Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This does a good job of describing legislative intent, which I mentioned in an earlier post. Those states which have adopted "choking laws" have done so because they recognize the likelihood of continuing violence, increasing in severity.

The counter-argument to that is "why are domestic violence sufferers more important than, say, the average joe on the street who is strangled by a complete stranger and survives?"
I don't believe the issue is that DV victims are more important, I believe they are much more prevalent and include children. In Chicago, there is an entire courthouse focused on domestic violence victims. There are victim advocates available as well as an office on-site for the State Attorney.

HOME

He mowed it 9/13/21, and now he mows it 10/13/21, despite it being possibly the day when emotions are running the hottest since the day Gabby was found?
Perhaps he needed together away from wife. Course he could of gotten a letter from the HOA to mow it.
Why even go out there?
Is this some weird smoke signal or am I just losing reasonable perspective?

He didn’t really give any new info during his interview. He said someone with thumbs strangled her. We all knew that. Manual strangulation means hands were used. This is common sense to make the stretch that the hands had thumbs. We need to stop looking for things to be mad at the coroner over moo.

Dr. Blue said that human's have opposible thumbs that are used for manual strangulations.

I suspect that it may have been obvious, hence the initial determination of 'Homicide'. The coroner mentioned that they did a full body CAT scan. Maybe something showed up on the CAT scan results that indicated that death was strangulation but they also needed the other experts to confirm that determination?
I don't think 14 days for a forensic autopsy is very long, but I do wonder why the body was not released sooner. And also COD. The paperwork released yesterday was dated Oct 5th. May not be anything, but they had to know many people were waiting on the results. I did read that GP's family had been informed before it was made public and I'm glad of that. I'm sure there are valid reasons, just my personal musings.

I remember that convo, but not who it was. Said that I as a cardholder, cannot legally let someone else use my card unless I have included them in my bank contract. Even then, I'm not sure if someone "on" my card can use it after my death.

The Laundrie's attorney confirmed BL's unauthorized use of her card via text message. How professional lol. But he certainly confirmed it was hers' and unauthorized.

https://twitter.com/PeiSzeCheng4NY/status/1447998326067040258

Forensic analysis is to figure out if it is strangulation. Science is exact. If you do an experiment and you get a result, it won't change because you felt it would have been something else. As an engineer, I always have bias on how an experiment might work, but the output is an output. It is what science is. I can't "interpret" an output to be something different.

The body might have been tainted by the amount of time outside or by his own biases BUT a broken bone/ligature marks are hard evidence. You can't create a broken bone inside a lab. That's not how it works. They can infact even determine if a wound/fracture is postmortem or before death.

I don't think this is a Bias in the first place. The medical examiner always has an initial info on what the person/ body has went through, like a stab wound or a DV case, car crash etc. I don't know if you have seen Dr. G: Medical examiner show but it details on how an autopsy is done. The doctor always gets some basic info on what the patient has gone through but that doesn't change the procedure or anything.

We have had many cases where we "believe" that it is a murder but an autopsy comes out as undetermined because it is purely on forensic analysis. Their duty is to find the cause of death. For example, did she die only because of strangulation or because of some other event. Did she die on spot or was she left unconscious and she succumbed later due to internal bleeding, etc.

There was a definite signs of strangulation because if you remember, we got the info that this is homicide fairly quickly, which would mean that it was very visible that she was murdered. Even if there aren't obvious signs, it would just mean that they would, open up the neck and look at the bones to make a determination and it is not based on their opinions.

If we want to question biases, we can question everything. Like BL's lawyer is their friend, so he might have as well helped him escape.
Science may be exact... but, scientific experiments/activities are carried out by human beings. Human beings are not infallible.

I can’t find it now. I wonder why lol. I’ve only been thru hundreds and hundred of sites for this case. I read she wanted to end her trip in California where she was to visit her step grandfather. I think after that Moab blowout, she became seriously afraid and reconsidered her plans. Not theirs. I think her imagined future with him was not going to turn out to be the fairy tale she thought. Re-evaluate. Time to pivot. She might have even wanted to go back home to people who really care and who don’t threaten to abandon her in nowhere land. I would want to surround myself with the warm blanket of family, maybe her goal to reach California wasn’t a goal for Brian. What was the goal for Brian?
ITA
Here’s a clip of a very close family friend. She was GP’s grandmother’s ( who passed in 2010) best friend and sounds like she became kind of a surrogate Grandma to Gabby and her siblings. Gabby planned to come see her in Portland Oregon on this trip.
Argh. So sad. Just want to hug her.

Forensic analysis is to figure out if it is strangulation. Science is exact. If you do an experiment and you get a result, it won't change because you felt it would have been something else. As an engineer, I always have bias on how an experiment might work, but the output is an output. It is what science is. I can't "interpret" an output to be something different.

The body might have been tainted by the amount of time outside or by his own biases BUT a broken bone/ligature marks are hard evidence. You can't create a broken bone inside a lab. That's not how it works. They can infact even determine if a wound/fracture is postmortem or before death.

I don't think this is a Bias in the first place. The medical examiner always has an initial info on what the person/ body has went through, like a stab wound or a DV case, car crash etc. I don't know if you have seen Dr. G: Medical examiner show but it details on how an autopsy is done. The doctor always gets some basic info on what the patient has gone through but that doesn't change the procedure or anything.

We have had many cases where we "believe" that it is a murder but an autopsy comes out as undetermined because it is purely on forensic analysis. Their duty is to find the cause of death. For example, did she die only because of strangulation or because of some other event. Did she die on spot or was she left unconscious and she succumbed later due to internal bleeding, etc.

There was a definite signs of strangulation because if you remember, we got the info that this is homicide fairly quickly, which would mean that it was very visible that she was murdered. Even if there aren't obvious signs, it would just mean that they would, open up the neck and look at the bones to make a determination and it is not based on their opinions.

If we want to question biases, we can question everything. Like BL's lawyer is their friend, so he might have as well helped him escape.
That all sounds good, until you realize that a lot of science is based on interpretation, and then it's no longer exact.

I remember that convo, but not who it was. Said that I as a cardholder, cannot legally let someone else use my card unless I have included them in my bank contract. Even then, I'm not sure if someone "on" my card can use it after my death.

A lot of people let others use their card. I’ve done it at times. Just did this week. But when card owner dies, it becomes a whole other story. I’ve seen this happen several times.

Probably depends upon the contract . I think the poster was SuziQ?? but I'm really not sure. Was quite a while ago. jmo

I thought he was supposed to stay neutral, but he has formed his opinion regarding who he thinks killed Gabby. The problem is, when did he form that opinion--before, after, or during the autopsy? I understood him to say that the cause of death was not easy to determine and they spent a good bit of time to fond it to be strangulation. His mindset of DV could possibly be considered a "contaminant", IMO.

His opinion is an expert opinion and if there is a trial, the coroner will be called to testify. At that time, he can further expand on his opinion of domestic violence. jmo

Rhetorical ?-how much empathy would it take to have him put it off a day or two??? He already waited a month.

That is a fair point, but if I'm honest I think they are literally going through the motions right now.

I think they're taking the, "If I don't look at the car, it won't hit me" approach when crossing the road.

They're thinking if they just carry on, act normal, then this nightmare isn't really happening and it's all a bad dream.

Maybe they're clinging to the last bit of "normal" they have left.

I'm not saying what they're doing is right. I'm trying to understand why.

Either way they've lost their son. If he's not dead already then there's a chance he'll be put to death or incarcerated for life if he's captured.

I think the Laundries have completely shut down and the menial tasks like mowing the lawn may be all that's holding them together right now.

It's a matter of time before they crack.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member