Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Cassie Laundrie unleashes after Gabby Petito homicide Hi! I've been lurking on Websleuths for a LONG time and finally joined. This is my first post--I hope I do it correctly! :) Thanks for the site and allowing me in!

When I watched the interview that BL's sister, Cassie Laundrie, gave Monday, 10/4, she made a comment that struck me as odd. Maybe it's nothing at all except a common "turn of phrase", but I've never heard it in the way or context that she used it and wondered if it could have possibly been a "Freudian slip"... She said, "I'm in the boat where I'm getting ignored by my family and thrown under the bus by my family's attorney,"... I've heard the common saying "I'm in the same boat", when someone is having the same experience or feelings as someone else, but I have never heard what she said.

It just immediately struck me as an odd expression, and not in context, and made me wonder if A BOAT was planned for, or used by BL in his GOING MISSING. I'm curious if it struck anyone else that way. I'm certainly not accusing her of anything, just curious about the use of that particular phrase in the interview.

I am praying for Gabby's loved ones, a capture or discovery of BL SOON, and hoping for justice for Gabby--even though NOTHING short of restoring her beautiful life could possibly come close to justice. All MOO.

EDITING TO ADD: Well, I see that somehow I messed up with my 1st post--it posted twice and I'm not sure how I did it, or how to fix it! Could someone please let me know what to do? TIA!

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Cassie Laundrie unleashes after Gabby Petito homicide

Hi! I've been lurking on Websleuths for a LONG time and finally joined. This is my first post--I hope I do it correctly! :) Thanks for the site and allowing me in!

When I watched the interview that BL's sister, Cassie Laundrie, gave Monday, 10/4, she made a comment that struck me as odd. Maybe it's nothing at all except a common "turn of phrase", but I've never heard it in the way or context that she used it and wondered if it could have possibly been a "Freudian slip"... She said, "I'm in the boat where I'm getting ignored by my family and thrown under the bus by my family's attorney,"... I've heard the common saying "I'm in the same boat", when someone is having the same experience or feelings as someone else, but I have never heard what she said.

It just immediately struck me as an odd expression, and not in context, and made me wonder if A BOAT was planned for, or used by BL in his GOING MISSING. I'm curious if it struck anyone else that way. I'm certainly not accusing her of anything, just curious about the use of that particular phrase in the interview.

I am praying for Gabby's loved ones, a capture or discovery of BL SOON, and hoping for justice for Gabby--even though NOTHING short of restoring her beautiful life could possibly come close to justice. All MOO.

Last edited:
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Cassie Laundrie unleashes after Gabby Petito homicide Hi! I've been lurking on Websleuths for a LONG time and finally joined. This is my first post--I hope I do it correctly! :) Thanks for the site and allowing me in!

I've used phrases like "I'm in a boat w/ no paddles", or "I'm in a boat by myself" very often. I don't read anything into her choice of phrase. IMO

What exactly are the risks of an innocent person talking to LE? Just talking to them, from the confines and protection of his own home. As BL could have and should have done immediately, with his lawyer present. I can see no risk to him whatsoever but maybe I'm not imaginative enough. You can talk to cops with your lawyer present. He didn't even do that.

If he was innocent there would be nothing at all for them to "catch" him saying or doing.

If he was partially guilty there would be, but whatever he did he should take responsibility and tell LE and the Petitos what happened instead of running like a coward.

BL's a privileged young man living with his parents in "good" neighborhood. Nothing was going to happen to him from talking to LE, IMO.
i think that may be conceptually true. However, for someone that may be "anti-establishment" or something along those lines... which I believe Landrie was - the opinion may be very different. Whether his thoughts on the matter were accurate, or not, or justified, or not, they would still be his perspective. Given that type of thinking, I can ablsolute fathom that he would not want to deal with the coppers. Makes no difference if I agree with it or not.

I’m so glad you said this. I didn’t notice it until this morning - “boat” Like my good buddy always says “Words don’t come from a vacuum.” The mouth can’t help but follow the brain…
Eta: Welcome to Websleuths. We’re so happy you’re here to participate.

I find myself being shocked by each offensive statement by SB, the Laundries' attorney. But then I caution myself by remembering who hired him and who must be in agreement with all of his representation. He does work for the Laundries; they are in charge of hiring and firing him. They must agree with his POV. At least they're consistent. Of course this is only my view and opinion.

I’ve never had a situation that required a lawyer speak to the media for me, but in every instance of communication with the other party, I had to approve the messages the lawyers sent them. Even the most basic emails clarifying something simple, I had to sign off that it was what I wanted out there. Does it work the same way with lawyers communicating with the media? I can’t imagine that at least his more official statements like this (compared to the texts to reporters).

I know that lots of posters want to see the elder Laundries as decent people who are simply following what their attorney tells them, but he is speaking FOR THEM with these statements. I can’t imagine the Laundries, if they are just nice simple people who are/were worried about Gabby, are sad she died, and horrified at what their kid did, but are now trying to find their son, being OK with some of the stuff their mouthpiece is putting out there.

If they have to give their approval for what he shares with the media and his official statements, the bizarre stuff he says is exactly what they want to be said. Otherwise we would see them issue their own statement through a family appointed spokesperson or they would retain a new lawyer and issue a statement clarifying things, right?? The fact that they haven't tells us these are the words they want us to hear.

If a "guy". drops a girl over something like this, he's not grown up enough to be in a man-woman relationship.

Men do not always "pursue". women. Sometimes relationships involve mutual attraction and sometimes (often, IME), women pursue. men.

I. don't know how I ever. would have stopped my dad from anything, except by moving out entirely on my own, going low contact, not having Dad pay for leases or help buy vans for Van Life trips...

Many dads are like that. And many young women find their dads hard to control, in this mild regard.
Like I said, just my opinion. I would have died of embarrassment to see my dad act that way to my friend. But then my dad would never have done that.

Like I said, just my opinion. I would have died of embarrassment to see my dad act that way to my friend. But then my dad would never have done that.
whew, if calling him by a girls name was so mean and caused some kind of trigger in BL thank God he never met my Dad....he would have been in hiding a long time ago lol

These people are PROFITING from the death of 22 year old. Gaining Money, moments of fame on camera, likes, clicks ... How vile!

I’m an entrepreneur to my core, and run two businesses. So I’m always up for making a buck, but only in legal and honorable ways. If I would 100% charge the media to use my lawn and wifi… and then I would give every penny to the foundation that Gabby’s family has started, or split it between that and an established organization that helps people escape DV. That is the only way to feel good about taking money from the media in this situation.

Someone should suggest that to these neighbors.

i remember reading this when rose first spoke out...if the portion bbm is accurate, i wonder if he had worked at all since then, as i have never seen mention of it...moo
Yeah, he's such a go-getter, isn't he?
I wonder what his future plans were, Gabby or not, with having his own place and working? Home-cooking is great, but...
For those of us who went away to college, or got into a good job and left home, I'd bet most would really prefer not to go back home, even with great parents.
Maybe that's part of his schtick -- just let mama (or Gabby) do it. Worthless. If he ever is found, tried, convicted, and in prison for life, it'll be that way again. Three hots and a cot. Ahhhh, that's the life. Grrrrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67