a really good train of thought and it makes sense. We've been so focused on others helping him. Maybe he squirreled away supplies before he was ready to take off all on his own.

Great post @scmom. Thanks.

He potentially is not cash strapped.
He may well have rented a house somewhere for several months, paying cash in advance through an intermediary who cannot be traced because it's not a registered agent.
Food could be delivered and paid with cash or online and paid with paypal or some other type of debit card leaving no trace to him.

They say the first 24 hrs in a missing person timeline is crucial, in this case doubly so.
And we only figured out last week what that day may have been.
I'm thinking he had a 2 week head start. The drive home gave him time to think of a plan.

Dog the BH is quite the character. He went back to places he had already been to ask many of the same questions he already asked. But this time he had film crews with him because he was shopping a new reality show that was suppose to cover 2 seasons so hence no rush in finding BL...the longer it takes the more footage he has. But what I find funny...CMT turned Dog down and didn't want to buy the idea and right now it doesn't look like there are any other suitors, so coincidently Dog hurts his ankle and has to head home for a bit, right after CMT turned down his reality pitch.
Except he didn't head home. JB posted on Twitter Dog is still in FL. I think the ankle story was cover. Lyssa tweeted something about the "bait has been set" shortly after they announced he was leaving. It made me think it was in effort to make it look like they backed off.

To me this would fall under 'being hidden by someone' which is one of the possibilities that I listed. This would not be him being somewhere in nature unable to get food. I would assume he is able to get food if someone is hiding him.
Maybe that's what he bought on those two days that SB won't talk about!

Someone could find the statute, but BL also has the right to participate in his own defense I believe. I think you need mitigating circumstances to try in absentia but I could def be wrong. JMO.

The biggest hurdle to in absentia trials is the 6th Amendment, which guarantees your right to face your accuser.

Except he didn't head home. JB posted on Twitter Dog is still in FL. I think the ankle story was cover. Lyssa tweeted something about the "bait has been set" shortly after they announced he was leaving. It made me think it was in effort to make it look like they backed off.

BBM.
To whose benefit?

The biggest hurdle to in absentia trials is the 6th Amendment, which guarantees your right to face your accuser.
I would think all parties would have to agree to this too, and I don't see any defense agreeing to this if they think they're client is still alive and the evidence isn't solid.

Was this just recently? Because there are showers at Colter Bay. I have used them. They close in September some time, but they should have been available when BL was there.

From the National Park Service website Eating & Sleeping - Grand Teton National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Public Showers
Public shower facilities are available at Colter Bay, Signal Mountain, and Headwaters at Flagg Ranch.

Yes, very recent visit as in the past five days. Thanks for your input.

What would BL need to survive in the various possible scenarios?

For example if someone is helping to hide him in an urban setting providing food/shelter/utilities etc, what does that look like?

Versus if BL were surviving on his own out on a trail somewhere, what would he need? Meaning, what kind of food items, gear etc. I doubt he's trudging along the AT with a bag full of canned salmon, sleeping on a tarp.

Interesting! Where could he have showered? Motel? Miranda Baker said he looked CLEAN when she picked him up and that he said he had a tarp but did not seem equipped for a long hike. I wonder if he hitched the night of 27th and holed up in a motel..then hitched back to the van the 29th. jmo

@carbuff said the showers were open during BLs visits but they are closed now with winter approaching.

Interesting! Where could he have showered? Motel? Miranda Baker said he looked CLEAN when she picked him up and that he said he had a tarp but did not seem equipped for a long hike. I wonder if he hitched the night of 27th and holed up in a motel..then hitched back to the van the 29th. jmo
I'm not sure about why the #vanlife couple says that there aren't showers in Coulter Bay Village. There are showers there. They closed for the season on October 3.

Operating Hours & Seasons - Grand Teton National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Excellent Camping Clean Public Showers. - Review of Colter Bay Village, Grand Teton National Park, WY - Tripadvisor

My vote is that he spent the most of the day trying to construct his alibi, walking to Colter Bay Village and along the Snake River. The story about camping and the girlfriend must have been part of his attempted cover-up.

I’m pretty shocked LE hasn’t found BL yet with all the media attention and reward money offered. If he’s not dead, he’s probably hiding deep into some woods. He probably scouted out the area on his way out of spread creek when he headed to Florida. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s located somewhere near the path he took home in the van. He knew he was going to have to run at some point. This was planned. IMO
I like this idea- less predictable than returning to AT or spots he’s visited with GP or fam. Looking for parks & forests between Benton, IL & the FL panhandle… Lots of forestland in TN. Or colleges where he could blend with young people in masks & rent a cheap apartment for several years without raising eyebrows. Just ideas…

BBM.
To who's benefit?
Oh, I literally have no clue. I just think that may have been a big show.

I will say that it has been commented on multiple times that the FBI didn't get the surveillance footage from the FDS campgrounds until after Dog got that tip. SB let a couple of texts rip about "that dog," and they came off extremely flustered and frustrated. So maybe Dog is getting more information than SB is comfortable with. Dog seems convinced BL is on those islands, and maybe he thought if the Laundries thought he left, since he is more of a wild card on the searches, they'd be more likely to slip up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member