Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about DNA under the nails, but remember they were engaged - or at least in a relationship - so any attorney for BL is going to explain that away with that and the fact that they were in a Van for months together. (At least that's what I would start to argue.) MOO

I get that because she would have his skin cells everywhere BUT it’s not often you have your partners blood under your nails, it all depends on other things mentioned already (intimate moments) BUT (again) we believe she was dressed, this wasn’t a sex crime IMO so it could maybe stick, if his blood was found obviously.
All MOO.

I do wonder if anyone knows if blood would last under the fingernails after so many weeks.

Even if Gabby had Brian's blood under her nails, I truly expect the defense to excuse it away as rough sex or blood play (don't look it up).

They can try. I doubt it will work with a Wyoming jury though. She is dead - and even if she did die during rough sex, he's still the criminal in this case. Rough sex is not an accident, it's a deliberate act.

I don't think this will ever go to trial, though. If he is alive and if he is found, he'll do a plea bargain. And it's possible he could plead it way down to negligent homicide...

I missed hearing about the hiking boots before. That's really odd.
Seems oddly symbolic. Covering the face and or body of a victim with a blanket is usually associated with someone that 'cares'/can't bear to see the face, etc. And the 'retired' hiking boots next to her seem symbolic of the fallen hiker.

Last edited:
I had never heard of WWOOF until now. IMO I don’t think BL could have made it back out West and blended in doing this.

World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms | WWOOF

Here’s how he explained to the officer at the Moab stop ( from the transcript) :

Brian Laundrie: (20:15)
It’s a worldwide outfit. Three weeks on an organic farm so it’s like a volunteer working type of situation where you can work on organic farms. That’s our goal once we get over to Washington. We’ll do that from Washington, moving down into Oregon and then down into California. We’re trying to go from [inaudible 00:20:15] What part of California did you say?

Gabby Petito & Brian Laundrie Utah Bodycam Footage Transcript Before Disappearance

Remember when the Lawyer SB said that BL flew home to get some things because they were going to extend their trip? Wonder if BL wanted to do this but perhaps GP did not.

I would guess if this organization has a website, they have probably heard that Brian Laundrie is a wanted man!

Not so much thumbprints but perhaps deep bruising from thumbs?

The coroner made a comment when speaking to Anderson Cooper about the strangling being done by a person because we have "opposable thumbs." Just I could be reading too much into that. JMO.

Imagine if the Laundries came out and made the statement that they believe their son had nothing to do with Gabby's death? It wouldn't surprise me if their house got bombed, if the protesters traded in their bullhorn for rifles...who knows what they're capable of if they don't hear what they want to hear?

I think that no matter what they say now, they are d****ed, so might as well follow legal advice and keep silent.

How long were her fingernails at the time of strangulation? Would that be a factor?

I have no idea about hers. I'd have to look at pictures. My nails are short and I'm always cleaning gunk from mine. Not to be gross, lol. I don't even have a dirty job and somehow I'm cleaning them everyday. More stuff gets under them then you'd think apparently. lol

So, does anyone know when the helicopter flew over if there were already people on the ground in the area? I am making the assumption they were. If that is the case, they very easily covered her with a blanket out of respect. Thus, Gabby was not found covered with a blanket. IMO
It was my understanding the helicopter saw something unusual on the ground and reported it to the searchers. The searchers went to the sighting and found her. I thought it was said a few rocks were on her that partially covered her.

He doesn’t have to have a defense or story. His lawyer can bring up other reasonable possibilities. Up to the jury as to whether those possibilities are reasonable. Many a criminal has been acquitted because of reasonable doubt.
What would be a reasonable doubt in the currently indicted case for which a warrant has been issued?

These "protestors" are a bunch of clowns with time to kill. I don't believe for a second that they legitimately care one bit about the Petito family. Likely the most exciting thing that's ever happened to them and they get to be in the news.
Possibly, there will soon be protesters protesting the protesters. Where does it end?

I know people will disagree but I want to see the original video. I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that if a body is covered after the murder, it was personal and there was an intimate relationship between murderer and victim because the murderer can’t look at them.

I hope the media removed that portion of the video, out of respect for GP and her family.

I do remember that day, we were watching live, as the chopper scanned the search teams. We talked about it in the thread. I could see the body before it was shielded by staff. Those on the ground quickly knew the helicopter had discovered the body and the helicopter turned to the side.
Moo

The coroner made a comment when speaking to Anderson Cooper about the strangling being done by a person because we have "opposable thumbs." Just I could be reading too much into that. JMO.
Possibly refers to estimated pounds of pressure applied to effect the injuries it caused? On both sides.
Of her neck.
Her most vulnerable place and the easiest for her attacker.

I hope the media removed that portion of the video, out of respect for GP and her family.

I do remember that day, we were watching live, as the chopper scanned the search teams. We talked about it in the thread. I could see the body before it was shielded by staff. Those on the ground quickly knew the helicopter had discovered the body and the helicopter turned to the side.
Moo
Was she covered at that point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members