Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The witness at the restaurant, Merry Piglets, said in her interview that she pointed out the confrontation between Brian, Gabby and the staff to her partner. I'm getting that he wasn't aware of what was going on. What I take from that is that it must not have been the screaming match that I had previously thought, based on prior discussions of the incident.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion. If he returned 4 times, angry and still arguing, there it must have been an aggressive situation, on his part at least. And if she came in to apologise, then he was probably out of line.

Her partner not noticing at first does not mean much to me. My husband rarely notices anything like that unless there is a full blown physical altercation. If I see a couple arguing intensely at the next table and quietly point it out to him, he shrugs.

I mean really….If you had just gotten a big old fight with your parents about where are your ex girlfriend was and why are you home with her van and you got a in aa big fight with your parents , wouldn’t you you not like to just run away and not have to deal with anything ? seems the most logical thing to me
He waited for two weeks?

No, a poster here declared that it could not have been 'the screaming match as reported' if she had to bring her partners attention to it. As far as I know, it was never reported as a screaming match.

Only in posts here and in press headlines was it called a screaming match. The person who claimed to observe it didn't call it that.
JMO

You are correct. I misread and it does say GP's parents, not BL's. The post said "If BL goes on trial, I'm betting GP's parents testify and the "gut feelings" of the jury will be they are telling the truth."

But in that case, I'm really not seeing a slam dunk case. GP's parents have given extensive press interviews-- said that they supported the van trip as well as the first trip west, that they had no concerns over the relationship (except for the nickname business from JP) No worries about GP living with the Laundries. While they could testify that they tried to text and call RL and BL for less than 24 hrs but got no answers, I don't see how that convicts BL of murder. Jurors likely would feel sympathy for them as we all do but that doesn't mean they'd vote guilty without more relevant evidence than failure to return phone calls.
JMO
None of this would be relevant in court anyway. Not for BL's trial. The fact that BL's parents did not answer calls from GP's parents has nothing to do with a murder that happened in Wyoming.

It may become relevant if the parents are ever on trial though. imo

I saw this today for the first time. Sorry if it's old news...

"Petito and Laundrie eat at the Merry Piglets Grill for dinner, with a manager saying the couple arrived on foot and did not have a van in the parking lot. The manager said she spoke to the couple extensively and multiple times during the meal, denying that the couple caused any commotion, but did not characterize the conversation further."

Gabby Petito Case: What We Know About Timeline of Events So Far
BBM
Because the couple's didn't cause the commotion, only BL did.

Under good circumstances at a restaurant a manager wouldn't find it neccesary to have to speak to the couple extensively and multiple times during a meal.

In my own opinion I expect that to happen only when there's an ongoing problem with a customer.

This article solidified for me the trouble that BL was making at this restaurant.

Instead they went camping together. Must be the parents were not too upset.

Not answering the other parent's phone calls is perplexing though. If not upset why not answer?
<modsnip>

Could you imagine what would have happened if she was discovered on the 29th or 30th? They would have put out a BOLO for her van and he would have been arrested right then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is the irresponsibility?
Ita.
There isn't any irresponsibility.

Msm chose to publish this, and we can discuss it.
Evidently a big enough commotion was made that it attracted attention.
That in itself is telling and frightening; as it's possible it set in place a train of events that ultimately proved fatal ?
Imo.

Okay, so I believe Brian came home with the van because he knew he had time on his side. No one would know Gabby was missing for at least a week, and it bought him some time. And if he ditched the van, he'd be leaving a trail that led back to where Gabby was. The longer he could keep LE from finding Gabby, the longer he'd have to plan.
So he drove the van home, the family met at Fort De Soto and that's where it makes the most sense that they finalized any plans and said their goodbyes.
Then Mom took Brian to ATT and got him a phone, that's a fact that we know. But why did he leave the phone behind? I can only think the phone was bought as part of the plan. So did finding Gabby so quickly make the family have to do things in a different way?
I don't think Brian drove the car to the reserve. I think his parents drove him somewhere and then parked the car at the reserve as a red herring. It was meant to keep LE busy at the reserve.
So where would they have taken Brian? Bus stop? Airport? Did they get him an uber from downtown? Meet up with a friend who took him on the next leg of the trip?
I keep wondering if he's somewhere in Long Island or if he's somewhere between North Port and Orlando because that trip to visit their attorney made no sense.

BBM
Because the couple's didn't cause the commotion, only BL did.

Under good circumstances at a restaurant a manager wouldn't find it necessary to have to speak to the couple extensively and multiple times during a meal.

In my own opinion I expect that to happen only when there's an ongoing problem with a customer.

This article solidified for me the trouble that BL was making at this restaurant.
Agreed.
It's also possible that LE have told the restaurant staff not to divulge certain elements of the outburst from Brian; as it may be important if this goes to trial ?
Imo.

Okay, so I believe Brian came home with the van because he knew he had time on his side. No one would know Gabby was missing for at least a week, and it bought him some time. And if he ditched the van, he'd be leaving a trail that led back to where Gabby was. The longer he could keep LE from finding Gabby, the longer he'd have to plan.
So he drove the van home, the family met at Fort De Soto and that's where it makes the most sense that they finalized any plans and said their goodbyes.
Then Mom took Brian to ATT and got him a phone, that's a fact that we know. But why did he leave the phone behind? I can only think the phone was bought as part of the plan. So did finding Gabby so quickly make the family have to do things in a different way?
I don't think Brian drove the car to the reserve. I think his parents drove him somewhere and then parked the car at the reserve as a red herring. It was meant to keep LE busy at the reserve.
So where would they have taken Brian? Bus stop? Airport? Did they get him an uber from downtown? Meet up with a friend who took him on the next leg of the trip?
I keep wondering if he's somewhere in Long Island or if he's somewhere between North Port and Orlando because that trip to visit their attorney made no sense.
Good points.
It would be important for investigators know what milage the gps shows for the Laundrie parents' vehicles around this time ?
Anything unusual ?
MOO.

The reason I wonder is because evidence of previous behaviour is sometimes/often not allowed, as the incident (murder) is to be judged on its own.

For the same reason that previous crimes often cannot be spoken of in court, as they may influence the jury due to similar previous behaviour.

Previous behaviours are generally only considered during sentencing.

imo
The video establishes there was a pattern of domestic violence between the couple and GP did end up dead. Even if it isn't allowed, other witnesses can be called who saw them fighting. BL ended up driving her van and using her debit/credit card. JMO

ITA with your theory. Perhaps the ATT phone was always meant to be left behind. I suspect another phone was purchased at some point with cash, by some member of the Laundrie family. Also, cash was used for whatever means was used to get Brian as far away from North Port as possible. The mustang and perhaps other items of BL's were taken to the reserve. BL could literally be anywhere as he very likely was gone days and days prior to being reported as "missing." JMO

Where was Gabby's van parked when it was towed by the FBI? I can't locate it in any thread, was it at the Laundries home? In the driveway? In the garage? At the reserve? In the parking lot? off the road?

I initially thought this could be a possibility, but it doesn't explain why she stayed in a SLC hotel for a week. It was almost as if she was waiting for him to come back. If she was truly wanting to break up with him, I feel she would have left the area. At least headed back to Long Island.

Yeah, it's enough to make you crazy. However, women stay with abusive men for decades. I don't think Gabby was much different from the 3600 women and 400 men who die at the hands of their lover or domestic partner each year. I believe Gabby thought she loved him, pure and simple. She probably stayed at that hotel and waited anxiously for his return. She protected him from the cops and provided him with shelter and in the end, even provided him with the money and means to get back home. Weak abusive men find strong women to protect them. ( If you're old enough, you remember what happened to Ike when Tina Turner finally dumped him. After years of DV, poor sad Ike did nothing, but Tina soared.)

Statistics from the LAPD website.
Domestic Violence: Disturbing Facts about Domestic Violence - Los Angeles Police Department

The video establishes there was a pattern of domestic violence between the couple and GP did end up dead. Even if it isn't allowed, other witnesses can be called who saw them fighting. BL ended up driving her van and using her debit/credit card. JMO

I am not sure what driving the van and using the credit card has to do with the Moab tapes admissibility?

As I have said, I am not talking about BL's guilt. I am speaking of whether the Moab tapes will be admissible at trial. If the defense will fight to keep them out, or if the defense would want them included.

ITA with your theory. Perhaps the ATT phone was always meant to be left behind. I suspect another phone was purchased at some point with cash, by some member of the Laundrie family. Also, cash was used for whatever means was used to get Brian as far away from North Port as possible. The mustang and perhaps other items of BL's were taken to the reserve. BL could literally be anywhere as he very likely was gone days and days prior to being reported as "missing." JMO
They even waited 4 days to report him missing, again buying time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member