Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one should approve of this. A functioning society is ruled by laws. No matter how angry you get you dont have the right to terrorize and threaten people. If LE is relying on mob rule to solve something then we're on a bad trajectory. Breaking the law is why we're on this thread in the first place.

Peaceful protesting isn't terrorizing, but LE would arrest them if they crossed that line, wouldn't they?
Didn't they fine & remove the bullhorn couplke? So far no other signs of violence, or did I miss something new?

I couldn't disagree more with you. I am a parent and would NEVER have handle this the way the L's have. If my child did what is suspected, I would be the first to demand he speak up and provide answers.

imo

Then more power to you .... I would protect my own at all costs under any circumstance. So, like I said I don't fault them for it. And, again they all have a right to remain silent. AND they're entitled to the presumption of innocence.

Intimate partner violence (IPV) is domestic violence by a current or former spouse or partner in an intimate relationship against the other spouse or partner.[1][2] IPV can take a number of forms, including physical, verbal, emotional, economic and sexual abuse. The World Health Organization (WHO) defines IPV as "any behaviour within an intimate relationship that causes physical, psychological or sexual harm to those in the relationship, including acts of physical aggression, sexual coercion, psychological abuse and controlling behaviors."[3] IPV is sometimes referred to simply as battery, or as spouse or partner abuse.[4]

The most extreme form of IPV is termed intimate terrorism, coercive controlling violence, or simply coercive control.

Resistance to intimate terrorism, which is a form of self-defense, and is termed violent resistance, is usually conducted by women.[10][11]

The most common but less injurious form of intimate partner violence is situational couple violence (also known as situational violence), which is conducted by men and women nearly equally,[6][4][10] and is more likely to occur among younger couples, including adolescents (see teen dating violence) and those of college age.[10][18] Another form of violence, in which both partners in the relationship engage in controlling and violent behavior, is called mutual violent control.
Intimate partner violence - Wikipedia

I have a question for those of you familiar with physical DV. Gabby claimed to have hit Brian first during their scuffle and also said she hit him when the police pulled them over. She also said Brian did not hit her but grabbed her face and pushed her back. She was very clear that Brian was wanting her to calm down. I believe her.

Is it normal for victims of long term DV to initiate violence with the one they fear? Or is it more likely that Brian's violence was new? I have no experience with DV and this is an honest question.

To be clear, I in no way put any blame on Gabby. I'm just trying to understand as I find this confusing.

This is the part that completely confused me. My experience is that I would never have initiated contact. And how she absolutely did not want to be separated from him even a short while. Very confusing for me.

I do not think he killed her on purpose!

What does 'blind with rage' mean?
Rage is a destructive action. It is intended to hurt, actually break someone or something. It is also blind and the attack is often against an innocent helpless person or child. We speak of a person being 'in a blind rage,' or being 'blind with rage.' Rage is also explosive, which means that it cannot be easily steered once it blows.
Rage

Was there any solid evidence he was actually there? Security camera footage? GPS tracked by phone?
Or just the parent's word?
Only evidence was the mustang...and that's not evidence of him parking it there. But why the weeks-long search? Maybe they thought he dumped stuff there or that he dumped stuff there PREVIOUSLY, during his 17th to 23rd hiatus? What was this "intelligence" of which they spoke? jmo

This whole thing with reporters and protestors harassing the Laundrie’s is getting old quite frankly.

I don’t care for the Laundrie’s one bit and I see them as complicit in Brian getting away. Yup, I said it, I think they helped.

So long as they are under the microscope they will never slip up. If they are allowed to relax, get comfortable, maybe, just maybe, they’ll make a mistake. That’s never going to happen as long as this nonsense continues.

If the only story these reporters can come up with is that CL cut his grass today then it’s time to move on. Time for a new tactic. Go for a different angle.

This has become beyond ridiculous.

MOO

No. The public wants BL found. The Petitos want BL found. There is a Federal warrant. The parents are a key link. He was at their house. He was handled by them. They even alienated their own daughter in what looks like an attempt to protect BL and cover their actions. He was very possibly enabled by them. So where the hell is he? No sympathy. MOO

This is fitting. Every killer had to have their first kill, some of them never stopped until caught; if they were caught.
The thing I think should be of concern is that we DON'T know if BL liked what he was doing.
IMO

He not have liked it, but he found out it was one way of getting what he wanted and having control of the outcome.

Consider the time it takes to strangle someone and thinking that was fairly quick in their minds, then using a stop watch time those 5 or 6 minutes and how long it feels when imaging how long it takes.

Now BL knows what he is capable of doing and would probably never worry about doing it again, if need be. Being in his present situation and growing desperate, he would no doubt do it again if something comes up that could/would expose him.

He is no longer just this guy who committed fraud he now a murder suspect or suspected in a murder. No turning back, no going back, it's all or nothing for him. JMO

So from what I saw on that video I got the impression that Gabby was just so exasperated she could not react any way that would help remedy the situation. I got the impression that BL took joy out of antagonizing her and pushing every button until she was frantic. What IMO probably started as a minor incident likely escalated and escalated with gas lighting and moving goal posts because he DIDN’T want her to calm down. He wanted to wind her up, get her upset so she lost it and he could use that to remind her of how crazy she was. I don’t think Gabby hit him to initiate violence, I think she hit him because she had tried and tried talking to him, explaining, apologizing, justifying, begging and he just wouldn’t let up. I think he dangled the van over her head and had driven off without her multiple times and she couldn’t react any other way. I think she just wanted him to stop and drop the subject.
ALL moo.
Ita.
What you're describing sounds like torturing Gabby. :mad:
My coworkers' ex-husband would do that, and then say (paraphrased), "Look at what you're making me do. Do you realize how crazy you sound ?"
MOO.

Then more power to you .... I would protect my own at all costs under any circumstance. So, like I said I don't fault them for it. And, again they all have a right to remain silent. AND they're entitled to the presumption of innocence.

So are you saying you wouldn’t turn your child in if you knew they murdered someone? What if they ran off and killed someone else after that?

So from what I saw on that video I got the impression that Gabby was just so exasperated she could not react any way that would help remedy the situation. I got the impression that BL took joy out of antagonizing her and pushing every button until she was frantic. What IMO probably started as a minor incident likely escalated and escalated with gas lighting and moving goal posts because he DIDN’T want her to calm down. He wanted to wind her up, get her upset so she lost it and he could use that to remind her of how crazy she was. I don’t think Gabby hit him to initiate violence, I think she hit him because she had tried and tried talking to him, explaining, apologizing, justifying, begging and he just wouldn’t let up. I think he dangled the van over her head and had driven off without her multiple times and she couldn’t react any other way. I think she just wanted him to stop and drop the subject.
ALL moo.

yes she said she slapped him because she wanted him to stop telling her to calm down. Certainly not a reason to slap someone, however The worst way to get someone to calm down is to TELL them to calm down, Implying that they are out of control and acting “crazy”
IMO

Only evidence was the mustang...and that's not evidence of him parking it there. But why the weeks-long search? Maybe they thought he dumped stuff there or that he dumped stuff there PREVIOUSLY, during his 17th to 23rd hiatus? What was this "intelligence" of which they spoke? jmo

I really hope they have more evidence than his car was parked there. Anyone could have driven it there.

He didn’t really give any new info during his interview. He said someone with thumbs strangled her. We all knew that. Manual strangulation means hands were used. This is common sense to make the stretch that the hands had thumbs. We need to stop looking for things to be mad at the coroner over moo.

The only problem with that position is that during the press conference that he called he said he couldn't say if hands were used or an object. That WY statutes didn't allow him to say. Maybe that wasn't true and what he said on Cooper's show was ok. But you'd think he'd have reviewed the statutes 1) when he took the job or 2) before the press conference he called.
JMO

I respectfully disagree with #3. If it were my kid I would have made him respond to her parents. I myself would have responded to her parents. If I knew that he did something to her or they had an altercation, which IMO they probably had fights in their home within earshot at the very least of his parents. Then I would have had him cooperate. Their behavior IMO is appalling. As a parent you should be setting a good example, and their example is horrible.
I completely agree. They are enabling BL, not showing him what a responsible human being should do.

KSL is not releasing the video but showed it to former Salt Lake County prosecutor Kurt Morgan.

“One of the things I’ve been seeing in this story is a history of these individuals getting into fights and she attacked him,” said Morgan. “I don’t see that here. All I see is one individual who suffered the damage and no evidence of injury created by her.”

He said he didn’t notice any obvious signs of struggle and believes the suspect moved quickly.

“This was quick. This was not sitting here for five or six hours, trying to figure out how to conceal a crime,” he said.
Gabby Petito crime scene and cause of death (fox8.com)
This is the first i've seen about "hiking shoes next to her body"
MOO Maybe they were in the tent sleeping/whatever, he strangles Gabby and then drags her out of the tent. But why take everything else and leave her shoes?

BL returned home from Aug 17 - 23.

What if, BL returning Sept 1, lies to his parents? Says he is going back? He stays a little over a week - she is reported missing - his parents maybe realize what is actually happening here - lawyer up because the "presumption of innocence" is already gone and they foresee the media madness coming down the street. It's not impossible to believe that BL continually lied to them and fed them an alternate story and that they truly do not know where he is right now, or if he is even alive.

I've said it before, these people flip houses and have a juicing company. They do not have the resources, finances, or connections ala the mafia, to develop and support a master "getaway" / "stay away" plan that would be able to evade the FBI for weeks on end.

I think BL lied to them, left them in the lurch, and offed himself somewhere

This is the first i've seen about "hiking shoes next to her body"
MOO Maybe they were in the tent sleeping/whatever, he strangles Gabby and then drags her out of the tent. But why take everything else and leave her shoes?
Staging it? Or she was wearing them at time of death? Or they were accidentally left while the killer packed up?

Has there been any talk or speculation that BL may possibly be somewhere for psychological eval/ substance rehab or anything of the sort?

They are entitled to the presumption of innocence in the eyes if the law. Not the general public.

Ita.
What you're describing sounds like torturing Gabby. :mad:
My coworkers' ex-husband would do that, and then say (paraphrased), "Look at what you're making me do. Do you realize how crazy you sound ?"
MOO.

My ex would do a lot of terrible things or say extremely mean things and then issue “apologies” such as “I’m sorry you feel that way,” or “I’m sorry you took it that way.” I started to believe I was crazy for how I felt, wrong for being upset, and it really destroyed my confidence and made me doubt my sanity. You can see that dynamic at play in the Moab videos. He called her crazy and belittled her work like it was the most natural thing. Where most of us want to paint our partners in the best possible light, right? He slowly dimmed the lights on Gabby’s spirit before he killed her. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member