Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. There’s nothing sharp enough on a phone/phone case to leave scratches. JMO
It really makes more sense in retrospect that he grabbed her face as she demonstrated, & she scratched him in defence. Both because her phone couldn’t cut him & because it echoes what appears to have happened here. :(

I think it’s been mentioned before in this case, but stats say that women who are ever grabbed bu their throat by their partners, this increases their risk of murder by 750%.

That’s a good question. I saw a pathologist tonight saying that if you strangle someone in their sleep, they immediately wake up & start fighting. But I think it’s a possibility she could have been knocked unconscious just before.

RIP sweet Gabby. I hope he’s caught tomorrow.

IMO B could have go on top on Gabby with his legs on her arms so she couldn't move. I have followed several cases recently where this is what the partner of the victim did - no need to render her unconscious first.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I get such a nauseating feeling when I see the image of Gabby at (what I am assuming to be) her worst moment. (The Moab stop) She's hurting and distraught. I hate that it's the last image her family sees of her.
I agree. That photo is heartbreaking. I can hardly look at it. So much emotion. Pain, anxiety. Very raw.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I get such a nauseating feeling when I see the image of Gabby at (what I am assuming to be) her worst moment. (The Moab stop) She's hurting and distraught. I hate that it's the last image her family sees of her.

Yeah - I haven't been able to watch the entire bodycam footage, either. It hurts my heart, esp when I think of her parents watching it.

I felt so sad when I heard the COD and have been thinking about Gabby’s family ever since.

Knowing their precious daughter’s last days were filled with unhappiness and the terror she would have endured in the last moments of her life is beyond my comprehension

These grief-stricken families are going to need all the love and support they can get as they face an uncertain future – is he dead, is he alive, will he be found. One thing’s for sure, they won’t have a moment’s peace until he’s apprehended and held to account for his unspeakable cruelty to someone he allegedly loved.

IMO B could have go on top on Gabby with his legs on her arms so she couldn't move. I have followed several cases recently where this is what the partner of the victim did - no need to render her unconscious first.
Yes that’s a definite possibility too, I have heard of that too. Adds to the formulation of intent/premeditation, to my mind. JMO

Can anyone post the map picture of the location where her body was found? Apologize if this has been posted recently. It’s a lot to go through on the no discussion page to find. TIA!

It looks like a passport is generally required for a trip to the Bahamas. I know I used one when I went.

Editing to add: the problem I have with his leaving the country is the passport/creating a new identity issue. I don't know if he could have done that on his own (create a new identity). I think that costs a lot of money and insider connections (ETA - at least it does on TV - lol).

If he went to the Bahamas, IMO it would have been after the camping trip with his parents on 7th or 8th September. He could have used his own identity then. Perhaps LE have not checked this idea yet. He could have then applied for a false identity once he got out of the US.

I don't know. It seems they are in a "da**ed if they do, da**md if they don't" situation (note: I am not defending them). It has been documented that BL last spoke to SB on September 14 and his parents last saw him on September 13. I'm just thinking of a scenario wherein they would argue extensively and the parents saying "you got yourself into this, you can get yourself out." The only issue with that would be him taking his mom's Mustang to Carlton Reserve. OTOH, he apparently had no qualms about taking Gabby's van back to Florida.

MOO/JMO
I completely agree that they are da**ed if they do da**ed if they don’t. However, I’d add to the end of that statement “…at this point.” Meaning, they have created that situation they’re in. JMO. If they would have handled this right earlier in this case, they probably wouldn’t be in that situation. Your point is well taken. I def agree.
TL;DR I think they’ve brought that upon themselves. JMO

I just checked the website for the ferry to the Bahamas. Proof of vaccination is required; however, depending on if and when he was onboard, it might not have been noticed (his name/notoriety).

Fort Lauderdale to Bahamas ferry 2.5 hours

I would imagine if it was busy there would be even less chance of recognition, wonder how familiar the Laundries are with the Bahamas?

Wouldn't there be records of his proof of vaccination or Covid test and a passenger list?

I must say catching a ferry to the Bahamas would be a simple solution if B could get away with it and his parents had given him enough cash to live on.

I believe in way earlier posts it was mentioned quite a few times that he was vaccinated. Would be curious to know if it’s true he’s vaccinated, if his card is or is not with his things at the Laundrie home. That could answer a lot of questions. In Louisiana we have the LA Wallet app, and it can hold our license and proof of vaccination all in the app. It’s automatically sent to the app when you’re vaccinated. In other states I assume people can take pictures of their cards? IMO he does not have a phone to show proof with a picture. So that leaves his card for proof. Whether it was on him or not is up in the air I guess. JMO

Strangulation victims often have skin under their nails. There's really no great innocent explanation if they did find skin under her nails. And epidermis can last for a long time, as do nails. My hope is that they were able to get some skin and that they will be able to run DNA on that.

OMG, I am slow. After I typed that, I just realized something: Maybe the scratches he had at the scene during the Moab stop were from an actual strangulation that was not seen in public, and he lied about the source of the scratches. His explanation that she somehow scratched him when she hit him with her phone has never made any sense to me.
I forgot about those scratches that he explained away at the Moab stop!

In that case, perhaps B really last spoke to SB on September 13?
SB said they last spoke on 9/13. I think I have the screenshot from Jossie Carbonare's page, but my phones in the middle of an update and acting crazy. Give me just a second to track it down.

I believe in way earlier posts it was mentioned quite a few times that he was vaccinated. Would be curious to know if it’s true he’s vaccinated, if his card is or is not with his things at the Laundrie home. That could answer a lot of questions. In Louisiana we have the LA Wallet app, and it can hold our license and proof of vaccination all in the app. It’s automatically sent to the app when you’re vaccinated. In other states I assume people can take pictures of their cards? IMO he does not have a phone to show proof with a picture. So that leaves his card for proof. Whether it was on him or not is up in the air I guess. JMO

IMO B would have to have a phone. He probably bought another new burner one somewhere else. Otherwise, how could he keep in touch with his lawyer and get information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay