Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. I was watching the feed and I thought so too, but they quickly cut away - the pilot would have seen more.
Yes, I saw the same thing just before the helicopter turned away. I even questioned myself as to what I had seen. That feed was down in seconds as I tried to back it up to assure my old brain but it was gone. So very sad to have been left like garbage.

I want him found.

He mowed it 9/13/21, and now he mows it 10/13/21, despite it being possibly the day when emotions are running the hottest since the day Gabby was found?
Why even go out there?
Is this some weird smoke signal or am I just losing reasonable perspective?

Or maybe he just had it marked on his calendar to mow the lawn once a month?

If your defense attorney told you that the absolute best thing is to keep quiet and LE said not to contact the victim’s family, then what?
I had a minor situation with a child that involved another family and I was told in no uncertain terms by LE that no one in our family was to contact the other. Apparently, it usually does not go well even when it’s an apology being tendered.

He mowed it 9/13/21, and now he mows it 10/13/21, despite it being possibly the day when emotions are running the hottest since the day Gabby was found?
Why even go out there?
He also went out to get gas. I wonder if they are planning on leaving their house for a break and he's preparing for that. MOO/My speculation only.

Link for the gas run:

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1448255317314260992

Another link related to the gas run. He holds the door open for the next patron at the end.

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1448257735561293824

Last edited:
Why even go out there?
Perhaps he wanted to keep himself busy? Perhaps he wants to show people that they have nothing to hide? Perhaps its a requirement of any local HOA (if there is one in the area) or bylaw that they need to cut their lawn once a month? Does it really matter?

IMO, MOO

Brian is the type of person who likes to push the rules and boundaries of others because he believes they don't apply to him. Recklessly speeding during the Moab stop, emotional outbursts at service staff at the restaurant, his behavior towards Gabby leading up to this point. His behavior shows someone who is emotionally stunted and grandiose with his personal opinion of himself.

I'm not surprised they were in a dispersed zone that was not a designated campsite. People like him thrive off of bending the rules. The fact that Gabby's hiking boots were found with her says to me that they were camping there. When I would go camping, you would keep your shoes outside of the tent overnight to air them out or dry them. In a hurry, he may not have thought clearly enough to move them when he was fleeing the scene.
MOO...
BL has no self control. I feel BLs been throwing fits to get his way and/or attention since he was small. Clearly his parents are willing to give up their daughter and grandkids to support BL.

He's spoiled, with no long term goals, content to live with mommy and daddy, drive their Mustang (bet they bought for BL to drive) and work a little at the grocery store.

I think the same. What I don’t understand is why he hung around there for two or so more days. Why hitchhike if he had the van? Why stay in the area at all? It just seems weird to me that he wouldn’t flee immediately.
As others have suggested, I think he was trying, in a clumsy way, to build an alibi. "I wasn't there! I told some people I went camping for several days! Someone else must've killed her!"

JMO

Respectfully disagree. Research shows that it is needed.

From Dr. Richards, who worked at New Scotland Yard (BBM)
"Additionally, non-fatal strangulation will become a crime. Too often I have seen attacks on women who were almost killed categorised as common assault by police. Strangulation is a high risk factor to serious harm and femicide. We know from research that strangulation increases the harm of femicide sevenfold."

Strangulation is considered a crime when the victim died. But if there was no death? Even after repeated attempts at strangling? It's usually considered a much lower offence (assault charges instead of attempted murder), which allow the abuser to continue abusing.

Btw here is Richard's cv:
After a decade of analysing violent crime at New Scotland Yard Laura became the violence adviser to the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC). Trained by world leaders as a criminal behavioural analyst at the Behavioural Analysis Unit, National Centre for the Analysis of Violent Crime at the FBI and New Scotland Yard, Laura has applied her psychology degrees to analyse violent crime from a behavioural and preventative perspective.

This does a good job of describing legislative intent, which I mentioned in an earlier post. Those states which have adopted "choking laws" have done so because they recognize the likelihood of continuing violence, increasing in severity.

The counter-argument to that is "why are domestic violence sufferers more important than, say, the average joe on the street who is strangled by a complete stranger and survives?"

Yes, I saw the same thing just before the helicopter turned away. I even questioned myself as to what I had seen. That feed was down in seconds as I tried to back it up to assure my old brain but it was gone. So very sad to have been left like garbage.

I want him found.
I was watching it but I didn't see it.
I think it's likely that what covered her will contain a lot of evidence.
her shoes were off, she was wearing a sweatshirt. Maybe she was asleep and it happened in the tent? I think the tent is where it happened because I believe cadaver dogs would have alerted if she'd been killed in the van.
At one point I'd considered whether he had come home with her body and somebody else went back to leave it where it was located.
Just do not know how this guy ticks, no idea at all what he's capable of.

It's in this article

When KSL’s Chopper 5 flew over the crime scene that day, a photographer spotted the remains above ground, but covered, possibly by a blanket.

Hiking shoes were on the ground next to the body.

Wyoming coroner: Gabby Petito's cause of death was strangulation
I know people will disagree but I want to see the original video. I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that if a body is covered after the murder, it was personal and there was an intimate relationship between murderer and victim because the murderer can’t look at them.

Without knowing the Petito's personally, I do not view them as expecting or entitled.
Their actions have been restrained and more classy than some, that's for certain !
Imo.
Eta : Their worst fears have been realized.
I think they are allowed to be entitled. That was their daughter that was murdered.

I have to disagree here. We’re responsible for ourselves. If I know that I’m inclined to have fits of rage, I can go to therapy, I can get counseling, I can join a gym to give myself an outlet, or I can learn ways to not put myself in a situation where I could hurt someone. I feel like this minimizes murder. If I feel rage, I cannot go outside and shoot someone because I’m feeling that way. Im sure we all have times we want to act petulant and go act out but we don’t. HE TOOK HER LIFE AWAY. It’s not okay, no matter how he was feeling in the moment.
JMO.
im not saying it’s ok but they do not stop.
They can’t! The anger takes over bad things happen

What about skin and blood under her fingernails?

My bf and I were pondering what would someone who is being strangled do, at first I thought personally I would scratch at the face but no, because actually I’d be shocked and really only have time to hold on to the arms of the person strangling to try and pull them away and really not much else… Maybe just maybe GP managed to hook a nail into his arm and leave a few scratches therefore, his blood under her nails. All my own opinion and thoughts as always

Even if Gabby had Brian's blood under her nails, I truly expect the defense to excuse it away as rough sex or blood play (don't look it up).

I know this is going to be criticized, but I think it’s callous of ChL to do this the morning after the autopsy. Sure, it’s his property and he can mow, but he also knows there’s journalists standing there and he knows Gabby’s cause of death was announced less than 24 hours ago. It seems unnecessary to me. The grass is long, let it go a few more days. This seems like him trying to give people the metaphorical finger and IMO it’s a bad look. Idk if they’re being counseled to go about their routines but there’s bad optics here. And he could certainly take one moment to say “we miss her, it’s horrible” and not take any more questions. I think that would have gone a long way with public perception. This family seems to be a PR nightmare. JMO.

He may not have had a choice. His grass was nearly 1 ft. tall and you can get fined for that if you don't remedy it within 3 days of receiving a letter from the city.

Because the report was later released to CNN through FOIA. The report stated strangulation/throttling. No reason to deny it after it was released.

I am not seeing where this Coroner did anything wrong. And I think it is counter productive to insinuate that he did.
I thought he was supposed to stay neutral, but he has formed his opinion regarding who he thinks killed Gabby. The problem is, when did he form that opinion--before, after, or during the autopsy? I understood him to say that the cause of death was not easy to determine and they spent a good bit of time to fond it to be strangulation. His mindset of DV could possibly be considered a "contaminant", IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734