Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Laundrie's neighbors RENT out yards to media crews at $3,500 a week

Published on : 01:37 PST, Oct 7, 2021

Brian Laundrie's neighbors are renting out their yards to media though cops have closed the street.

View attachment 317188

NORTH PORT, FLORIDA: Brian Laundrie's neighbors have reportedly been cashing in on the tragedy of Long island native Gabby Petito's homicide by charging media outlets $3,500 a week to camp in their yards. Among the media companies that have paid the neighbors are CBS News, Fox News and ABC News, TMZ reported. As the manhunt for Brian Laundrie continues, media remain camped outside his home in North Port, Florida.

8da30a9b-080d-4358-a209-4aa1a2cb2bf1.jpg

Protesters have been gathering outside the Laundrie residence.

Amid rumors about Laundrie's parents helping their son evade arrest, protesters have been staging loud demonstrations outside the Laundrie residence. There have been reports of scuffles breaking out between the homeowners and those demanding justice.

In an attempt to reduce the media presence, police have closed the street to all, except the residents. Renting a space for the neighbors, however, lets camera crews circumvent these police restrictions.

Brian Laundrie's sister Cassie recently said her family has been ignoring her after her brother disappeared and Gabby Petito died. Addressing protesters outside her Lakewood Ranch home on Monday, October 4, Cassie said she did not know if her parents helped Brian escape, and that she has not been able to speak with them. "I'm in the boat where I'm getting ignored by my family and thrown under the bus by my family's attorney,"
large bolding mine.
Not very nice of them.
Was this a pattern from before ?

A question: Was Brian a 'golden child' ?
If so, it makes me feel for those who may have felt neglected. :(

As far as the looky loo's and the media: This will not last forever.

My fear is that if Brian's not apprehended soon, the case will go cold and he'll get on with his life and another young lady will be in danger from him !
Caveat : Not realistic that he'll continue to live for the remainder of his life with support from family or friends --someone is going to get tired of providing room and board -- but stranger things have happened.
I don't believe for a second that Brian walked away and has managed to secret himself away without outside help.
Imo.

Last edited:
Imagine how different it would be if the Laundries came out immediately and said, “We are devastated by the loss of Gabby… and our son. The Petitos and family are forever on our minds. Please leave us in peace.”

Oh nooo!! Look at what their actions were. Lawyer, silence, ignoring the Petitos, the Mustang and “family” camping with BL while Gabby’s body was decomposing outdoors for 3 to 4 weeks! Not to mention the timeline change. No sympathy from me. MOO

No one should approve of this. A functioning society is ruled by laws. No matter how angry you get you dont have the right to terrorize and threaten people. If LE is relying on mob rule to solve something then we're on a bad trajectory. Breaking the law is why we're on this thread in the first place.

I can't support the Laundrie's at all in their treatment of Gabby and her family but I don't support what's being done to them, their home, and their daughter's family either. It's sick.

Quotes RSBM.

I do have sympathy for the Laundries on the level that this may have caught them completely unaware, but their subsequent actions, silence and lack of kindness to Gabby’s family have killed me from the start.

At some point, denial and self-preservation can take one's soul...

their charming attorney.

...yes...he releases the most charming-worded statements at the most charming moments.

I have a question for those of you familiar with physical DV. Gabby claimed to have hit Brian first during their scuffle and also said she hit him when the police pulled them over. She also said Brian did not hit her but grabbed her face and pushed her back. She was very clear that Brian was wanting her to calm down. I believe her.

Is it normal for victims of long term DV to initiate violence with the one they fear? Or is it more likely that Brian's violence was new? I have no experience with DV and this is an honest question.

To be clear, I in no way put any blame on Gabby. I'm just trying to understand as I find this confusing.

So from what I saw on that video I got the impression that Gabby was just so exasperated she could not react any way that would help remedy the situation. I got the impression that BL took joy out of antagonizing her and pushing every button until she was frantic. What IMO probably started as a minor incident likely escalated and escalated with gas lighting and moving goal posts because he DIDN’T want her to calm down. He wanted to wind her up, get her upset so she lost it and he could use that to remind her of how crazy she was. I don’t think Gabby hit him to initiate violence, I think she hit him because she had tried and tried talking to him, explaining, apologizing, justifying, begging and he just wouldn’t let up. I think he dangled the van over her head and had driven off without her multiple times and she couldn’t react any other way. I think she just wanted him to stop and drop the subject.
ALL moo.

is it a common thing for a coroner to do? Thank you for answering, I am a little amazed that this is a thing....regardless of all the media and emails he must have had, our Coronial teams and our Coroner would never be permitted to be so public.

A Coroner wouldn’t hold a PC to release autopsy results in Canada either. They’d simply release the report to LE. But in the US Coroners are generally elected officials so it’s a public position, one of may differences in their polictical system. IMO

Ppl in a rage don't stop what they are doing untill its to late or someone or something stops them!!!! It's not anger!!!
Totally disagree, they might yell, scream, break things, hit too much but most do not kill. Most have something in them that stops them from killing, especially in such a personal way. Rage is not an excuse, it only opens the door to let out what was already there. MOO

I might have a bit of empathy for them if their behavior from the very first had not been cold and calculating. They acted like someone they didn’t know was missing and then found deceased. No response to Gabby’s family. No kind words whatsoever, just garbage statements from an attorney.

If they didn’t believe their son had harmed Gabby they might have shown more compassion. But the fact that they wouldn’t disclose any information at all, while letting her van sit in their driveway, shows what type of people they are.

I have absolutely no compassion for these people.

MOO

Their reticence is unfortunate but i do not fault them because:
1) they have a right to remain silent
2) presumption of innocence, which is being violated left and right
3) I go to 930 mass every Sunday with my family - and I can tell ya right now I would do the exact same thing as CL & RL if it were my kid -- I don't believe anyone with children would say otherwise

I don’t know anything about his qualifications but I do assume that he’s qualified. I am puzzled though by the fact that he decided to give a media interview after not providing that information during the press conference. MOO
He didn’t really give any new info during his interview. He said someone with thumbs strangled her. We all knew that. Manual strangulation means hands were used. This is common sense to make the stretch that the hands had thumbs. We need to stop looking for things to be mad at the coroner over moo.

KSL is not releasing the video but showed it to former Salt Lake County prosecutor Kurt Morgan.

“One of the things I’ve been seeing in this story is a history of these individuals getting into fights and she attacked him,” said Morgan. “I don’t see that here. All I see is one individual who suffered the damage and no evidence of injury created by her.”

He said he didn’t notice any obvious signs of struggle and believes the suspect moved quickly.

“This was quick. This was not sitting here for five or six hours, trying to figure out how to conceal a crime,” he said.
Gabby Petito crime scene and cause of death (fox8.com)

MOO, her denying that he hit her is classic DV mentality, taking the blame. I do not discount the 911 caller, he clearly said he saw Brian slapping and punching her despite Gabby saying he did not. I do not discount that the 911 caller saw a woman he thought needed help despite what Gabby said. Brian admitted that "they were both physical". We don’t know when the fight started or what happened before the eyewitnesses became aware of it. I agree, they both said he wanted her to calm down, but calm down from what, his previously hitting her per the 911 call? In my opinion what that caller saw was more than Brian just trying to get away from Gabby, he saw Brian striking her in those moments. In my opinion it is very telling that he told her she would not be successful at her blogging career. If you truly love your partner, you just don’t do that in a demeaning way. Even if you think their attempt is futile, you still encourage and support, help them. It is not like he had anything else going on, made big sacrifices to go on the road with her. You don’t try to make them feel like a failure and worthless, that only benefits the person who is saying that, so why would he tell her that? I don’t think the abuse was new. I think grabbing someone by the face is a very aggressive/controlling posture to take with your partner. My daughter was in a DV marriage, she would deny the abuse despite the bruises on her, make excuses. From the outside looking in, it is very hard to understand why they deny the abuse, but they do for a myriad of complicated reasons that I don’t think they themselves understand. I am not negating Gabby’s contribution/participation or that she was not physical with him. In the Moab video I see a lot of the same characteristics in Gabby I saw in my daughter when she was still in her marriage. MOO

absolutely. And you never call A loved one ”crazy” in a mocking, laughing manner, seemingly to facilitate camaraderie. So mean, cruel and very abusive. MOO

Their reticence is unfortunate but i do not fault them because:
1) they have a right to remain silent
2) presumption of innocence, which is being violated left and right
3) I go to 930 mass every Sunday with my family - and I can tell ya right now I would do the exact same thing as CL & RL if it were my kid -- I don't believe anyone with children would say otherwise
I respectfully disagree with #3. If it were my kid I would have made him respond to her parents. I myself would have responded to her parents. If I knew that he did something to her or they had an altercation, which IMO they probably had fights in their home within earshot at the very least of his parents. Then I would have had him cooperate. Their behavior IMO is appalling. As a parent you should be setting a good example, and their example is horrible.

This whole thing with reporters and protestors harassing the Laundrie’s is getting old quite frankly.

I don’t care for the Laundrie’s one bit and I see them as complicit in Brian getting away. Yup, I said it, I think they helped.

So long as they are under the microscope they will never slip up. If they are allowed to relax, get comfortable, maybe, just maybe, they’ll make a mistake. That’s never going to happen as long as this nonsense continues.

If the only story these reporters can come up with is that CL cut his grass today then it’s time to move on. Time for a new tactic. Go for a different angle.

This has become beyond ridiculous.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members