Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They couldn't have gone to town without losing their "spot". It wasn't even a legal spot, after all. You can't expect to leave a free spot anywhere, come back, and expect it to be yours some more.
IMO they went to that restaurant right before they grabbed that space. Or maybe they had a numbered spot one night, left it to sightsee, went back, and "their" spot had been taken, so they improvised with the pull over.
But the airstream woman (Schultz) said that she saw him drive alone and he was driving really slow on the26th and he pulled over at that spot which was not numbered, to let her pass. Then the next day (27th) she was a passenger in a friends vehicle, and noticed that he had moved the van further in but it was the same spot that he pulled over to the day before. It was her seeing him alone on the 26th that made me wonder if Gabby got dropped of at a café and he was scouting the campground for a spot. I just guessed that because she was sure that he was alone on the 26th. I don't think she saw him when she passed by on the 27th, but we know at some time B&G drove to Jackson to Merry Piglets, and returned to Spread Creek and parked in the same spot, again. jmo

Thanks for the link. Do we know what the medication was prescribed for? Anxiety or something else? I recall GP's friend, RD, saying he sometimes heard voices.

Well yes, she said that. But she didn't have an MRI at her disposal, if you ask me. Also, there are other reasons one night doubt her viewpoint (for one, no one can substantiate and for another, she's been on SM with her own...vibe and so forth).

They couldn't have gone to town without losing their "spot". It wasn't even a legal spot, after all. You can't expect to leave a free spot anywhere, come back, and expect it to be yours some more.
IMO they went to that restaurant right before they grabbed that space. Or maybe they had a numbered spot one night, left it to sightsee, went back, and "their" spot had been taken, so they improvised with the pull over.
But the airstream woman (Schultz) said that she saw him drive alone and he was driving really slow on the26th and he pulled over at that spot which was not numbered, to let her pass. Then the next day (27th) she was a passenger in a friends vehicle, and noticed that he had moved the van further in but it was the same spot that he pulled over to the day before. It was her seeing him alone on the 26th that made me wonder if Gabby got dropped of at a café and he was scouting the campground for a spot. I just guessed that because she was sure that he was alone on the 26th. I don't think she saw him when she passed by on the 27th, but we know at some time B&G drove to Jackson to Merry Piglets, and returned to Spread Creek and parked in the same spot, again. jmo

We don't know that he "needed" medication. During the Moab stop prescribed meds were discussed. He indicated he had not taken them. And the problem for which medication had been prescribed was anxiety.

Laundrie Admitted Refusing To To Take Anxiety Meds After Fight With Gabby - Todayuknews

I don't know if this is allowed, but I'll interject my own experience. First, anxiety is very common. I have had severe anxiety off and on throughout my life, in different degrees, with panic disorder. Any prescribed medication was to make ME feel better, not to protect the public from me. I think people think that people who have been diagnosed with it "need" to be on medication, but with anxiety it's for the comfort of the person suffering from it. And much of it may help, or not. It depends on many factors. I'm not giving anyone medical advice! Medication varies and it may be too much or too little for what the situation calls for and yes it can make you feel very much not like yourself. That's a deal breaker for many people.

Also, some anxiety medication is tranquilizing, so no driving. If BL couldn't drive while on the medication he would not take it if he needed to drive the van.

Anxiety can be very debilitating. It can also be mild. We don't know how bad these guys had it. Neither one of them seemed disabled by it to me. Taking medication for anxiety and depression is a very personal thing and people should not be judged on whether they do or don't.

JMO

Last edited:
This is a good question! For me, it isn't really that I doubt that BL did this, it is that the facts aren't plentiful enough to prove he did, meaning I don't have enough facts to prove that someone else wasn't involved, yet.

There are too many gaps in information and other potential possibilities still hanging around for me to make up my mind completely, just yet. At least is why I remain on the fence. MOO. Thank you for asking. I am also curious what others think.

Thanks for sharing this; but to me if you have not made up your mind it means you doubt whether he did it. But what makes you doubt ?

Proof is for the courtroom. I’m really asking what sleuthers think and why.

I was about to pose this question myself. Could the “last straw” have been an argument over meeting up with Rose in Yellowstone? BL was said (by Rose) to have sabotaged at least 1 night that GP and Rose were supposed to go out, wonder if his jealousy or possessiveness got to him? All MOO and thinking.

I have the same questions…meet up, then what?
I'm thinking the last straw was an argument over if they should park in that illegal camp spot.

Published Oct. 16

Coroner Dr. Brent Blue released Gabby’s cause of death as strangulation, but couldn’t release any more information due to Wyoming law.

He refused to reveal several details about the autopsy's findings including:
  1. the condition of her body
  2. if her body was buried
  3. whether any drugs were found in her system
  4. whether she was killed in the same spot her body was found
He confirmed she was not pregnant at the time of her death - after internet sleuths circulated that theory online in recent days.

Gabby’s parents are expecting to return home to Long Island, New York, this weekend with her ashes, according to Fox.

Gabby Petito's body is released by coroner to Wyoming mortuary for cremation | Daily Mail Online
I don’t think all of the toxicology was, or is, back yet. That could be why he can’t speak to some results. Although it is interesting he was able to determine she wasn’t pregnant. The condition of the remains must have made that possible.

MOO Gabby was probably the only girlfriend he ever had (if indeed there were others) who pandered to his every whim. He used this to gaslight her until she believed that it was her duty to pacify him even if it meant apologizing to the Merry Piglets staff for his behaviour. Her apology may have enraged him further due to his narcissism and sense of entitlement.

Perhaps they cancelled their Sept 1-3 reservation because the weather forecast for the Ft DeSoto area on Sept 1 was heavy rain and thunderstorms all day ?

In FL a brief afternoon shower is typical. But heavy rain, wind, and lightning? I'd skip camping too!
JMO

World Temperatures — Weather Around The World=

True, but the original reservation was for 2, and RL made the next reservation for 3 campers. They were expecting Brian when the reservations were changed.
jmho

The Laundries were not being watched on Tuesday Sept 13. But Mustang reported missing by Brian Entin that day in the evening. Laundrues likely MOO woke up and found BL gone, maybe a note or text from him saying he went to Reserve or they knew it was a favorite spot for him, so they went there, saw Mustang there and looked for him. Left Mustang there with note to BL. Returned the next day, found notice to remove Mustang, so they did. Looked again for him. After thinking about it Thurs, and discussing with SB, they reported him Missing Friday.
Brian Entin is able to corroborate the Mustang gone on Tuesday evening, back Wednesday
But we need to add something else to the above, for context.

What else did the parents know on the 13th? They did know that Gabby was missing at that time. So wouldn't that add a bit more urgency to wondering where their son was age the time?

Maybe I'm just tired. I can't understand why the hard drive would have even been in the Mustang. Who put it there? How did LE know it was there?

LE: Where's B's/G's hard drive, Mr/Mrs L?
L Parents: It's in the Mustang...

the search warrant states that the hard drive was in the van, not the mustang...

I almost wonder if this story is satirical or at least there are some artistic liberties taken? I know it's in the New Yorker...I don't know if they ever do satirical stories. It struck me as a little weird, but I hope it's generally true that the Marshalls are on the lookout too! MOO
I can totally see this happening for real. Long distance hikers don't put up with stuff that looks off. I've had to report someone to LE before on the AT (he was threatening to rape a 17 year old and assault a 22-year-old), and I overnighted at a hostel with someone who was reported by the supervisor. He was on the FBI's most wanted list.
Word gets around....

Keep in mind, too, that AT hikers will very often wear hats. It's getting cool. This may have made hairline a non-comparator.

I don’t understand. A forensic ophthalmologist is a real thing as well as a forensic entomologist. How do you know it’s a mistake ?
It's actually incredible what a forensic entomologist can do! They know that certain insects arrive within minutes/hours of death, know their reproductive stages & duration, & can do tests to see whether there have been multiple generations of that type of insect on the body. From this information, they can tell--apparently within days--how long the body has been dead. For example, the 5 stages of common blowfly takes about 2 weeks to maturity & offspring. So if they see 2 generations of this (genetically, in the insects) they can infer the body has been dead for ~4 weeks (of course, depends on the stage of the 2nd generation in this scenario; for example if 2nd gen is in pupa stage, maybe 3 weeks...)

Not probably relevant to this case, but just another interesting tidbit is forensic entomologists can also examine the contents of insects for toxicology, when a body has been skeletonized. Say there's suspicion a person has been poisoned--that can show up in the insects. I think it's amazing, & I really admire the scientists who can deal with these harrowing conditions in order to provide such valuable information.

Last edited:
It's actually incredible what a forensic entomologist can do! They know that certain insects arrive within minutes/hours of death, know their reproductive stages & duration, & can do tests to see whether there have been multiple generations of that insect on the body. From this information, they can tell how long the body has been dead. For example, the 5 stages of common blowfly takes about 2 weeks to maturity & offspring. So if they see 2 generations of this (genetically, in the insects) they can infer the body has been dead for ~4 weeks.

Not probably relevant to this case, but just another interesting tidbit is forensic entomologists can also examine the contents of insects for toxicology, when a body has been skeletonized. Say there's suspicion a person has been poisoned--that can show up in the insects.

This is amazing and fascinating! Thank you for sharing it. I learned a lot !

I initially thought this could be a possibility, but it doesn't explain why she stayed in a SLC hotel for a week. It was almost as if she was waiting for him to come back. If she was truly wanting to break up with him, I feel she would have left the area. At least headed back to Long Island.
Maybe he hid the van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member