Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am married to an artist and I certainly know and understand how it works. He was not "working" toward art. The art wasn't even his, he was stealing intellectual property.

I am prepared to call him pathetic based on the cause of death alone. We can agree to disagree.

I think calling him pathetic based on the cause of death is much different than calling him pathetic because he lives with his parents.

Many young people live with their parents, it doesn't make them "pathetic". Thats the point I'm seeing being made here.

There are lots of reasons to view BL with contempt.

His behavior to GP that inspired strangers in Moab to call 911 - contemptible
Belittling GP to the LE in Moab - contemptible
His behavior at the restaurant - contemptible
The likely murder of GP - clearly contemptible
The COD (as the consensus is that he was responsible) - contemptible

on the other hand - IMO
Living at home - not contemptible
Working at a grocery store - not contemptible
How he walks - notable for identification but not contemptible
Books he reads - maybe notable for profiling reasons but not contemptible
Art he created as a young person - subject matter maybe notable but not contemptible

Name calling and derision is not helpful, it misdirects the focus away from facts IMO

Eesh, if I worked 50 hours anywhere, I better be getting health and dental... GP was certainly motivated and hustling, a challenge in today's wage shortage world.

BL is not evil, he is a person. His alleged actions are evil. There may be a reason why Brian behaves the way he does, but we simply cannot discuss it here. If Brian's actions were an awful sudden surprise for the Laundries, I could empathize with them.
However,
I don't think Brian's behavior was much of a surprise to them.
This is JMO, my outlook on people and life. There is most certainly evil people in this world. Evil people do evil things. MOO.

First thing I’d do is talk to my son. BL was right there in that not so big house. I suspect getting the attorney had a lot to do with his response.
I think we are assuming that he was at the house when the calls were received. He may well have been out of the house and out of immediate contact with his family.

I suspect they believed him, but were concerned about his responses (thus the lawyer). I have difficulty imagining them thinking him capable of something horrid, but then taking him camping with their grandchildren.

I don’t think they knew then. I think they knew there was a huge problem on Sept 10, when the Petitos sent messages to them.

LOL!! All LE would have had is empirical evidence that BL was speeding and using a vehicle to evade the law. (felony). Just a very slight shift in Gabby's attitude at that moment, and with help from LE instead of their bro-ing the guy, could have resulted in her charging him with vehicular theft. They could have taken him in for the felony.......if only. And she could have continued on, making friends in the campgrounds. Oh, if only we could have seen the video she did after she got rid of him and started healing.

IMO

They had witnesses of the DV tho don't forget.

I don't think Brian's behavior was much of a surprise to them.
SBBM - I am interested in your thoughts as to why they would not be surprised? I have not seen anything in MSM that leads me to think that he had anger management issues or there had been instances of DV in this or previous relationships. There has been nothing other than the Moab stop (which we have plenty of video of the aftermath) and the supposed Merry Piglets episode where we have the thoughts of a blogger/vlogger/SM person.

I think calling him pathetic based on the cause of death is much different than calling him pathetic because he lives with his parents.

Many young people live with their parents, it doesn't make them "pathetic". Thats the point I'm seeing being made here.

There are lots of reasons to view BL with contempt.

His behavior to GP that inspired strangers in Moab to call 911 - contemptible
Belittling GP to the LE in Moab - contemptible
His behavior at the restaurant - contemptible
The likely murder of GP - clearly contemptible
The COD (as the consensus is that he was responsible) - contemptible

on the other hand - IMO
Living at home - not contemptible
Working at a grocery store - not contemptible
How he walks - notable for identification but not contemptible
Books he reads - maybe notable for profiling reasons but not contemptible
Art he created as a young person - subject matter maybe notable but not contemptible

Name calling and derision is not helpful, it misdirects the focus away from facts IMO

I haven't done any of these things. I don't think living at home contemptible. (But freeloading is.) Actually, stealing intellectual property is contemptible. (Any real artist will attest to this.) So I take that back. I have said that now. And as far as reading, I'm happy to see young people reading as a hobby and will not judge anyone for that.

Maybe his answers weren't great (I seriously doubt he confessed anything, but who knows) and the parents were left uncertain and suspicious.
I agree, I believe that's what the Laundries were feeling.
And their first action was to protect themselves. Not to probe the Petito's for more info after it became obvious that Brian's story wasn't adding up.

Judging from comments I've read in these threads, some people are "praying" that he is found alive for the purpose of seeing to it that he is EXECUTED in the name of the people of the United States, considering THAT homicide as justifiable. I do not want anyone to be executed in my name. This is my opinion. jmo
Quite.

Every searcher out there likely has had a weapon, mace, bear spray, etc. You may not see them but they’re there no doubt. I can’t stress enough how dangerous it can be out there. JMO

Are you saying that almost every person who hikes in the nature preserves carry weapons of some kind? When I've read of deaths in nature preserves and national parks it's usually because of falls and unpreparedness (not checking the weather, not advising people where they are going, wrong gear, etc) not from encountering wild animals. Sure, they do happen, but most of those encounters I've seen with alligators are in areas that people are very familiar with like waterways near their homes. Even in Disneyworld a child was killed by an alligator. Even panther attacks are almost none existent.

It's hard for me to envision that the majority of hikers and campers carry weapons.

SBM. In the Moab stop bodycam video I watched, Brian stopped less than 10 seconds after the police lights or siren was activated. Not much evasion going on there IMHO.
IIRC he said he pulled over because Gabby grabbed the wheel. Which, of course, she denied, not even knowing he was claiming that. He hit the curb at high speed after crossing double yellow line. The cops noticed that. And the cop asked him if he was also blaming her for the speeding, if she pressed on the gas. Oh, yeah, had he been an inner city kid, he could have been toast, record, jail, everything.. IMO

Last edited:
I suspect they believed him, but were concerned about his responses (thus the lawyer). I have difficulty imagining them thinking him capable of something horrid, but then taking him camping with their grandchildren.

I agree, the parents may have believed BL because he told them a “good story”, and perhaps he shared even more, which caused them to hire an attorney. However, I don’t believe they took BL camping WITH the grandchildren. From my understanding of what CaL has shared was they (CaL, hubby and grandkids) only visited the campground, with BL and his parents, for a few hours on the 6th … it sounded like they’d gone there to have a BBQ or something similar. JMHO …

Like a million from me too. I can't figure out how to answer a post from another thread so regarding the "don't talk to LE advice" I see from so many: if it's true that no one should talk to LE, then we have a completely broken system. If it's being suggested that LE can't be trusted to not get false confessions from people like it's a hobby of theirs, I could not disagree more. And from my perspective, if you are innocent you have nothing to worry about. Seriously. Nothing.

It's, literally, in the Constitution. If you consider exercising your rights under the law to be "broken," it was built broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela