Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what was in the wallet, or not in the wallet.
I'm guessing there was a drivers license at least. He would have a reason to take money but not an ID, if he planned to go on the run. Even a lack of money in the wallet wouldn't mean he didn't have any with him. It would be more telling if there was money left behind.

IMO

Very possible. But thats my point. Lots of things are possible, but people get locked into their own theory and aren't open to imagining anything else being possible. What I said is very possible as well. There may be past history between the two families that might make the Laundries not want to engage with GP's family and instead let everything go through their lawyer once they knew something was wrong with their son's story. There is a lot of hate for them because they aren't telling us what we want to hear, through the media or directly by coming out to speak to protesters. They could have told LE everything they actually know. We don't know.
There's "possible", "probable" and "actual".
It's possible Santa exists.
It's probable Santa doesn't exist because no one has seen him come down the chimney.
It's actual that Santa doesn't exist because I bought my children's gifts and labelled them from Santa.

Same here. It's possible there was bad blood between the families. But since there were no prior indications of trouble, it's not probable. And now that we know JP didn't go to the Laundrie home per the type of call (service call) and the attorney statement and no statement to the contrary, it's actual that there was no bad blood.

The emotion people are feeling today is also a possible, probable and actual scenario. It's possible that people hate them. It's probable that people are at least disappointed in them. And given the crowds of people expressing their disappointment, I'd say that's actual.

However, putting all those details aside, there was nothing to stop the Laundrie family from cooperating with LE. There was nothing preventing them from having Brian put forth a statement, even in an email, of where he last saw Gabby. And yes, we do know they said nothing to LE because LE stated they went to the house, they were given an atty's card, and then left. The Laundries did not lead LE to Gabby's body, that's not a possible or a probable, that's an actual.

Does anyone remember what day it was that LE or FBI was looking in the Mustang when it was still in the driveway, before being towed. Posters reported seeing what appeared to them to be a gun case taken from the trunk. If it was a gun case, where is the gun? It either belonged to Brian or to one or both of the parents. Would the (maybe) gun be registered? I guess that it's possible that when parents retrieved the Mustang, they never looked in the trunk so did not know that a gun case was in the trunk....empty. If it was not a gun case, what was it? jmo
I remember this idea making the rounds on social media but never found any verified reporting on it.

Again, thats hindsight thinking. Unless there was past negative history between the two families, there is no reason to think that two old people not answering their phone would lead to conflict if you knocked on their door. Also, many people don't have a problem driving 3 hours one way, I do it all the time just to see a roadside attraction because my son loves car rides. I would think wanting to personally follow up on an unanswered phone call about the whereabouts of my child ranks much higher than the worlds biggest frying pan or something like that. I just don't see calling the cops on your daughters future in laws before you really had anything to go on. (unless he had something to go on that isn't being reported in the media.)
I wouldn't have gone and knocked on their door either. Fact is, what you would have done, or I would have done isn't relevant because JP didn't go knock on the door. He didn't go on the Laundrie property and he didn't even go in North Port. So it's kind of a moot point. :)

I am a proponent of logical thinking, following facts, keeping an open mind, and healthy discussion of potential scenarios. I personally think that BL is guilty of killing her, but there is enough oddness about this to keep my mind open other than it just the smart way to investigate.

Actually yes, the way you explained makes more sense.

As it stands, it's likely BL did kill GP, but I'm not willing to close and seal that box.

I remain open to other possibilities, scenarios and hypotheses until he's charged and found guilty.

MOO

Eagle 8 HD's
@8_plamison
is on his way to the Carlton Reserve and will be live on the WFLA Facebook page and WFLA's website/app soon. http://8.wfla.com/3vaDUiq

BbVJfAV0_normal.jpg

Eagle 8 WFLA
@8_plamison
· 1h
Replying to @hnuzzolilo @WFLAJosh and @WFLAAllyson
We are up
https://twitter.com/8_plamison/status/1448675703789137925

I'm of the opinion that Brian may have murdered Gabby because she finally called off the relationship. Breakups don't happen overnight, so I think his trip home was (possibly) related to that process of dissolution.

If he did plan the murder that far in advance, however, it could be the key to finding him. I think it's unlikely, but it's possible.

I feel like this is possible, but also that it may have been a fight about money. Like Gabby called it off, and he was like fine, but you need to give me money to set myself up and move on, to which point she may have said no. He seemed really concerned when the cell phone wasn't in his possession, or that she may leave without him and he'd be screwed without funds. The first thing he apparently did was to go to a bank machine and pull out $1,000 when she was dead, so maybe there was financial pressure on him for something and she refused to help.

Another aspect I've wondered about if maybe he was into drugs, even something like marijuana, and as finances got tight at the end, that was something that was removed from the budget, and he didn't like that. One piece that never jived with me is why he was so adamant with the hitchhiker not to return to Jackson Hole - maybe he had an encounter there with someone he never wanted to see again. It also may explain why he would fly all the way back to Florida to empty the storage locker (or possibly the real reason, to simultaneously access something he had hidden in it).

Just some random thoughts.

I might be unrealistic, but I find it really difficult to believe that the FBI, with all its resources, is so fleeceable that the L family could successfully plant a few items and convince the feds that their son had been to the reserve, or fool them by staging a complex suicide scene where he was dead and eaten by gators, all the while covertly, and unbeknownst to the federal agents, keeping him stashed under their garden, or at a family member's house, or in a vacant home that they once sold as real estate, or sending funds via a secret bank account.

I might be unrealistic to think the FBI would be all over that s**t.

I stand by BL going to great lengths to commit suicide at the reserve in such a way it would be very difficult/impossible for him to be found. I don't think the lawyer saying he represents BL has much meaning regards him being dead or alive unless there is a weird rule/law about that?

SBM. MOO. It wouldn't take much to conceal his own body. Fill his backpack with rocks or other heavy items. Put the backpack on, including the hip strap. Buckle the sternum strap or make a makeshift sternum strap. Stand waist deep in a pool of water. Shoot self in head. Slip under the water and disappear from sight. Count on big alligator to stash body under big log for dessert.

I’m just not able to conjure up a lot of sympathy for them.
I have not commented much on this case, but those parents are despicable. Their actions have invited this, IMO, and in actuality they’re damn lucky that’s all that they’ve had to deal with. Laundry baskets on their lawn? Whaaaaaaaa. They’re lucky someone hasn’t accosted their person at this late date in the case. MOO. IMO. YMMV.
I'm on the fence. On one level, I understand the protests but the bullhorns were a bit much. I'd be more likely to give a message from my lawn rather than mess with theirs, and I think it would be far more effective because they can't take it down. But where I come from, with so many interconnected families, what's happening to the Laundries is tame.

I might be unrealistic, but I find it really difficult to believe that the FBI, with all its resources, is so fleeceable that the L family could successfully plant a few items and convince the feds that their son had been to the reserve, or fool them by staging a complex suicide scene where he was dead and eaten by gators, all the while covertly, and unbeknownst to the federal agents, keeping him stashed under their garden, or at a family member's house, or in a vacant home that they once sold as real estate, or sending funds via a secret bank account.

I might be unrealistic to think the FBI would be all over that s**t.

Yeah, the wild theories are baseless and make no real sense outside of bad novels.

SBM. MOO. It wouldn't take much to conceal his own body. Fill his backpack with rocks or other heavy items. Put the backpack on, including the hip strap. Buckle the sternum strap or make a makeshift sternum strap. Stand waist deep in a pool of water. Shoot self in head. Slip under the water and disappear from sight. Count on big alligator to stash body under big log for dessert.
Do metal detectors detect metal under water, I wonder?

I'm listening to this now but the sound quality is really poor on Weird Mom's end. I would second a recap! Though the cat jokes took me all the way back to are you being served ! (only old people in the UK might get that).

Are You Being Served......LOL, literally an entire show based on double entendre, even the title.

Does anyone remember what day it was that LE or FBI was looking in the Mustang when it was still in the driveway, before being towed. Posters reported seeing what appeared to them to be a gun case taken from the trunk. If it was a gun case, where is the gun? It either belonged to Brian or to one or both of the parents. Would the (maybe) gun be registered? I guess that it's possible that when parents retrieved the Mustang, they never looked in the trunk so did not know that a gun case was in the trunk....empty. If it was not a gun case, what was it? jmo

If Brian told them that Joe Petito refers to him as Brianna, that may tend to irritate the Laundries. It's pretty mean, you've got to admit. Petito said Brian was always polite to him, but he was probably seething underneath and his parents if they knew that, would seethe about it too..jmo
9/20
https://abc-7.com/news/local/2021/0...brian-laundrie-drove-the-day-he-went-missing/
I saw them open the trunk. It looked like a long gun case.

Why would he need to go visit their house? That adds hours to the timeline. They got the police involved much quicker than they would have if he took a field trip.

SBM. . . . would you take a short drive and ask them yourself first.

SBM. If you remember, at that time Gabby's parents thought both kids were missing. . . . I'd send LE over rather than take a trip to knock on the door of an empty home. . .

SBM . . .They could have told LE everything they actually know. We don't know.

JMOO
We know that these threads are moving very fast and some information continues to be missed, overlooked or just plainly ignored.

1. JP NEVER went to the Laundrie house. NPPD has stated this numerous times. NPPD did go to the Laundrie house. JP lives on the other side of the state approximately 150 miles/3 hours away from the Laundries.
2. Laundrie attorney has confirmed that they have not spoken to the FBI and will not.
All of this is in prior threads/timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn