Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to fool anyone that he is dead...
Remember in that movie winter's bone they had to saw off both hands of the father to prove death to the authorities, as so many fugitives had tried just chopping off just one to prove they were dead.

Are none of the local stations running live aerial footage of the search at the reserve today?

That would cause quite a buzz, to be sure, and I think many would begin to assume he was deceased.

I already think he probably is.
I don't think he was ever in there, but without meaning to disrespect LE, they have to quit searching there sometime, and bloody clothes might do it. Maybe "someone" even went in there in that 10+ day period, tossed some of his "bloody clothes" (tied to a wire) where there were gators, and towed the remains of the bloody clothes back out, complete with real life gator teeth marks on the clothes. For a "plant".

JMO

A several hours drive isn’t short to me, but I hate driving even 30 minutes so to me this is the natural way I’d do things. I would have called the cops just like they did. Clearly they had an intuitive feeling that something was wrong, and they were correct. Once enough calls and texts were ignored, it makes perfect sense to me to trust their gut feelings and call the cops. What good would going over there be? Do you think they would have answered the door? All this would lead to is a conflict.

Again, thats hindsight thinking. Unless there was past negative history between the two families, there is no reason to think that two old people not answering their phone would lead to conflict if you knocked on their door. Also, many people don't have a problem driving 3 hours one way, I do it all the time just to see a roadside attraction because my son loves car rides. I would think wanting to personally follow up on an unanswered phone call about the whereabouts of my child ranks much higher than the worlds biggest frying pan or something like that. I just don't see calling the cops on your daughters future in laws before you really had anything to go on. (unless he had something to go on that isn't being reported in the media.)

Very possible. But thats my point. Lots of things are possible, but people get locked into their own theory and aren't open to imagining anything else being possible. What I said is very possible as well. There may be past history between the two families that might make the Laundries not want to engage with GP's family and instead let everything go through their lawyer once they knew something was wrong with their son's story. There is a lot of hate for them because they aren't telling us what we want to hear, through the media or directly by coming out to speak to protesters. They could have told LE everything they actually know. We don't know.

This is why I'm really trying to keep an open mind until we're presented with actual facts.

It doesn't mean for one second that I'm not anti-DV, or not supportive of murder victims and their families.

Believe me, I have a very unhealthy amount of absolute disgust and abhorrence for whoever killed poor Gabby, but until we know for sure that that person is BL, I cannot have that level of disgust and abhorrence for him.

If it turns out that BL did kill GP, then and only then, does he become the object of my contempt.

I hope that this makes some kind of sense.

MOO

Totally agree with your interpretation, Hyway. Your linear thought process opened my eyes to something that may help our timeline. The BBM makes me wonder if this could be an indication that the Laundrie's lawyer had not been contacted before the 6th. I understand it's far from a concrete statement but I wonder if it might be a healthy consideration?

I don't know that we will ever know when the laundries contacted their lawyer. He was their attorney for 20 years so I doubt they would even bother with signing a new agreement for this case. I personally lean to the position that the laundries, therefore their lawyer, as well, weren't aware that harm may have come to GP until her family started calling and they confronted BL about this new information. I don't discount any other possibility, though.

I think they keep going back to the park because where else do they have to look? I think they follow up on every sighting, but since the parents gave their word that he was at the park, they basically are going to search it until he is either found there, found elsewhere, or they cover every inch of that place. They really have nothing to go by because he was likely gone days before she was reported missing. He could be anywhere. So at least this will make it look like they have an idea of where he is. If he is, I bet he has trench foot.
There are jurisdictions where law enforcement operate correct ? The FBI and law enforcement across the US and internationally more likely have notices. They are assigned authority to respond a particular way when information arrives that justifies their action. They do not establish a patrol and search without receiving information to act on. That is, something that is criminal in nature. The government can not initiate actions against citizens without cause that a criminal act has occured to warrant their initiative. It is always in response to xxxx for the purpose of xxxx according to *advertiser censored* statutes etc. So, with respect to that, it is assumed that Law enforcement is in alert and retaining information that will be scrutinized against the documented operations. They are more likely looking elsewhere, the reserve more likely has led to other information not related to Laundrie's case that was found in their investigation. Information is law enforcement's key asset that gives the cause to implement the physical actions guided by their mission. So, in closing, not too surprised to see activity in the reserve area.

You know what strikes me as ODD??? I live in SE FL… I would think that when I walk into a Publix, a Wawa, a Cumberland Farms, any gas station, any store, any Post Office, that I would see a notice posted on the doors to look out for BL. It’s always on the local news. There are mask required notices on doors, mask strongly encouraged on doors, etc…. yet nothing about BL, his facial picture, finger vine tattoo, anything. Is there anyone on the west coast of FL that sees any postings of BL posters in public places?? Maybe I’m old school and think we should see these and not rely only on social media. Or is it because LE hasn’t officially put it out there that he is a suspect in the GP case but just a POI. After all, the world knows he’s a wanted fugitive. I don’t get it what the FBI has in their game plan…. I respect it, I just don’t get it (insert eye roll)… time to call BL a suspect and put those posters out there to the public.

This is why I'm really trying to keep an open mind until we're presented with actual facts.

It doesn't mean for one second that I'm not anti-DV, or not supportive of murder victims and their families.

Believe me, I have a very unhealthy amount of absolute disgust and abhorrence for whoever killed poor Gabby, but until we know for sure that that person is BL, I cannot have that level of disgust and abhorrence for him.

If it turns out that BL did kill GP, then and only then, does he become the object of my contempt.

I hope that this makes some kind of sense.

MOO

I am a proponent of logical thinking, following facts, keeping an open mind, and healthy discussion of potential scenarios. I personally think that BL is guilty of killing her, but there is enough oddness about this to keep my mind open other than it just the smart way to investigate.

According to WFLA, several law enforcement vehicles were spotted on the Venice end of the reserve at around 9.30am.

Two units from the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office were among the units sighted at the scene.

“We have sent the HRD K9s a few times and patrol K9s (who are also trained to track those who are missing) a few times,” the spokesperson said.

“For more insight, we’re one of the only law enforcement agencies in Florida that have HRD K9s in-house, so we’re often requested to assist in that aspect across the state.”

No further updates have been issued. A planned prescribed burn is taking place at the nearby Big Slough Preserve but activity is unrelated to the search for Brian.
Cadaver-smelling K9s search reserve for Brian Laundrie as fire burns nearby

You know what strikes me as ODD??? I live in SE FL… I would think that when I walk into a Publix, a Wawa, a Cumberland Farms, any gas station, any store, any Post Office, that I would see a notice posted on the doors to look out for BL. It’s always on the local news. There are mask required notices on doors, mask strongly encouraged on doors, etc…. yet nothing about BL, his facial picture, finger vine tattoo, anything. Is there anyone on the west coast of FL that sees any postings of BL posters in public places?? Maybe I’m old school and think we should see these and not rely only on social media. Or is it because LE hasn’t officially put it out there that he is a suspect in the GP case but just a POI. After all, the world knows he’s a wanted fugitive. I don’t get it what the FBI has in their game plan…. I respect it, I just don’t get it (insert eye roll)… time to call BL a suspect and put those posters out there to the public.
I don't understand that, either. Aside from his connection to Gabby, he's a missing person. And given his possible (most likely) involvement with her death, he's dangerous. What could be their reasoning?

It's also possible they have footage of BL's dad's red truck at the reserve. The parents initially told LE Brian went to the reserve on the 14th. But then, after further "discussion" with the FBI the parents admitted it was actually the 13th. Was it because the FBI convo went like this? "Well, Mr. L, we have evidence your truck <or you> were in the area of the reserve the evening of the 13th. How do you explain that?"

The FBI know this whole reserve thing is sketchy, but they persist in their search nonetheless. I am 99% convinced both Brian and CL were seen at the reserve, either on camera or by live witnesses. There is no other reason for them to continue searching there and for the parents to change their story. jmo

The FBI typically keeps their info close to the vest, and I hope with all my heart they have something tangible and we are just not privy to it.

Look at this new case where they uncovered a navy engineer and his wife who were actually spies who passed nuclear secrets to a foreign entity on a chip hidden in a peanut butter sandwich. If they gave press conferences while the case was ongoing, they would have destroyed the case.

I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping they know so much more to find Brian, dead or alive.

Does anyone remember what day it was that LE or FBI was looking in the Mustang when it was still in the driveway, before being towed. Posters reported seeing what appeared to them to be a gun case taken from the trunk. If it was a gun case, where is the gun? It either belonged to Brian or to one or both of the parents. Would the (maybe) gun be registered? I guess that it's possible that when parents retrieved the Mustang, they never looked in the trunk so did not know that a gun case was in the trunk....empty. If it was not a gun case, what was it? jmo
Very possible. But thats my point. Lots of things are possible, but people get locked into their own theory and aren't open to imagining anything else being possible. What I said is very possible as well. There may be past history between the two families that might make the Laundries not want to engage with GP's family and instead let everything go through their lawyer once they knew something was wrong with their son's story. There is a lot of hate for them because they aren't telling us what we want to hear, through the media or directly by coming out to speak to protesters. They could have told LE everything they actually know. We don't know.
If Brian told them that Joe Petito refers to him as Brianna, that may tend to irritate the Laundries. It's pretty mean, you've got to admit. Petito said Brian was always polite to him, but he was probably seething underneath and his parents if they knew that, would seethe about it too..jmo

In my area of FL there are none of the above either in central fl

I've wondered this too. Maybe FBI has leads and doesn't want to drive him deeper into hiding if still alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz