Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can think is that she was at some nearby café doing vlog stuff and he was scouting out the campground for a spot...but it looks pretty remote out there so how far could a café be? jmo
They couldn't have gone to town without losing their "spot". It wasn't even a legal spot, after all. You can't expect to leave a free spot anywhere, come back, and expect it to be yours some more.
IMO they went to that restaurant right before they grabbed that space. Or maybe they had a numbered spot one night, left it to sightsee, went back, and "their" spot had been taken, so they improvised with the pull over.

Yes, they have a history of hitting each other. I don't know if there was DV involved, I think a lot of people are projecting their personal history into what they see on the bodycam video, but it does appear that there was mutual battery (when domestic partners both use any deliberate and unlawful force or violence against each other). So, with the documented history of mutual battery, even if she had his DNA under her fingernails, can it be proven that it wasn't from a fight they had before he hiked off? I can see reasonable doubt with that too. Although, any DNA under her nails was probably outside too long in the elements to be useful, from what I've heard experts say.

ETA: It's interesting that the couple who picked BL up and the other woman who picked him up hitchhiking didn't say they saw scratches (defensive wounds) on his face.

I admit that I see the MOAB videos through the lens of my personal experiences (I’m betting a lot of us have been taking many unpleasant trips down memory lane since watching those… And I am hoping anyone still living this draws the insight, knowledge, and strength needed to help them safely extract themselves…). Still, I didn’t rely on my memories and feelings—I also researched. From websites set up to help victims and inform the public, to scholarly articles: this hour plus captured on film was “textbook” for both victim and perp. I implore anyone with even a lingering doubt about what the dynamics and details portrayed: please read up on DV/DA!

It makes perfect sense to me. I can pull up my adult child's bank account and see all transaction activity. I don't deposit money, I transfer it from my own bank account if necessary. And when I see activity that looks suspicious, I first phone the adult child to see if they are aware of it. I wouldn't be suspicious if the charge was in the area where I knew they were traveling.

I've had fraudulent charges appear on credit and debit cards. We've also been victims of credit card skimming while traveling and using gas pumps at truck stops. JMO
That's why I always attempt to pull the car reader off the pump before I use it. The skimmer will come off if you pull hard enough.

Agree. A caring partner would not leave his girlfriend in a campground alone. I know some women camp alone and are fine, but I would not feel comfortable doing that myself and I wouldn't recommend it. I've seen some extremely questionable people in campgrounds and you never know who is around you or what they might do when night falls. JMO
But a caring partner doesn't strangle their girlfriend to death, either. If he left GP alone, it could be yet another form of abuse.

I guess I'm missing something very basic in this case. I feel like the few known details we have are simply not enough to nail anything down, so there's room for varying ideas. Clearly, my mind goes in directions that are unwanted here at this time. I'll step back and hopefully BL is found soon and GP's family can get real answers.

Was that fugitive so unlucky that he decided to hide in a remote reserve right when the FBI, the US Marshalls and the local SAR canines were searching for a murder suspect? I guess he doesn't watch the news?
I’m thinking that also: He did not watch or read news (being a fugitive) and was unaware of the manhunt on for Laundrie.

The truly horrible thing is that he looked so much like Laundrie, and trail cams picking up his image at night probably caused them to keep going back to the reserve. They’ve stopped now. Simply horrendous.

I just want to ask, for those of you who doubt, or do not believe, that BL killed Gabby, why do you doubt it ? I would really like to know.
This is a good question! For me, it isn't really that I doubt that BL did this, it is that the facts aren't plentiful enough to prove he did, meaning I don't have enough facts to prove that someone else wasn't involved, yet.

There are too many gaps in information and other potential possibilities still hanging around for me to make up my mind completely, just yet. At least is why I remain on the fence. MOO. Thank you for asking. I am also curious what others think.

They couldn't have gone to town without losing their "spot". It wasn't even a legal spot, after all. You can't expect to leave a free spot anywhere, come back, and expect it to be yours some more.
IMO they went to that restaurant right before they grabbed that space. Or maybe they had a numbered spot one night, left it to sightsee, went back, and "their" spot had been taken, so they improvised with the pull over.

Such a good way of putting it.

As they did all this (going from place to place until they got to Gabby's final resting place, when it became...just one person going onward) in a way that we do not know at this point in time. They could have done a lot of driving - but they certainly were there on the 27th August (illegal campsite Spread Creek) and I strongly believe that the van was still there when BL hitchhiked back to Spread Creek on August 29.

I want to thank you for drilling down into the NF campground information for that period.

Also, Gabby's friend Rose told the dailymail that Gabby admitted to her that she had slapped Brian, and that he pushed her after an argument over Gabby going out with Rose, and that Gabby was going to call Rose on her birthday AUGUST29th!......to meet up with them in Yellowstone.

Rose said Brian was jealous of their relationship. Could this have been the reason they were fighting? And not the incident at Merry Piglets?

I was about to pose this question myself. Could the “last straw” have been an argument over meeting up with Rose in Yellowstone? BL was said (by Rose) to have sabotaged at least 1 night that GP and Rose were supposed to go out, wonder if his jealousy or possessiveness got to him? All MOO and thinking.
re-read this article. curious about the supposed meet up with Rose. was she going to camp with them? Travel in the van?
I have the same questions…meet up, then what?

I saw this today for the first time. Sorry if it's old news...

"Petito and Laundrie eat at the Merry Piglets Grill for dinner, with a manager saying the couple arrived on foot and did not have a van in the parking lot. The manager said she spoke to the couple extensively and multiple times during the meal, denying that the couple caused any commotion, but did not characterize the conversation further."

Gabby Petito Case: What We Know About Timeline of Events So Far
I thought they were there for lunch..... How are they finding a free camp spot if they're there for dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay