Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said this before… I believe that virtually every substantive person in this matter seems to have had some degree of poor judgement. Some may still be exhibiting poor judgement.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for no link>

i believe what you are referring to was an update by KSL TV where they explained about not showing the public the portion of the helicopter video where the body was visible, but they had a former SLC prosecutor view it and comment...the hiking boots were seen by the photographer...

Wyoming coroner: Gabby Petito's cause of death was strangulation

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is BL? No one knows but vegelantes so he should give in and be safe . So many out looking for him. If you see him CALL LE immediately. What was he doing? What is he wearing and look like. Do not try to get him. Have no idea what BL will do. John Walsh thinks his dad may of driven him somewhere. Maybe Mexico or Caribbean father and son completely cleaned the van! Hot line tips are coming in. FBI have them and locals and US MARSHALLS following up ID special report

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

Still shots are post #175 posted by @ctmom

Last edited by a moderator:
New tips from “Gabby Petito: ID Special Report”- massive tips still coming in to John Walsh. All tips passed on to FBI & they are investigating everything. Quite a few say BL took a ferry from Ft. Lauderdale to Freeport, Bahamas. Others refer to a crossing point in Mexico. Some on AT.

CALL 1-888-8-PURSUE TO REPORT INFO REGARDING BRIAN LAUNDRIE.

I’m interested to see where C&R vacation in the next 2-5 yrs…

Since BL and his parents gathered the grandchildren from school on the same day that he arrived home and took them to his sister's house to surprise her ~ It seems she would have noticed if he had any injuries. Seems like that should have raised some suspicions and questions from her and the entire family. "What happened to you, Brian?"
1. Gabby didn't fight and he had no injuries?
2. Gabby fought but the injuries were already healed?
3. Gabby fought for her life and left obvious injuries but no one asked him about them?
4. Or, "What happened to you, Brian?" and the family either believed a tall tale or helped him make a plan?

I was thinking yesterday that if there were and injuries to BL, his mother probably would have seen them. Did the neighbors who saw him mowing the lawn or bike riding see him in a tee shirt or something with long sleeves?

Last edited:
I have a legal question for anyone who might know! If someone is wanted for murder & their lawyer knows where they are, do they have to get them to surrender/turn themselves in? I understand BL is a fugitive at the moment, but it's for a lesser charge, & apparently the lawyer doesn't have to tell where he is. Does that remain the same with murder? Is it part of privilege? TIA!

Men are very good actors and them falling for you is intoxicating...then they inexplicably flip. Happened to me several times, now I'm old and jaded. Makes me mad when people say women choose bad men...I say these men are very good actors, they manipulate loving women to get what they want (yes women do it to but in this case the manipulator is a man.)

So true, men with narcissistic tendencies are very good at appearing to be the ideal partner at first, but it's not sustainable long term. They know what to do, how to court you and the right things to say to get you to trust them and love them. If you are impressionable, naive or have low self-esteem even better. That will protect their power when the charade fades and it will keep you attached to them, allowing you to ignore your intuition as they slowly degrade your self worth and ability to trust yourself. Imo, speaking from first hand experience.

it's actually the indictment which gives the time frame, and it's worded as "from on or about august 30, 2021, through and including on or about september 1, 2021"...so the wording provides leeway, imo
Oh okay I was using the wording from the post on the timeline thread. Yeah someone said they were sure it was the 29th bc he was seen getting gas somewhere but I would have figured that would have been included in the indictment if that were the case. I was just crunching some numbers so I was trying to clarify that time frame. Thank you!

He may have been SEEN buying gas, but paid in cash. If so, he wasn't using her card so warrant wouldn't mention that. jmo
Good point. I was also thinking just because he was seen buying gas doesn’t mean that he headed straight to Florida from there. JMO. But you do have a good point about paying in cash.

I'm not sure why but I clearly see a man wearing black bending over her in that video. That is the same video that is still up on Youtube from Channel5 and they (reportedly) removed the part of the video where she can be seen in the open, they edited it out, so that is not actually a tarp covering her body, that is a person bending over her body and looking at what they found, or at least that is what I see.
The feet in the video belong to the man bending over her. You can see his arm on the left side of his body. So I don't believe that is a tarp at all. At least that is what I see. There is another even more clear video of the same scene on YT and it contains the same edits.
Now that people have talked about the their tent being orange, that might be part of the orange in the video. Or maybe they had an orange sleeping pad?

Just my own observations.
There are seven people standing at the subject location having a conversation. Their mannerisms are not what I would expect to see if they are standing right over the remains.

The attached KSL TV video from 9/19 may have some additional imagery of the scene.
Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito

New tips from “Gabby Petito: ID Special Report”- massive tips still coming in to John Walsh. All tips passed on to FBI & they are investigating everything. Quite a few say BL took a ferry from Ft. Lauderdale to Freeport, Bahamas. Others refer to a crossing point in Mexico. Some on AT.

CALL 1-888-8-PURSUE TO REPORT INFO REGARDING BRIAN LAUNDRIE.

I’m interested to see where C&R vacation in the next 2-5 yrs…

It only takes 2.5 hours to get from Fort Lauderdale to Freeport, Bahamas by ferry. I never knew this was an option.

Interesting.

"Freeport to Fort Lauderdale ferry tickets, compare times and prices" Freeport to Fort Lauderdale ferry tickets, compare times and prices

Edit to add: Assuming he had injuries~
It depends where his injuries were (chest? arms? upper or lower arms?), or if they appeared explainable (we were hiking through shrubs), or if he told his family we broke up because she attacked me, or if he was wearing sleeves when he saw his sister. Too many unknowns JMO!
There exists another explanation.
He had no injuries.
JMO

Nothing new yet on “Gabby Petito: ID Special Report”. But they do seem to be honoring her in 2 ways. 1) Before every cut to commercial, they are featuring 9-12 missing persons- exposure as GB’s parents wished. 2) Experts are discussing the difficulty for young adults to recognize, with less life experience, abuse in a relationship. Educational resources were posted, including #thatsnotlove.

that’s good to hear. ID in Canada isn’t airing it for some reason even though I saw commercials for it the other day.

Unrelated to this side note, but I’ve been thinking a lot about how BL acted post homicide. I cannot understand how he could mentally could just go for a hike up the river or whatever he was doing for three full days as if nothing happened. He basically went for a hiking and camping trip while his fiancé just lay there deceased at likely his hands. It’s been mentioned maybe he was thinking this would be a ploy to create an alibi, but I just don’t get it. It’s almost like he figured he was in this beautiful park and he might as well enjoy it no matter what had just happened. Its just another disturbing aspect of this.

We’ve also seen those photos from his own family camping trip upon returning to Florida smiling and hanging out with his nephews. It’s shocking to me how he could just go about his days. I hope he is found soon and face justice asap.

Yes, I agree that apparently no one, including GP, saw the danger signs in BL's treatment of her. Even her friend, Rose, whom GP confided in and stayed with during their arguments and BL's episodes of "hearing voices," seemed to be expressing the idea that he was just a jealous, insecure jerk, a bit weird, and maybe not worthy of GP. BL's parents and sister, with whom GP and BL lived, must have been aware of their relationship dynamic. Yet, everybody apparently missed the danger signs. Most importantly, GP did! I've read quotes from various people who knew them stating that it was obvious that BL and GP loved each other. Somehow, "love" seems to blur our vision to the danger signs, or convince us that if someone loves a person he can't be a serious threat to her. DV and partner abuse, as so many of us know now from first-hand experience, is insidious and so often goes unnoticed or misunderstood until it is too late. That's why this case, with all of its photos, SM and video, can become so useful as a teaching tool. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss