Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Blue was not the only examiner. There were many. The body shows the story. ID special report. Call in reports!
Yes, I just watched a very informative interview about this! An outside pathologist conducted the autopsy (not Dr. Blue), & a forensic anthropologist was there to help determine the COD, & forensic entomologist was there to help determine the time of death. JMO

If anyone would like to watch, the TV show is on again at 12:00 am

ID has announced a special airing Wednesday night covering the ongoing Gabby Petito case.

Called “Gabby Petito: ID Special Report,” it will air at 9 p.m. Oct. 13 on ID and analyze the tragic death of Petito, 22, who was found dead in a Wyoming campground on Sept. 19 after weeks of media coverage and widespread attention from internet sleuths.

In a press release, Jason Sarlanis, ID’s president of crime and investigative content, said the special “will give viewers an in-depth look at the story BEHIND the headlines with exclusive commentary and analysis that only ID’s all-star roster of experts can bring.”

Gabby Petito special with John Walsh aims to 'help find Brian Laundrie'

"Gabby Petito: ID Special Report" premieres on@DiscoveryID

Join me and other experts at 9/8c to discuss the case and where it stands now!
Join the conversation tonight with #IDSpecialReport to follow along. #TeamInPursuit

https://twitter.com/john_walsh/status/1448425771912007684

I feel like the purpose of all this attention to the case is obviously around DV. I equally don't see the benefit of simply demonising BL because in reality it wasn't obvious to Gabby's family or even Brian's family. The message to the young girls who are tolerating the behaviours needs to be about awareness of what DV might look like in its early stages. I would say that Gabby was trapped by her own misunderstanding of what she was in. She was in love and had big dreams - she didn't want to lose that. Also, Brian may have been totally ill-equipped at navigating his emotions, perhaps not even aware himself of where things were heading. It's not just about telling men not to be controlling because they may not even realise that they are.
Educate the girls to see the signs and have the courage and support to walk away before it's too late. We have to show women that they can take control of the situation and not allow themselves to continue on in relationships passively. I'd hazard a guess that Gabby was in the process of taking those steps when this happened, but sadly it was too late for her. I'm sure her message to women in DV relationships would be, "run for the hills," if you still can.

Last edited by a moderator:
There exists another explanation.
He had no injuries.
JMO
Yes, of course. My comment specifically opens with the statement that I'm responding to an *assumption* that he had injuries, for that very reason. I can think of some scenarios where he might not have had injuries. He could have rendered her unconscious first, as an example. Another poster mentioned he could have attacked her from behind. JMO.

I have a legal question for anyone who might know! If someone is wanted for murder & their lawyer knows where they are, do they have to get them to surrender/turn themselves in? I understand BL is a fugitive at the moment, but it's for a lesser charge, & apparently the lawyer doesn't have to tell where he is. Does that remain the same with murder? Is it part of privilege? TIA!

IANAL but the way I have seen it explained is that no the lawyer does not have to reveal the client's whereabouts, but they cannot lie. So if asked directly they could say "that is privileged" and not say anything further, but could not say "he's in the swamp!" if he is not.

Edit - I don't think the seriousness of the charge matters.

MOO

IANAL but the way I have seen it explained is that no the lawyer does not have to reveal the client's whereabouts, but they cannot lie. So if asked directly they could say "that is privileged" and not say anything further, but could not say "he's in the swamp!" if he is not.

Edit - I don't think the seriousness of the charge matters.

MOO
Thank you!

New tips from “Gabby Petito: ID Special Report”- massive tips still coming in to John Walsh. All tips passed on to FBI & they are investigating everything. Quite a few say BL took a ferry from Ft. Lauderdale to Freeport, Bahamas. Others refer to a crossing point in Mexico. Some on AT.

CALL 1-888-8-PURSUE TO REPORT INFO REGARDING BRIAN LAUNDRIE.

I’m interested to see where C&R vacation in the next 2-5 yrs…
My bet remains NY - the familiar

JMO

New tips from “Gabby Petito: ID Special Report”- massive tips still coming in to John Walsh. All tips passed on to FBI & they are investigating everything. Quite a few say BL took a ferry from Ft. Lauderdale to Freeport, Bahamas. Others refer to a crossing point in Mexico. Some on AT.

When did this ferry sail off, 1st week of Septemberish?

I thought Dr. Blue said she wasn't covered when they found her?

I heard somewhere today, either on here or on the Anderson Cooper interview ?, that there should be DNA specifically at the strangulation site that wouldn't be there if his hands hadn't been on her neck.

Hopefully the DNA hasn’t degraded and is still viable from her being out in the elements for so long.

would like to know where they have gone the last 10 yrs as well

My mind has gone there, too, with the way they've been acting:
- The attorney was the one to report BL missing, not his parents.
- We have very sparse details available about his disappearance (what time he left, what clothes he was wearing, etc)
- They initially gave the wrong date for when he'd supposedly left their home.
- They removed the Mustang--presumably BL's means of transportation--from the preserve
- They had to be asked to join the search for their son.
- There were two 9-1-1 calls to their house on the 10th (Who placed the calls, and why? [speculation: could this be when they found out the truth, sparking a confrontation?])
- Their demeanor toward their daughter has changed markedly between the camping trip at Fort De Soto and now, when they won't even speak to her
- BL has still not been found, nor was there any sign of him having been camped out at the preserve

Obviously, there could be other possible explanations for these things, but the longer he remains missing, the less likely I think it is that he's alive.

One thought that's occurred to me for the first time today - what if they banished him from their household. Told him he had ruined everyone's lives and told him to get out. Just a wild thought that is, of course, MOO and highly speculative.

But if they find a mix of their DNA embedded in her neck from her clawing her own neck and trying to pry his hands that could be telling.
Strangulation victims often have skin under their nails. There's really no great innocent explanation if they did find skin under her nails. And epidermis can last for a long time, as do nails. My hope is that they were able to get some skin and that they will be able to run DNA on that.

OMG, I am slow. After I typed that, I just realized something: Maybe the scratches he had at the scene during the Moab stop were from an actual strangulation that was not seen in public, and he lied about the source of the scratches. His explanation that she somehow scratched him when she hit him with her phone has never made any sense to me.

Interesting. So BE just said on Newsnation that the FBI asked the coroner to hold off on public release until yesterday even though report done Oct 5
I'm wondering if it's because they wanted to include CL in the Carlton Reserve search before the results were released.

Steinbeck's novella OF MICE AND MEN is still taught in many American high schools. George shoots his friend Lennie dead after accidentally killing a woman. It's a mercy killing in a work of fiction.

In this terrible non-fiction murder case, with so much bewildering behavior, nothing would surprise me.

Federal case. US attorneys will be involved. If she was murdered in Utah it will be state was she moved? From Utah to WY. Innocent til proven guilty. Feds are charging on bank fraud. Can’t get into the head of CL wanting to go to swamp. WHY? That’s what people are looking at. Attention and focus for all missing . People magazine liked Gabbys dad saying looking for all missing people. Alert news need to cover every race. ID special report
She was seen alive in Wyoming.

I'm wondering if it's because they wanted to include CL in the Carlton Reserve search before the results were released.
I didn't hear that part, but that makes me think maybe they're closer to finding him than we know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict