Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I'm really trying to keep an open mind until we're presented with actual facts.

It doesn't mean for one second that I'm not anti-DV, or not supportive of murder victims and their families.

Believe me, I have a very unhealthy amount of absolute disgust and abhorrence for whoever killed poor Gabby, but until we know for sure that that person is BL, I cannot have that level of disgust and abhorrence for him.

If it turns out that BL did kill GP, then and only then, does he become the object of my contempt.

I hope that this makes some kind of sense.

MOO

Even if he didn’t murder her, he slapped her around in public, demeaned her work, and left her stranded in Wyoming without her van, and stole her money too. Then he wouldn’t tell her parents where she was. How does all that not inspire contempt? He’s done plenty bad, even without the murder.

You know what strikes me as ODD??? I live in SE FL… I would think that when I walk into a Publix, a Wawa, a Cumberland Farms, any gas station, any store, any Post Office, that I would see a notice posted on the doors to look out for BL. It’s always on the local news. There are mask required notices on doors, mask strongly encouraged on doors, etc…. yet nothing about BL, his facial picture, finger vine tattoo, anything. Is there anyone on the west coast of FL that sees any postings of BL posters in public places?? Maybe I’m old school and think we should see these and not rely only on social media. Or is it because LE hasn’t officially put it out there that he is a suspect in the GP case but just a POI. After all, the world knows he’s a wanted fugitive. I don’t get it what the FBI has in their game plan…. I respect it, I just don’t get it (insert eye roll)… time to call BL a suspect and put those posters out there to the public.
I have family in Pasco County (Hudson) who aren’t up to date on BL at all.

Again, thats hindsight thinking. Unless there was past negative history between the two families, there is no reason to think that two old people not answering their phone would lead to conflict if you knocked on their door. Also, many people don't have a problem driving 3 hours one way, I do it all the time just to see a roadside attraction because my son loves car rides. I would think wanting to personally follow up on an unanswered phone call about the whereabouts of my child ranks much higher than the worlds biggest frying pan or something like that. I just don't see calling the cops on your daughters future in laws before you really had anything to go on. (unless he had something to go on that isn't being reported in the media.)
How old are the Laundries? In their 50s? Not that old really. IDK. Under the circumstances, not having heard from my daughter in 11 days or so, nor her boyfriend, and not having texts, phone calls answered by anybody, I feel that is PLENTY to go on to call the police. In my mind, that is ALL that would be needed even if there is no prior bad history. However, I would have gone there myself and when they handed me their lawyer's business card, it would not have been pretty. Just because people are aged 50+ doesn't mean there won't be conflict. I mean, GP father did the smart thing, whereas I would have done the stupid thing. IIRC, we know of at least 1 gun in the house and if BL was present, well, it's likely he has already killed one person during his lifetime. MOO.

SBM. MOO. It wouldn't take much to conceal his own body. Fill his backpack with rocks or other heavy items. Put the backpack on, including the hip strap. Buckle the sternum strap or make a makeshift sternum strap. Stand waist deep in a pool of water. Shoot self in head. Slip under the water and disappear from sight. Count on big alligator to stash body under big log for dessert.

More: or pills or slit wrists or asphyxiation or ......

It has to be telling LE/FBI keep going back to the reserve. They must strongly suspect or have quality evidence that is the only place he went. The complete lack of sightings or other evidence of him out there backs this up. I would doubt even the best survivalist/SAS/Navy Seal could keep entirely off grid and unsighted for 30+ days with a full FBI manhunt in 2021. Much less so a 23yo amateur backpacker.

I stand by BL going to great lengths to commit suicide at the reserve in such a way it would be very difficult/impossible for him to be found. I don't think the lawyer saying he represents BL has much meaning regards him being dead or alive unless there is a weird rule/law about that?

But if he was going to be dead, why would he care whether or not he was found? I just don’t see him as this sort of “riddler” type of criminal mastermind. Honestly, I happen to think he is dead, probably from suicide, and think he simply has not been found yet because he either was eaten by a gator, or there’s too many places to look “up”, and they haven’t looked up in the right place. It’s possible he didn’t want to be found, but I can’t think of a reason why it would have mattered to him.

Remember, remaining silent about a case doesn't mean you can't personally express condolences to your future daughter-in-law's family when she is found and verified dead. It can actually help your case. Remember OJ's "suicide" letter? It was as good as court testimony without cross-examination. The "Dream Team" took full advantage of the opportunity to "humanize" their client - happy face and all.

Since you asked ... the chopper news footage cut out swiftly right before she can be seen.

But the black tarp is covering her , and part of a red shirt can be seen in the second time stamp.

It was inconclusive to me but that's fine --it's bad enough the poi who may have ended her life didn't show the decency and respect to bury her !

Sorry about the graininess of the video, but the news crew were taking a brief flyover and it has been edited, thankfully.
It's enough to show the utter disregard.
I think the prosecutor will have a strong case !

Post # 628 in thread # 63.
Second video at the 0:07 , and the 1:06 -1:09 timestamps.

Gabby Petito → EXCLUSIVE: News Chopper Footage From When Gabby Was 1st Found→KSL5 TV Salt Lake City - YouTube

She wasn't covered her very well, but left in the elements. :(

Someone said the black blanket may be the tarp that was on top of the van folded up in the drone video ?
I'm not sure so will have to go and check.
Hth.
Imo.
The black and red thing isn't her. (sorry! Thought I was on the current page but this is super old lol)

There's "possible", "probable" and "actual".
It's possible Santa exists.
It's probable Santa doesn't exist because no one has seen him come down the chimney.
It's actual that Santa doesn't exist because I bought my children's gifts and labelled them from Santa.

Same here. It's possible there was bad blood between the families. But since there were no prior indications of trouble, it's not probable. And now that we know JP didn't go to the Laundrie home per the type of call (service call) and the attorney statement and no statement to the contrary, it's actual that there was no bad blood.

The emotion people are feeling today is also a possible, probable and actual scenario. It's possible that people hate them. It's probable that people are at least disappointed in them. And given the crowds of people expressing their disappointment, I'd say that's actual.

However, putting all those details aside, there was nothing to stop the Laundrie family from cooperating with LE. There was nothing preventing them from having Brian put forth a statement, even in an email, of where he last saw Gabby. And yes, we do know they said nothing to LE because LE stated they went to the house, they were given an atty's card, and then left. The Laundries did not lead LE to Gabby's body, that's not a possible or a probable, that's an actual.

It is not actual that there was no bad blood. I totally understand and identify with GP's dad's anger toward BL. But if I had thought that BL murdered my daughter, calling him Brianna would never even occur to me among the things I would want to call him. That kind of insult is the kind you have when you just don't like someone for reasons less than murder. Its something that probably existed before BL/GP started their trip and something Brian was quite aware of. Even the the thing about Gabby's family stating early on that the wedding was called off, when it was very much still on in Gabby's mind (she stated it in several different situations that we have video and witness accounts of), leans to the probability that the relationship was something Gabby's family didn't approve of.

Both of these things are clues to what the relationship between the two family may have been. So it is most certainly NOT actual that there was no bad blood between them just like it is NOT actual that there was bad blood, either. And I have no idea what the family knew about the location of GP's body an neither does anyone else as far as the evidence we have seen. It very possible that they know he did her harm and they may have told LE that, but we don't know. Its also possible they asked their son and he didn't tell them where he last saw GP and then ran away before he had to tell anyone. We don't know.

They said over the shouts of demonstrators outside the home that their children had been crying for days after learning that their "Aunt Gabby" had been killed

Cassie Laundrie insisted she and her husband had told the FBI everything they could.

"The world does not need to know what the FBI knows, and that’s why we’re silent," she said. "We are just as upset, frustrated and heartbroken as everybody else. I am losing my parents and my brother and my children’s aunt and future sister-in-law on top of this."
Brian Laundrie's sister's family targeted with violent threats, records show

the only member of the L family I can summon some sympathy for. MOO

I don't understand that, either. Aside from his connection to Gabby, he's a missing person. And given his possible (most likely) involvement with her death, he's dangerous. What could be their reasoning?

That’s the biggest weirdness to me - lack of warning the public about a dangerous fugitive on the run.

It’s possible The FBI thinks he’s dead. But unless they know for sure why *not* warn the public?

Very possible. But thats my point. Lots of things are possible, but people get locked into their own theory and aren't open to imagining anything else being possible. What I said is very possible as well. There may be past history between the two families that might make the Laundries not want to engage with GP's family and instead let everything go through their lawyer once they knew something was wrong with their son's story. There is a lot of hate for them because they aren't telling us what we want to hear, through the media or directly by coming out to speak to protesters. They could have told LE everything they actually know. We don't know.
Yeah I have no idea why ppl insist on trying to blame the Petitos and Gabby for everything. The Laundries and Brian are the bad guys in the scenario, not the Petitos.

Again, thats hindsight thinking. Unless there was past negative history between the two families, there is no reason to think that two old people not answering their phone would lead to conflict if you knocked on their door. Also, many people don't have a problem driving 3 hours one way, I do it all the time just to see a roadside attraction because my son loves car rides. I would think wanting to personally follow up on an unanswered phone call about the whereabouts of my child ranks much higher than the worlds biggest frying pan or something like that. I just don't see calling the cops on your daughters future in laws before you really had anything to go on. (unless he had something to go on that isn't being reported in the media.)

With all due respect, I’m not sure why you keep responding to my posts to tell me my thinking is in hindsight. It isn’t hindsight. This is how I would handle it today, in the same situation. You can think I’m wrong for it, but I’m good with that.

The truth is we don’t know the dynamic between these families, so it’s really wrong to imply that Joe Petito did something wrong by calling for a welfare check on his daughter. He wasn’t calling the cops ON the Laundrie family, and it’s inflammatory for you to say that. Simply, he was asking for the cops to check on the situation, which was the right thing to do. Clearly he was right to do so. We all have the right to share our opinions here.

Last edited:
But if he was going to be dead, why would he care whether or not he was found? I just don’t see him as this sort of “riddler” type of criminal mastermind. Honestly, I happen to think he is dead, probably from suicide, and think he simply has not been found yet because he either was eaten by a gator, or there’s too many places to look “up”, and they haven’t looked up in the right place. It’s possible he didn’t want to be found, but I can’t think of a reason why it would have mattered to him.

I personally don't think he will kill himself - it requires immense courage, and he doesn't personally strike me as someone with a lot. I think when he's finally caught he will limp into the police station, likely in tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper