Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they don't know he's wanted by the feds. Anythings possible technically

I could definitely see this as the type of place he would want to go. I don't know much about these types of farms and how out of touch or off the grid they are. The way this case has gone - anything is possible!

The KSL report said she was covered with something that looked like a blanket

Wyoming coroner: Gabby Petito's cause of death was strangulation
Was this former prosecutor a witness on the ground? If he was looking at heli video, she may have been covered by investigators right away so that heli video would NOT show her remains. As for the hiking boots............that's interesting. Wonder if they were set there neatly, upright, or looked sort of thrown or scattered next to her. jmo

I think he killed her night of the restaurant incident in Jackson. He was probably enraged that Gabby went back into the restaurant to apologize for his behavior.

I think it may have happened then too, but I think he became enraged because she was breaking up with him.

Just for context, the entire population of Wyoming is about half of the county where I live: 578,756 people in Wyoming. And that's in ~98,900 square miles - almost twice the size of England and over 3X the size of Scotland, for comparison.

Teton County has about 23,300 people in 4,216 square miles - so relatively populated and entirely due to the NP tourism infrastructure. Jackson has a population of 10,500 - so half of the people in the county live there.

Unlike Alaska, which is only about 85% land and the rest is water, Wyoming is 99% land - desolate, open, dry and windy.

I mention these facts to give perspective on how truly rural the area near Spread Creek is - the Moran Junction area has about 10-15 people living near it. Colter Bay is busy, because it's in the park. Many gas stations on the route through Wyoming have no attendants, especially at night, but I'd guess they have cameras these days.

Since people were asking about BL's "comfort zone," I'd say "not Merry Piglets and not downtown Moab." He liked going to that preserve in FL. There's no evidence that he was ever into gaming, but I believe he was into comics and book reading - solitary activities. He did a *lot* of drawing and had become notably proficient at linoleum stamp carving - a painstaking art requiring concentration and diligence. He did both small format and large format painting and had talent (not sure he still does - creativity requires a certain state of mind).

A guy like him would have a hard time establishing a relationship with any girl, it does not surprise me that they got together in high school. He was born in North Port, though, according to online searches. I do not think many women who are looking for men online will swipe on Brian (and everyone who does online dating wants real pictures of the person and will ghost a person if they try to meet and the person looks different than expected).

I don't see him as a guy who has "game." I do wonder what he's using for money and where he got it, if he is alive. I'm not sure he's alive. I'm not sure he can live without the conditions that gave him happiness and creativity. I can see him jumping off a cliff in some wilderness or national park...far from the crowds, though.

I don't think it's a good development where online gawkers and social media influencers are using this kind of tragedy to either bolster their following or pass the time. The harassment of family members (not to mention neighbors) by a bunch of people who knew nothing of this individual a month ago is not justice, it's not activism, it's vacationing for people obsessed with true crime entertainment. The people out there acting like fools have no idea what the FBI or police have told these people, and are doing nothing more than satisfying their own weird desire to be part of a sad story they have no role in.

ITA. The neighbors didn't choose to live next to a circus.

They are entitled to the presumption of innocence in the eyes if the law. Not the general public.
So they appease the general public and leave themselves open to legal liability? What business is it of the general public anyway. Seriously, this is like the baying mobs in medieval times.

Was this former prosecutor a witness on the ground? If he was looking at heli video, she may have been covered by investigators right away so that heli video would NOT show her remains. As for the hiking boots............that's interesting. Wonder if they were set there neatly, upright, or looked sort of thrown or scattered next to her. jmo
KSL showed him the original video that showed Gabby laying there.

I think he killed her night of the restaurant incident in Jackson. He was probably enraged that Gabby went back into the restaurant to apologize for his behavior.
I think the same. What I don’t understand is why he hung around there for two or so more days. Why hitchhike if he had the van? Why stay in the area at all? It just seems weird to me that he wouldn’t flee immediately.

IMO, the release of the Cause of Death in a homicide prior to apprehension of the perpetrator was unexpected and puzzling.

Perhaps authorities have evidence that BL is no longer alive.

As far as I know they are not required to keep it secret, they just sometimes do in order to have secret information to verify a suspect's story. Since we still don't have any real specifics about the actual murder, there are plenty of details they could use to verify. Clothing, position of the body, surroundings, etc. MOO

Based on your posts a few weeks ago acting like regular couples normally have knock down drag out fights, and that it’s normal to throw each other’s stuff outside and lock each other out of the car and houses, I’m not at all surprised bu how you seek to minimize his decisions and responsibility here. MOO

Say what?
Good!lord!

I could definitely see this as the type of place he would want to go. I don't know much about these types of farms and how out of touch or off the grid they are. The way this case has gone - anything is possible!
I don't see Brian as the type to work on a farm. "work". It's not like filling shelves in an air conditioned supermarket. Just from what we've seen published about him, I don't see any reference to manual labor done by BL.

Last edited:
BBM
He was saying this in relation to Gabby.

Here is AC's twitter link to the interview:
https://twitter.com/AC360/status/1448079789059944451

Dr. Blue: "We believe this was strangling by a human being"

AC: "How do you determine that it's a human being?"

Dr. Blue: "Only humans have opposable thumbs."

Does anyone else think this means they got fingerprints (thumbprints)??

I would NEVER hide my son - I would have him turn himself in alongside a lawyer.
Yes and you would do it for his welfare. I would rather visit my son in prison than visit his grave. And I would want him to face her parents and apologize. I realize how hard that might be and that they most likely would reject the apology, but it’s called doing the right thing.
But we are here today because BL chose the wrong thing all the way around.

Imagine how different it would be if the Laundries came out immediately and said, “We are devastated by the loss of Gabby… and our son. The Petitos and family are forever on our minds. Please leave us in peace.”

Oh nooo!! Look at what their actions were. Lawyer, silence, ignoring the Petitos, the Mustang and “family” camping with BL while Gabby’s body was decomposing outdoors for 3 to 4 weeks! Not to mention the timeline change. No sympathy from me. MOO

I understand the frustration but the frustration concerns a minor part of this situation. It has nothing to do what what happened to Gabby.

It really has to do what what people expect of others during a situation that can't really be imagined. I think it is fair to try and understand someone's actions. When that becomes accusations, much like the protesters, it looks more like an opportunity for self righteousness. That may not be the intent, but that is the optics I see.

My opinion.

Last edited:
Just curious. Does that mean you would not have talked with Gabby’s family initially, when they were trying to find out where she might be? If you knew her van was sitting in your driveway?

They have a right to remain silent but showed absolutely no compassion to Gabby’s family before their son was named a POI. It says a lot about their character, or lack of.

MOO

"adversity introduces a man to himself" - having been on the literal front line. of hurricane sandy I can vouch for that quote.

Point being, God Forbid such a moment ever came, no one here can truthfully say what they would or would not do until the thing actually happens

I saw what I believed to be gabbys body and I said to my husband that looks like her feet are in an awkward position, hearing this information I believe it was the hiking boots. I wasn’t 100% sure if it was her body at the time as people said it wasn’t (black and some orange covering) but with this new info I believe it was MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members