Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
personally, I think he is alive and has or is receiving help to stay hidden. I don't know if I think he is outdoors roughing it or tucked away in some hotel or basement playing video games. Either way, I am sure his mental health is suffering. If his personality type is what I suspect he needs validation and attention very badly and is receiving neither since this all started. I don't think he would harm himself, although I do believe he would claim he's going to, I don't see him actually doing it. Again, not aligned with the personality type I suspect he has.

You should start a poll thread, because it is very interesting hearing what everyone else thinks.
BBM

I do not know what you mean by this part

Well, the longer this plays out they'll eventually break down. I think that is why LE allows the protests to continue. Eventually, they'll want their life back and will talk. They are hoping another breaking story will push Gabby off of the news cycle and then they can resume their lives as if she never existed.

No one should approve of this. A functioning society is ruled by laws. No matter how angry you get you dont have the right to terrorize and threaten people. If LE is relying on mob rule to solve something then we're on a bad trajectory. Breaking the law is why we're on this thread in the first place.

I feel very sorry them. In no world should a frenzied mob be entitled to terrorize a family. The street should be blocked off and intruders arrested. This is not okay. I'm disappointed in how this is being handled.

IF the Laundrie’s SHOWED ANY sympathy (Lay a wreath on Gabby’s memorial… they don’t even have to say anything) they might RECEIVE some understanding. Everything that they have done looks guilty as hell! THAT is why they have people on their street. MOO

I really find it hard not to root for the protestors.

Maybe because he wasn’t planning to speak on it but that information was released on Twitter immediately after the PC? So it was now publicly available? Just speculation.
thank you ...I didn't know about the twitter release.

Just a question, now the COD has been announced has CaL released any statement? Since she has previously done an interview I would have perhaps expected some form of statement in relation to gabby and her awful COD IMO just got me thinking maybe she now has her own lawyer especially with the death threats etc.

Not that I'm aware of. I know Brian Entin was going to try to speak with here as he said in one of his lives, but she doesn't seem to be talking.

BBM

I do not know what you mean by this part

there is a subsection on this site that allows members to create a poll. It is found at this link Not sure it is still used, been a long time since I created a poll

personally, I think he is alive and has or is receiving help to stay hidden. I don't know if I think he is outdoors roughing it or tucked away in some hotel or basement playing video games. Either way, I am sure his mental health is suffering. If his personality type is what I suspect he needs validation and attention very badly and is receiving neither since this all started. I don't think he would harm himself, although I do believe he would claim he's going to, I don't see him actually doing it. Again, not aligned with the personality type I suspect he has.

You should start a poll thread, because it is very interesting hearing what everyone else thinks.
You mention his need for validation and attention. All he has to do is go online anonymously and there's everyone talking about him. Some flattering, like he's a master survivalist outwitting the FBI. Some very unflattering. He might be eating this up. MOO.

Totally agree. He killed once, it will be easy the next time.

I'm concerned for many single women friends that live in rural areas off the AT, BRP, Smokey Mts. I know they are vigilant since the rumor BL could be in NC/VA. Not a good feeling until he's caught or proven dead. Moo...
He's not a.ladies man sorry!
I don't think he would.do.it again!

thats so odd because I literally heard him answer a question from Elieen Lehpamer at the 17:15 mark ...where he states he couldn't confirm if it was manual strangulation or with a ligature...so why did he say that to Anderson Cooper?

I haven’t listened to the interview so perhaps he said more, but saying that it was strangulation by a human doesn’t reveal whether it was manual or by ligature.

MOO

The weakest link is Cassie, then Chris IMO. I think that Roberta is a hopeless cause and is totally trusting of their charming attorney. jmo

My bold....

Pretty sure I've missed a crud ton of posts so could you (or anyone) explain what is known about his mother that explains this and a few other comments I've read about her. Where does the info on her (or the dad, for that matter) come from?

I guess if he had to pick somewhere to hide or give the appearance of hiding he picked two great places. Both are huge and impossible to search thoroughly. Personally I think he is alive, but not in either of those two places. I think he headed somewhere in the lower US. Our winters are nothing compared to back east. Sadly I don't think he will be found very soon and fear this may drag on. JMO
I totally agree that he's not in the two huge areas that LE is searching. I am also 95% sure that he is alive, although I may rethink that down the road. But I am guessing that he will be found within the next 3 months, tops. It will depend on how much money he had with him when he left and how closely people are paying attention to others. A large reward is a good incentive for people to pay attention. JMHO

I have a question for those of you familiar with physical DV. Gabby claimed to have hit Brian first during their scuffle and also said she hit him when the police pulled them over. She also said Brian did not hit her but grabbed her face and pushed her back. She was very clear that Brian was wanting her to calm down. I believe her.

Is it normal for victims of long term DV to initiate violence with the one they fear? Or is it more likely that Brian's violence was new? I have no experience with DV and this is an honest question.

To be clear, I in no way put any blame on Gabby. I'm just trying to understand as I find this confusing.
MOO, her denying that he hit her is classic DV mentality, taking the blame. I do not discount the 911 caller, he clearly said he saw Brian slapping and punching her despite Gabby saying he did not. I do not discount that the 911 caller saw a woman he thought needed help despite what Gabby said. Brian admitted that "they were both physical". We don’t know when the fight started or what happened before the eyewitnesses became aware of it. I agree, they both said he wanted her to calm down, but calm down from what, his previously hitting her per the 911 call? In my opinion what that caller saw was more than Brian just trying to get away from Gabby, he saw Brian striking her in those moments. In my opinion it is very telling that he told her she would not be successful at her blogging career. If you truly love your partner, you just don’t do that in a demeaning way. Even if you think their attempt is futile, you still encourage and support, help them. It is not like he had anything else going on, made big sacrifices to go on the road with her. You don’t try to make them feel like a failure and worthless, that only benefits the person who is saying that, so why would he tell her that? I don’t think the abuse was new. I think grabbing someone by the face is a very aggressive/controlling posture to take with your partner. My daughter was in a DV marriage, she would deny the abuse despite the bruises on her, make excuses. From the outside looking in, it is very hard to understand why they deny the abuse, but they do for a myriad of complicated reasons that I don’t think they themselves understand. I am not negating Gabby’s contribution/participation or that she was not physical with him. In the Moab video I see a lot of the same characteristics in Gabby I saw in my daughter when she was still in her marriage. MOO

Last edited:
In hindsight, it seems impossible to regard Gabby as "the aggressor," but at the time, given what various witnesses had said and, more importantly, visible injuries, Brian had more injuries than Gabby. The one officer tries to get Gabby to talk about her facial injury (I am not sure she knows she had it or that it was a visible scratch). The Ranger tries to tell Gabby that her relationship is not healthy (they. can all see it). But police have to look at physical facts and listen to the admissions of the detainees. Brian had scratches, and Gabby says she made those scratches and that she initiated physical contact. In fact, she admits to two different incidents - one in Moab, and then again just as they are being pulled over - she punches him in the arm.

I am one of those who believes we can see a thumbprint bruise on the back right side of Gabby's neck when she is in the sand dunes. It's not visible when her hair is down (she was wearing a pony tail there). Might have been another version of "face shmooshing".
By the law in Utah, however, they were applying the wrong definitions. They are a "predominant aggressor" state. Here is the statute:

In determining who the predominant aggressor was, the officer shall consider:

(a) any prior complaints of domestic violence;
(b) the relative severity of injuries inflicted on each person;
(c) the likelihood of future injury to each of the parties; and
(d) whether one of the parties acted in self-defense.

There are four elements for them to consider. They had no way to evaluate (a). For (b) all injuries were minor. For (c) they clearly acknowledge that she is not likely to cause future injury and that he would be much more capable of causing future injury if he so chose (though they didn't seem to consider whether he would potentially cause future injury). For (d) they seem to believe that he was acting in self-defense, but one certainly could conclude otherwise given that he was trying to lock her out of the van in the middle of a hot desert climate, and she told the officers that the reason she didn't want to "let him cool off" was because she was desperately thirsty and wanted to fill up the water tank at the park. Not to mention that BL says that he pushed her and that she "got him" in the face with her phone, making it sound accidental on her part. IMHO, one could easily see that as her acting in self defense.

The situation was not as cut and dry or as predetermined as the officers at the scene seemed to think it was.

http://www.ncdsv.org/images/BWJP_PrimaryAggressorStatutues_2008.pdf

Last edited:
Ppl in a rage don't stop what they are doing untill its to late or someone or something stops them!!!! It's not anger!!!

Nah, I disagree to some extent. When you explain this away as he was in a rage and couldn’t stop unless some external force stopped him, it is minimizing his level of responsibility, like he was out of his mind and unable to control himself. Yes, he grabbed her neck in a rage, but every decision after that impulse was actively made.

Plenty of people stop beating someone before they kill them, or stop stabbing them before they die. In fact, IMO - I’m sure BL stopped strangling Gabby every time he thought she was dead and wasn’t. When you listen to interviews with killers of people who have strangled people, they are often surprised that it takes so long and that the person wasn’t dead, just unconscious and so they had to keep working at it. There was one guy who filmed himself killing a woman and was heard on his recording screaming something like, “why won’t you just die already!!??” Some even switch to a different weapon because it’s exhausting to do it this way.

BL doesn’t look particularly strong. So I don’t doubt this was a long process, and highly doubt he killed her in one go. I believe he had to start again at least once after he thought she was dead. Which means he could have stopped. But he needed her dead if he hoped to escape consequence for what he did. At that point, he had probably beat her terribly in addition to squeezing her neck to the point of unconsciousness, and he could not allow her to survive.

Sure, this killing probably started in a rage, but he was very aware of what he was doing. His actions during her killing were as calculating as the ones after. It’s a disservice to Gabby to act like BL could not control himself.

Not that I'm aware of. I know Brian Entin was going to try to speak with here as he said in one of his lives, but she doesn't seem to be talking.
IF she didn't know (I'm still on the fence about that), she may be trying to process the information herself. My heart goes out to her little boys. JMO

You mention his need for validation and attention. All he has to do is go online anonymously and there's everyone talking about him. Some flattering, like he's a master survivalist outwitting the FBI. Some very unflattering. He might be eating this up. MOO.

true, but how enjoyable can that be when he can't enjoy his celebrity publicly?

I suspect his motivation was to get the media/callers/emailers/question Askers off his back.

moo
is it a common thing for a coroner to do? Thank you for answering, I am a little amazed that this is a thing....regardless of all the media and emails he must have had, our Coronial teams and our Coroner would never be permitted to be so public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia