Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since BL and his parents gathered the grandchildren from school on the same day that he arrived home and took them to his sister's house to surprise her ~ It seems she would have noticed if he had any injuries. Seems like that should have raised some suspicions and questions from her and the entire family. "What happened to you, Brian?"
1. Gabby didn't fight and he had no injuries?
2. Gabby fought but the injuries were already healed?
3. Gabby fought for her life and left obvious injuries but no one asked him about them?
4. Or, "What happened to you, Brian?" and the family either believed a tall tale or helped him make a plan?
Or… maybe it wasn’t him?

So it was posted weeks ago and it wasn’t noticed by the 3 other posters before today who commented on it?
No I posted it today, I had the screenshot from weeks ago just didn’t share it back then because we didn’t have the news about the hiking boots and everyone said it wasn’t her. Just an odd coincidence when I saw it weeks ago that I said her feet look awkward, so today I thought it might have been the boots instead. IMO

I know this has been discussed, but someone on here really confused me on this yesterday - threw me for a loop haha & I’ve been thinking about it all day haha! So I wanted to clarify to make sure I understand. Someone really confused me on the timeline regarding when Brian headed back to Florida. I’m quoting from the timeline we have on this thread.

AUG 29- BL is picked up at 5:30pm while hiking alone in Grand Teton (tiktok reported in MSM) offers to pay for a rid

AUG 29- Second person claims to have picked up BL hitchhiking and dropped him at 6:30pm

AUG 30- BL accused of unauthorized use - Warrant:The warrant alleges that BL committed debit card fraud between Aug. 30, 2021, and Sept. 1, 2021.

So when do we think BL actually left & headed back to Florida? Someone mentioned him being seen at a gas station getting gas on the 29th or something, but I don’t see that on the timeline thread. Was that confirmed? If so, would that date not be included in the warrant if Gabby was already deceased? I was under the impression that the warrant included August 30 - September 1 because that’s when he started using the debit card heading back to Florida which also could imply that they might believe that Gabby was murdered on the 29th if the use was unauthorized starting on the 30th. Someone help me out bc it’s been bothering me all day. Haha!

When did police go to the Laundries to gather more evidence? If it was it during the time the autopsy was being performed, could they have been getting samples to compare to autopsy findings?

I, also, am curious about GP's texts and calls to her mom during and after the Moab police incident. I keep wondering what she told her mom in the call from the police car, and what her mom said to her. It would be interesting to know if GP told her the truth about what all had been occurring in regard to partner abuse and DV, or if she even minimized it and covered for BL during a tearful call to her mom. I wonder what her mother said to her, if GP was forthcoming with accurate information about how toxic and violent the relationship had become. Furthermore, I wonder about all those calls and texts from Grandfather "Stan" that were "missed," per the text sent on 8/27 to NS. Did NS share information about GP's and BL's distressing situation with Stan? Maybe Stan was calling to ask if he could help GP, such as fly out and drive her back to New York? I just keep thinking that if GP truthfully divulged all the details to at least one close family member that someone would have done more than order her a pizza. I am NOT victim-blaming GP or any of her family members! So much information is still unknown! I'm simply speculating about all of the information that has not yet come out, and when it does, how it can potentially be used to educate everybody--police officers, current and potential DV victims, current and potential DV perpetrators, and the family and friends of victims and perpetrators. In other words, all of us! What strikes me about this case is the number of people who either knew, must have known, witnessed, or must have witnessed the various forms of manipulation, abuse, violence, dysfunction and toxicity between GP and BL on numerous occasions, yet nothing or no one was successful in preventing GP's murder. So many lessons to be learned from this high-profile, well-documented case. I really hope that it will be used to educate all of us so that fewer people will suffer GP's fate. All speculation; all MOO.

I believe in your final statement. I definitely believe that this case will add to the educational studies of domestic violence.

I also suspect, as you infer, that there is much more information from posts and communication between Gabby and her mother that will eventually come to light.

We know, clearly, from the Dr. Phil interviews that much has not been shared, nor should it be.
Her parents just want the truth of what happened.

What they may have learned along the way, is just secondary at this point.

Since BL and his parents gathered the grandchildren from school on the same day that he arrived home and took them to his sister's house to surprise her ~ It seems she would have noticed if he had any injuries. Seems like that should have raised some suspicions and questions from her and the entire family. "What happened to you, Brian?"
1. Gabby didn't fight and he had no injuries?
2. Gabby fought but the injuries were already healed?
3. Gabby fought for her life and left obvious injuries but no one asked him about them?
4. Or, "What happened to you, Brian?" and the family either believed a tall tale or helped him make a plan?
Edit to add: Assuming he had injuries~
It depends where his injuries were (chest? arms? upper or lower arms?), or if they appeared explainable (we were hiking through shrubs), or if he told his family we broke up because she attacked me, or if he was wearing sleeves when he saw his sister. Too many unknowns JMO!

Thank you, it was just so strange for me today when I’d said her feet
look awkward when the news was broadcast and they found her body and then the hiking boots news came out today, such an odd thing for me to notice at the time of her being found.
I really hope they’ve got enough to charge him when/if that time comes, i want him alive and to face punishment, I go between he’s alive to he’s dead so many times through the day, it’s a yo-yo. I hope he knows the reaction of the world to what he’s done and how disgusting he is. All MOO x
What “hiking boots news” came out today? Missed that. TIA!

I know this has been discussed, but someone on here really confused me on this yesterday - threw me for a loop haha & I’ve been thinking about it all day haha! So I wanted to clarify to make sure I understand. Someone really confused me on the timeline regarding when Brian headed back to Florida. I’m quoting from the timeline we have on this thread.

So when do we think BL actually left & headed back to Florida? Someone mentioned him being seen at a gas station getting gas on the 29th or something, but I don’t see that on the timeline thread. Was that confirmed? If so, would that date not be included in the warrant if Gabby was already deceased? I was under the impression that the warrant included August 30 - September 1 because that’s when he started using the debit card heading back to Florida which also could imply that they might believe that Gabby was murdered on the 29th if the use was unauthorized starting on the 30th. Someone help me out bc it’s been bothering me all day. Haha!
He may have been SEEN buying gas, but paid in cash. If so, he wasn't using her card so warrant wouldn't mention that. jmo

Agreed. But for me the public pieces presently do not complete a picture of certain actions.

Pretty sure this was in reference to circumstantial evidence being used in a trial, no way could we expect to have all the evidence publicly before a trial. That said Im sorry what areas are you concerned with, so far.

Cause my friend I've been trying to find ways Brian may be innocent and under what we actually do know. It would take some pretty extraordinary things to happen in a certain sequence in almost all of them. We can know the who what when, but why, and how? probably Brian only knows for sure. That said get those first 3 and it should be enough for a conviction

Federal case. US attorneys will be involved. If she was murdered in Utah it will be state was she moved? From Utah to WY. Innocent til proven guilty. Feds are charging on bank fraud. Can’t get into the head of CL wanting to go to swamp. WHY? That’s what people are looking at. Attention and focus for all missing . People magazine liked Gabbys dad saying looking for all missing people. Alert news need to cover every race. ID special report

I, also, am curious about GP's texts and calls to her mom during and after the Moab police incident. I keep wondering what she told her mom in the call from the police car, and what her mom said to her. It would be interesting to know if GP told her the truth about what all had been occurring in regard to partner abuse and DV, or if she even minimized it and covered for BL during a tearful call to her mom. I wonder what her mother said to her, if GP was forthcoming with accurate information about how toxic and violent the relationship had become. Furthermore, I wonder about all those calls and texts from Grandfather "Stan" that were "missed," per the text sent on 8/27 to NS. Did NS share information about GP's and BL's distressing situation with Stan? Maybe Stan was calling to ask if he could help GP, such as fly out and drive her back to New York? I just keep thinking that if GP truthfully divulged all the details to at least one close family member that someone would have done more than order her a pizza. I am NOT victim-blaming GP or any of her family members! So much information is still unknown! I'm simply speculating about all of the information that has not yet come out, and when it does, how it can potentially be used to educate everybody--police officers, current and potential DV victims, current and potential DV perpetrators, and the family and friends of victims and perpetrators. In other words, all of us! What strikes me about this case is the number of people who either knew, must have known, witnessed, or must have witnessed the various forms of manipulation, abuse, violence, dysfunction and toxicity between GP and BL on numerous occasions, yet nothing or no one was successful in preventing GP's murder. So many lessons to be learned from this high-profile, well-documented case. I really hope that it will be used to educate all of us so that fewer people will suffer GP's fate. All speculation; all MOO.

mother said she would have to rethink what she knew about the relationship:
Gabby Petito's mom said she and her fiancé had called off ...
https://news.yahoo.com › gabby-petitos-mom-said-she-...

Sep 15, 2021 — The mother of missing Gabby Petito said her daughter and fiancé had ... But now she said she's looking at their relationship in a whole new ...

father said Brian was always respectful and he did not really like any of Gabby's boyfriends:

GABBY Petito's father has said he "never liked her boyfriends" and revealed the name he used to call her fiancé Brian to "intimidate him."Sep 21, 2021

Gabby Petito's dad says he 'never liked her boyfriends ...

so none of them are saying that they thought this was a toxic relationship or that they had deep misgivings about it; either they have not made public statements or GP did not share all her thoughts and feelings with them. I wonder if GP herself thought that BL would never seriously harm her and did not think seriously about protecting herself. people describe her as happy

Gabby Petito's GRANDMA (sic) says they were supposed to meet ...
https://www.youtube.com › watch
upload_2021-10-13_21-38-30.jpeg
3:15

Noreen Gibbons –a close family friend of the Petito's– says Gabby and Brian were planning to end their trip ...
Sep 24, 2021 · Uploaded by Joseph Morris

so maybe she really never comprehended evil. (?)

it's actually the indictment which gives the time frame, and it's worded as "from on or about august 30, 2021, through and including on or about september 1, 2021"...so the wording provides leeway, imo

Federal case. US attorneys will be involved. If she was murdered in Utah it will be state was she moved? From Utah to WY. Innocent til proven guilty. Feds are charging on bank fraud. Can’t get into the head of CL wanting to go to swamp. WHY? That’s what people are looking at. Attention and focus for all missing . People magazine liked Gabbys dad saying looking for all missing people. Alert news need to cover every race. ID special report
Anyone that’s had a ring side seat to DV is painfully aware of how wild things can and do get behind those doors . And how predictable BL’s reaction to police is. The greatest tragedy in it all may be, if there was a pattern of DV, GP’s family seemed to have no idea. Which would be pretty typical. All MOO
DV victims hide the facts because they blame themselves and feel ashamed, I know

I think this whole time I’d assumed BL killed her, then went hiking/ hitchhiking- and no scratches- in fact described as “clean” by those who saw him. But maybe they argued, he left/hitchhiked, got madder & madder, returned, found her peacefully focused, editing SM. They begin arguing all over again- taking up right where they left off, heated & escalating, then he strangles her & heads straight back to FL. This would explain why no one in WY saw scratches. I wonder if FBI has visual from his ATM withdrawal in Benton, IL. This might be the only close-up view if he did have scratches on his face.

Then again, maybe he pinned her arms down with his legs while he strangled her & there never were marks. Very interested in that ATM image from IL. Imo

good point! ATM machine pics! must be looked at for defense wounds.

What “hiking boots news” came out today? Missed that. TIA!
A day after a Wyoming coroner announced that 22-year-old vlogger Gabby Petito died by strangulation, a former prosecutor opened up about the crime scene and what it shows.

Helicopters with KSL-TV flew above the area where searchers found Petito’s body on September 19 and reportedly spotted a pair of hiker’s boots beside her unburied body. A reporter with the outlet said Gabby’s body may have possibly been covered with a blanket.
Gabby Petito Crime Scene: Hiking Shoes Found Near Victim, Body was NOT Buried [Report]

Nothing new yet on “Gabby Petito: ID Special Report”. But they do seem to be honoring her in 2 ways. 1) Before every cut to commercial, they are featuring 9-12 missing persons- exposure as GB’s parents wished. 2) Experts are discussing the difficulty for young adults to recognize, with less life experience, abuse in a relationship. Educational resources were posted, including #thatsnotlove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thundercoyote