Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #63

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of 'certain' statements here about what any of us would do if our child got themselves into a lot of serious trouble, but I hope none of us ever needs to find out if that is what we actually do.

If a child said "I am leaving, I did something really wrong, please don't try to follow me" and they said that on about the 11th/12th/13th September, I think it is possible that some parents would just bide their time for a few days and anguish about what to do - before taking the action of reporting their child as missing.

I agree that no one knows exactly how they would handle that situation until they are in it. That being said, I've always taught my children not to ever run from a problem. Face it and take whatever measures need to be taken and I will be there and we will face it together. To have a grown son out there running from a homicide where anyone could find him and hurt or kill him could not possibly be a better solution than sticking around and going through the legal process. The Anthony case shows that if you never admit to anything and make yourself available to LE throughout the process, you could walk away. IMO.

there is a difference between being "spoiled" or dependent and actually killing another person, IMO. some line got crossed and obliterated.

I agree, most people who are spoiled or dependent, or have unhealthy attachment styles in general will not become murderers. Perhaps many of them will have difficult relationships, a difficult time being a well adjusted member of society, or struggle with personality dysfunction. This is a cocktail of something else.

IMO, he was already predisposed personality wise for this to be a possibility. His upbringing and conditioning made it possible to take it further than many people would, becoming a toxic and abusive boyfriend who is mysogynistic and escalating to a full scale murderer.

MOO

@RickshawFan
image of tent - I think the base is a mid grey colour. I cannot see a groundsheet used in any of the pictures I have googled.

GP-tent-7cae.png

I wonder if anyone can advise on a question I've had circling in my head..

Will the fact that GB and BL were a couple - and traveling together in a confined space - have any bearing on the validity of DNA evidence (as far as it being incriminating)?

For example, would a Defence Attorney just say,

"Well, of course Brian's DNA was on her body/clothing etc - they were boyfriend and girlfriend!"

Is it going to be difficult for the prosecution to prove that evidence of DNA is over and above any that would be found 'natually' due to the fact they were a couple? How would they differentiate?

^^ This is assuming BL is captured and it goes to trial

MOO

That is fascinating, I had been wondering (being from the north) why their pool was in a greenhouse?! But that explains it: gators. I cannot imagine walking outside to go for a swim & gator's in there waiting with his jaw on the edge

They gators ring the camera door bells too. I wonder if the doorbells give off a scent. My niece tells some tales about gators and moved back north to another state! Many people in the south have screened in porches but those gators still can get inside.

Re-watching the Anderson Cooper interview with Dr. Blue and the topic of the last text Gabby's mom got from Gabby's phone said no service in Yosemite, and Dr. Blue corrected AC and said No it was 'Yellowstone' not 'Yosemite' to which AC corrects himself and says 'yes, Yosemite' which baffles me completely.

The past month we have all gone by Gabby's mom saying Yosemite as opposed to Yellowstone. Now I'm wondering who got it wrong???
I was wondering about that, as well. That's a startling revelation. In my research, I did find that there seems to be a Yosemite Peak and trail in the Jenny Lake area, which I thought might have something to do with that text, but now that seems irrelevant.

I agree that no one knows exactly how they would handle that situation until they are in it. That being said, I've always taught my children not to ever run from a problem. Face it and take whatever measures need to be taken and I will be there and we will face it together. To have a grown son out there running from a homicide where anyone could find him and hurt or kill him could not possibly be a better solution than sticking around and going through the legal process. The Anthony case shows that if you never admit to anything and make yourself available to LE throughout the process, you could walk away. IMO.

Yes, that would certainly be part of the parental anguish ... that your own child might be harmed by a vigilante, might kill themselves, might be on the run forever, you might never see your child again.

We can Monday morning quarterback forever, but unless we walk a mile in their shoes we will never know how it feels or what we would definitely do (as the proof is in the pudding). imo

That is fascinating, I had been wondering (being from the north) why their pool was in a greenhouse?! But that explains it: gators. I cannot imagine walking outside to go for a swim & gator's in there waiting with his jaw on the edge

In some places Gators. I lived in Clearwater for a little in the city. Everyone there had them as well for those pesky mosquitos !

I don't know. But Dr. Blue said the signs of strangulation were not easily observable, which leaves it open for the possibility that someone may have interpreted a small detail to indicate strangulation--an interpretation, vs. a clear piece of evidence. I don't know, it's just a feeling I had that this was an educated guess, not a revelation. That's why the reference to DV bothers me.
No matter if signs of strangulation are not always easy to determine, Gabby's death was ruled a homicide very quickly after her body was found. So IMO, there must be a lot more that we don't know yet. And Dr Blue was speaking generally at that time.

I don't think HOAs have that power on public right of ways, but maybe you are right. Probably gated communities keep protestors out, though. If there are no public right of ways inside the gates. IMO

You know what, now that I think about it, I bet your right. My daughter has an HOA, they had homeless people living in the parking area, it took many complaints before the HOA could get them removed.

Speculative wondering: Was the now alleged "missing firearm" with Petito/Laundrie during their travels? There's been speculation that the murder - if carried out by Laundrie - may have been the result of Petito's relationship "breakup" with Laundrie. Possibly, one party (call that person "A") leaves - y'know walks away from - the other (person "B") to symbolically signal the end of a relationship. Person "B" goes after person "A" to reconcile and/or argue... possibly even gets a bit testy. Person "A" gets scared/concerned, and draws the firearm. And then,,, well... who knows.

I thought the photo of the firearm in a bedroom was from one of the L’s rental homes or a home they had on the market. Not the home they live in. It was discussed several threads ago.

jmo

I'm gasping. I just saw the video posted by @imstilla.grandma in which I was not expecting to see Gabby's body. After thousands of posts, those few seconds have deeply affected me. That poor baby girl. Lying there so helplessly for weeks. The blanket, so reminiscent of all the times we've tucked in our children and grandchildren.

Now that I've unexpectedly seen her remains, I would like to add to @TheGardener and @GDawg89 posts of what I want to see happen:

5. Firing squad
6.guillotine
7.lethal injection without the tranquilizer
8. Draw and quarter
Those were my feeling too. Lying there. So open. On the ground. Just…so exposed. I expected them to find her hidden amongst vegetation. Was she left lying in the very spot he killed her? Did he move her there to make sure she’d be found? Was that a movement trigger he expected at some point? He didn’t want to wait forever for her to be found. Decision day? Did he strategically plan for a day like this? Is he keeping an eye on his parents? He had to know it was gonna happen one day. September 19th…

I wonder if anyone can advise on a question I've had circling in my head..

Will the fact that GB and BL were a couple - and traveling together in a confined space - have any bearing on the validity of DNA evidence (as far as it being incriminating)?

For example, would a Defence Attorney just say,

"Well, of course Brian's DNA was on her body/clothing etc - they were boyfriend and girlfriend!"

Is it going to be difficult for the prosecution to prove that evidence of DNA is over and above any that would be found 'natually' due to the fact they were a couple? How would they differentiate?

^^ This is assuming BL is captured and it goes to trial

MOO

By the layers of skin found under fingernails. e.g. how deep did her fingernails dig in defense.

10ofRods, post: 17189517, member: 247143"]Just for context, the entire population of Wyoming is about half of the county where I live: 578,756 people in Wyoming. And that's in ~98,900 square miles - almost twice the size of England and over 3X the size of Scotland, for comparison.

Teton County has about 23,300 people in 4,216 square miles - so relatively populated and entirely due to the NP tourism infrastructure. Jackson has a population of 10,500 - so half of the people in the county

I am only posting this for clarification.
Wyoming population in 2021 is expected to be 590,013 inhabitants, its holds on 50th rank in the US. its area is 97,914 square miles(253,600 sq km)

Jackson, Wyoming Population 2021
Year Population Growth Rate
2021 36,978 1.86%
I am not posting to argue but the get the accurate information posted. I only live a couple hours away so I was interested in the numbers you posted and looked them up. I always appreciate your posts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member