Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He might not have said "manual" in the press conference, but the document he signed said manual (see attached). This may have been the document that they received, but Brian Entin tweeted this out yesterday.

Thanks. I still don't see why Blue was so "coy" then about what he could and couldn't say during the press conference he called if that document was already released or already moving towards release. Wouldn't he have known that?
JMO

So are you saying you wouldn’t turn your child in if you knew they murdered someone? What if they ran off and killed someone else after that?

I really don't think it's as black and white as that, IMO.

It's easy for us to judge when we're stood on the periphery looking in. It's easy to cast aspersions in relation to a scenario that none of us will likely (hopefully) ever face in our lifetimes, and it's easy to make assumptions about things we, in reality, know nothing about.

But we do judge. We all do. It's human nature to do so, and it's hard not to in extremely emotive cases such as this one.

Just as an example about it not being black and white: I only have my mum. Literally no one else. So I ask myself what I would do if the situation was reversed and my mum had committed a crime and I knew where she was. Would I turn her in?

There's absolutely no way, because she's all I have.

Is that a selfish decision? Maybe.

Is it simply down to the fact that I would do anything to protect her, and I, rightly or wrongly so, value her life above others? Maybe so.

There are many factors that can influence a decision.

How many times have you heard someone say, "I'd give my life for my child", or, "I'd die for my family"? When you think of those statements which are as 'ultimate' as a statement can be in terms of sacrifice, what the Laundries are doing for Brian might not seem too inhuman after all.

I'm angry at how they're behaving, but that surely makes me a hypocrite when I wouldn't turn my mum in if she was wanted by the police.

JMO

I try to look at this case as simply as I can. Neither BL nor his family are sophisticated criminals. What happened here ,MOO, is a tragic loss of temper and control that resulted in a beautiful, young woman’s death. Yes, I think BL killed her in a rage, in a fight. I don’t believe he planned it, I don’t think did it deliberately in a conscious attempt to kill. But that he did so, makes him dangerous and IMO, he needs to be put away from others in society. Can’t have people around who have demonstrated that they lack such control of their temper that they’ll so harm snd kill others.

I believe he got scared, panicked and just rushed home because he just couldn’t bring himself to turn himself in for this. Had he done so, It’s possible that the social media would have still been after his hide in a rage and mission

I do not believe, MOO, that he told his parents what he did and that they figured that he and Gabby broke up and they were giving him time to talk about it, when the messages from her family hit. No idea what he told them, but they just couldn’t deal with the info and called for professional help. A lawyer they knew.

When things heated up, he ran off. I don’t think his parents know where he is. It has to pain them to file the missing persons report after refusing to talk to LE. But I think they have been following the letter of the law in what they do, though ethically, it’s horrible.

Though I do believe BL went to the Carlton Reserve and left the car there, there are several possibilities as to what he did next:
1) Killed himself in there.
2) Is still hiding in there alive
3) Went elsewhere from there and killed self
4) Went elsewhere and is on the lam
5) Friend picked him up and is hiding him
6) Parents somehow helping him hide elsewhere

I doubt if 6) is happening as it takes a lot to do this without LE catching wind of it. FBI has a lot of resources to investigate any sign of parental involvement. The Laundries did give LE access to their home, computer etc etc when they filed that missing person report

She may have worn the boots to hike and take supplies to set up camp. They crossed a rocky area to the site. Then changed into a more comfortable shoe.

Moo
IMOO... I am having trouble with BL and GP sleeping in a tent on either the night of 8/27 with low temperature of 39, night of 8/28, low temp 33. Anyone else think they were prepared for these temperatures with the proper gear. Sleeping bag, sweatshirts yes but did they have long johns, hats that cover ears etc..? I have skied at 14 below but you have the gear. Were they prepared? Possible theories on how they ended up in this location has been thoroughly discussed but the camping overnight is one I can't seem to accept due to the cold weather at night.

What?? No grass cutting on autopsy update days? Who knew? Obviously not CL.
He didn’t wait a month for Gabby’s sake. He waited a month so as not to have to deal with the media and protestors. Same reason he and RL came out in the darkness of night to collect the laundry baskets and mail and the sign with Gabby’s picture.
I don’t believe they know nothing as they’re claiming. The protestors can go back from whence they came, but I have no sympathy for them given the pressure they’re under by the constant media presence. MOO

A Coroner wouldn’t hold a PC to release autopsy results in Canada either. They’d simply release the report to LE. But in the US Coroners are generally elected officials so it’s a public position, one of may differences in their polictical system. IMO

I didn't even know ME's were elected officials until this case. Where I live they are not elected officials, they are appointed by The County of Freeholders.

Thanks. I still don't see why Blue was so "coy" then about what he could and couldn't say during the press conference he called if that document was already released or already moving towards release. Wouldn't he have known that?
JMO

One would definitely think so.

JMO

he stated that wyoming law only allowed him to speak on certain aspects of the autopsy...imo, once the document which elaborated on cause of death was obtained by media via FOIA, he could address that information as well since it was then publically known...again, moo

I think she was quite dead when he used those cards, but even if she was not, he was not a party to the authorized use of the cards per the contract with the financial institution between the cardholder and the institution. I think a poster familiar with this pointed out that in fact, Gabby would have been in breach of the contract if an issue came up. Since she was deceased and BL used them, he is charged with the Federal crime of unauthorized use of the cards. jmo
I remember that convo, but not who it was. Said that I as a cardholder, cannot legally let someone else use my card unless I have included them in my bank contract. Even then, I'm not sure if someone "on" my card can use it after my death.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Forensic analysis is to figure out if it is strangulation. Science is exact. If you do an experiment and you get a result, it won't change because you felt it would have been something else. As an engineer, I always have bias on how an experiment might work, but the output is an output. It is what science is. I can't "interpret" an output to be something different.

The body might have been tainted by the amount of time outside or by his own biases BUT a broken bone/ligature marks are hard evidence. You can't create a broken bone inside a lab. That's not how it works. They can infact even determine if a wound/fracture is postmortem or before death.

I don't think this is a Bias in the first place. The medical examiner always has an initial info on what the person/ body has went through, like a stab wound or a DV case, car crash etc. I don't know if you have seen Dr. G: Medical examiner show but it details on how an autopsy is done. The doctor always gets some basic info on what the patient has gone through but that doesn't change the procedure or anything.

We have had many cases where we "believe" that it is a murder but an autopsy comes out as undetermined because it is purely on forensic analysis. Their duty is to find the cause of death. For example, did she die only because of strangulation or because of some other event. Did she die on spot or was she left unconscious and she succumbed later due to internal bleeding, etc.

There was a definite signs of strangulation because if you remember, we got the info that this is homicide fairly quickly, which would mean that it was very visible that she was murdered. Even if there aren't obvious signs, it would just mean that they would, open up the neck and look at the bones to make a determination and it is not based on their opinions.

If we want to question biases, we can question everything. Like BL's lawyer is their friend, so he might have as well helped him escape.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed! The idea that this is pressuring them is insane. They aren’t bothered by this at all.
bbm
Agreed.
Even to the point of taking down the poster with Gabby's photo at night.
And weed-eating around the rest of the memorial in the daytime, ignoring people's questions.
But it's time to let them get comfortable and slip up.

This passersby who are protesting is not vigilante actions at all.
They'll soon tire of this and leave.
But that doesn't let people off the hook who might know something.

For levity..he may soon look like the Geico caveman! What the internet thinks Brian Laundrie may look like now
bbm
Thanks for the levity ! :D

I'm guessing if he has his dirty feet -- that he would torment Gabby with, by not washing and walking all over in the van -- up on someone's coffee table and eating snacks ; he might have gained some weight and could look entirely different.
He's probably watching the search efforts for himself with amusement.
At some time the money (or the patience of someone who might be hiding Brian) is going to run out.
Then it's going to get really interesting.
They could raise the reward money ?
MOO.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think this means they got fingerprints (thumbprints)??
I mentioned this in another thread but I believe he's referring to the nature of the injury. Thumbs pressing in the middle of the neck will often break the hyoid bone & the cartilage there, in the middle back of the throat.

I think she was quite dead when he used those cards, but even if she was not, he was not a party to the authorized use of the cards per the contract with the financial institution between the cardholder and the institution. I think a poster familiar with this pointed out that in fact, Gabby would have been in breach of the contract if an issue came up. Since she was deceased and BL used them, he is charged with the Federal crime of unauthorized use of the cards. jmo

You think, yes. And I think too. But that isn’t the issue. If it is possible that she was still alive when he used those cards as he customarily and regularly used those cards in the past, that can be an out.
If I let my son use my credit card and died a day after he used them, no issue
If I let my son use my credit card and died before he used them, there could be an issue.
My cousin found herself in that situation where her aunt died before she used Aunt’s cards —she had POA, but it was still a bit of an issue because POA expired at death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt