Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the last place he was known to be. Occam's Razor, right? It is my guess they expect to find his body there as there is no evidence that he has gone anywhere else.
I guess but when there have been supposed sightings and it’s taken days for anyone to contact the witnesses, it seems to me they have much more evidence he’s in there than the parents word and the car. JMO

Walsh needs to bring it down just a smidge, IMO. His questions to the coroner were way out of line. Angrily stating your opinion doesn't make it a fact.

I agree John Walsh has taken such a personal interest in this case that it's clouding his judgement and he's losing control for some reason, jmo.

However, I didn't hear him angrily state your opinion doesn't make it a fact. Why would JW say that to Dr. Blue? I didn't hear him say that during that press conference. He got to say something twice during that PC and I don't remember he ever saying that. jmo

I suspect they have cameras at the entrance to the reserve like they do at Fort De Soto. IMO, they HAVE to have some solid proof he went into the reserve that hasn't been released. (Other than the parents stating he went)

I believe they have trail cams set up throughout. I watched them when I was trying to get a feel for what the preserve was really like.

The call/text non-responsiveness in September 2021 is less challenging for me to understand than the (possible) lack of "visit" to the Laundrie neighborhood/home *ever* by Mr. Petito. Those are my thoughts.

Why would he need to go visit their house? That adds hours to the timeline. They got the police involved much quicker than they would have if he took a field trip.

Even if you're not a hothead this situation would drive you over the edge. The people that may know where your kid is or at least knows more than you do are ghosting you during this critical time, yeah I would be livid too. I'm impressed that her dad has kept his cool and has such faith in LE/FBI.
Yeah...I can't imagine that the calls and texts were pleasant to receive! He may have been accusatory and called them a bunch of names and was yelling. If he threatened bodily harm, he was wrong and they would be alarmed...but they should have been alarmed way before he was calling them. jmo ETA If I could, I WOULD have driven over there to see if the van was there. Then I would have parked my car and insisted that NPPD meet me there, pronto. Let them do the interaction.....

Last edited:
They must have a reason to keep searching the preserve and as time goes on I'm more inclined to think that if he really did go in there and took his gun then he would have taken his own life not long after. I hope that I'm wrong though and that he is caught and faces justice for the terrible things he has done.
It’s disturbing that they appear to “know” he’s in there, because it makes the suicide scenario far more likely, IMO. And as you state, if he had a gun, that just increases the possibility extremely.

I'm of the opinion that Brian may have murdered Gabby because she finally called off the relationship. Breakups don't happen overnight, so I think his trip home was (possibly) related to that process of dissolution.

If he did plan the murder that far in advance, however, it could be the key to finding him. I think it's unlikely, but it's possible.

Calling off a relationship with a narcissistic person is the most dangerous thing a woman can do. I agree that maybe the relationship was over so IMO BL could have flown back to his parents to get their things out of storage as their trip was over. However, maybe they talked things over while BL was in Florida and they decided to give it another chance. Hence GP announced to somebody in a shop that they were engaged (again). But after the way BL behaved in that restaurant and GP apologised for BL's behaviour, I suspect that their engagement could have been off again. Narcissists often think that if they cannot have you, nobody else can.

Of course, it also looked suspicious that they had a lawyer hired before GP was even reported missing.
so just a thought. The Laundries own a business, buy and sell real estate... is it possible SB represented the Laundries in the past for some of their work dealings and they knew, as a friend, he would help? My thought is the lawyer was 'hired' when LE knocked on the door and were told to talk to their lawyer. Didn't sound like there was even enough time for LE to explain why they were there before they were handed the lawyer's number. MOO

Maybe after 6th Sept meeting at campground all the Laundries changed their phone numbers moo

I doubt the parents would change their phone numbers, as they run a business out of their home, and I would think that changing phone numbers would make this very difficult.

(I'm hoping) dead and will be found soon.
If he is dead and found, there will be no trial for him; maybe one for the 'rents. No horrible, gruesome coroner testimony & pictures -- thereby sparing her parents that agony. No chance for a hung jury or a "Not Guilty" verdict.
Her family wants him alive to give them answers.

I think it goes without saying that really everyone wants the person responsible.
I agree John Walsh has taken such a personal interest in this case that it's clouding his judgement and he's losing control for some reason, jmo.

However, I didn't hear him angrily state your opinion doesn't make it a fact. Why would JW say that to Dr. Blue? I didn't hear him say that during that press conference. He got to say something twice during that PC and I don't remember he ever saying that. jmo
He didn't say that specifically. That's just the vibe I get from JW every time he is talking with someone about this case.

Thank you for this. Was her body found UNDER the tent that they put up? or was it closer to where that group of searchers/LE were standing?

If you look at the shot where the tent is on the right and a group of people are gathered to the west of the tent, Gabby was to the Northwest of that group of people. When they start walking off, they're walking in the direction of where Gabby was. So no, the white tent was not set up over her body.

I guess but when there have been supposed sightings and it’s taken days for anyone to contact the witnesses, it seems to me they have much more evidence he’s in there than the parents word and the car. JMO
i think these supposed sighting are worthless and they know it. it may be the dogs found his scent, it may be there's a camera somewhere. But between his parents and the car, that's likely enough for them to have a good bit of certainty.

But if they had broken up, and that is why he flew home, why would she stay in the hotel all those days working on the one YouTube video she managed to post the entire trip? It would be nice to know when he purchased the ticket to fly home and if it was a round trip ticket or if they did two last minute one way tickets.
Why did he fly home?
Kind of makes no sense…….
If they broke up. Why didnt she continue on or head home? Did she ask him to come back?

or did he go home for another reason?

Gabby Petito's dad linked to incident at Laundrie home evening before she was reported missing
Eta:incident report

• Fox New Digital has obtained files that detail the police calls placed to the home of Brian Laundrie and his parents between September 10 and September 27. (Obtained by Fox News Digital)
There were at least two calls placed on Sept. 10, one just before 4 p.m. and one just before 6:30 p.m. Fox News Digital previously reported that the later incident that Petito's father was linked to the later incident on Sept. 10.

And three more were calls placed on Sept. 11, the day Petito’s mother, Nichole Schmidt, filed a missing persons’ report with the Suffolk County Police Department in New York. Police returned on Sept. 14, 15 and 16 and twice on Sept. 17, records show.

The records do not go into detail about who placed the calls and all summaries have been redacted – only providing brief descriptions, such as "Problem Settled," "No Police Action Needed" or "Report Submitted."

The most recent records provided by police were from about 5:10 p.m. on Monday, with calls earlier in the day at 8:06 a.m., 8:28 a.m., 1:29 p.m., 2:45 p.m. and 4:13 p.m., records show. Apparent reasons for the 46 calls include "Disturbance," "Follow Up/Investigation," "Patrol Check" and "Public Service."
Thank you for that. Now we know what three of those initial 911 calls were all about. Plus, the date the Petito's found out that Brian had returned to Florida.

Who knows, she might open up to Dog. She opened up to the press, and protesters. Little brother BL is getting all the attention, parents have ghosted her, her family is threaten and maybe getting backlash at their jobs. She has no one "on her side". Dog and his new wife, might convince her and hubby to open up, and life will not return to "normal" till BL is found, they could become hero's vs villains.

I support all hunting BL, bounty hunters, weekend warriors, the many bloggers, twitter, and forums. So far the FBI/NPPD don't have zip, maybe the unconventional/underground world can find BL.
Moo....

I will say at least from watching DTBH’s shows back in the day, Dog and Beth both had a knack for really meeting people where they were and making them feel heard. They displayed a lot of compassion and got people to talk. I know Beth had passed away, but hopefully his new wife has that same trait and Dog still has that skill as well. CaL seems stuck in the middle of this, and maybe she’ll tell him something. Maybe he can bribe her lol.

I keep forgetting to ask this question and hope someone could answer it.

Since we don't know where Gabby actually died, the possibility of it happening in the van is still in play.

I'm wondering after BL returned home if he dismantled the van completely, scrubbed it down, could cadaver dogs still smell the scent of a dead body?
I'll at @Trackergd for you!

They just lack any integrity, compassion, refusal to cooperate, the list goes on and on. I don't blame GP's dad one bit. His kid's van is at the house and BL was there and GP wasn't and wasn't heard from for over a week. I wouldn't have been one bit surprised if he busted through their door at full running speed or kicked it right down. He saw the signs, he's not stupid. JMO

Well , he did not go down there. He or Gabby’s mother asked the police to look for her at Laundrie’s house on Sept 10 after getting no responses from all of their messages to everyone. Which LE did. No Gabby. So missing person report filed the next day in NY after FL refused to accept one.
In such cases, LE very adamantly tell family members NOT to even contact the other involved parties, and particularly stay away.

<modsnip>

At this point, I’m sure Gabby’s family is being advised by LE and attorney as to how to handle things. Like her belongings still at the Laundrie’s.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's been much mentioned about BL coming home to empty the storage locker. Could it be something as simple as the GP and BL had the key. Not sure how willing the locker people would have been to open it for CL. Unless of course it was in the parents name.
As to why LE is adamant to search the Reserve, while I don't think he's there, LE must have some type of credible evidence he is. I hope. That's a lot of money and destruction looking for someone who may not even be there. I understand it's a small price to pay to get justice for Gabby. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734