Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn’t you need a valid credit card to order through instacart?

Something like a prepaid Visa card would work just fine. And while he would typically have to use a grocery store delivery for most perishables, many staples and supplies can be ordered with fast delivery from Walmart and Target.

Areas outside of a small town, or even inside the town, might not be open for delivery (Instacart type). There are lots of meal delivery services available (UPS /FedEx) if he has enough money to order them.

Being able to use a curbside service opens up more possibilities for anyone with a car, even in a small town, but that would be risky unless someone feels anonymous wearing a mask and hat (you don’t have to get out of the car if you don’t tip). The more that can be dropped at his door, the easier it is to stay hidden.

ETA - He would need a phone or computer/internet for nearly everything ordered.

moo

“The night of the 11th, when the Detective came to my door to let me know that the van was in Florida with him.

“She [the Detective] also said that he [Laundrie] had obtained a lawyer. I almost fell on the ground because I was just like, “Where’s Gabby?” And that was my response to that information. And I just went into shock. I knew something was wrong.”

There is only a single ‘person of interest’ in the case of Gabby Petito — and that’s her finance, who has not been since September 14.

After returning to his parents’ house in North Port, Florida, Laundrie and his parents — Roberta and Chris — requested to remain “in the background” while investigations into Petito’s disappearance continued.

Gabby Petito’s parents reveal what Brian Laundrie was really like | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

It's OK. Because, you know, there's more ways of looking at things than just plain, objective facts that are black and white. Objective facts are very important, but, IMO, using intuition and abstract ideas can often lead to discovery of objective facts that may not have been otherwise discovered. Kind of the way Detective Goren looked at things in L&O: Criminal Intent. MOO.
A million likes for this!

For me, I'm having a hard time thinking kindly and offering the benefit of the doubt to both of BL's parents. In fairness, there is nothing particularly outstanding or offensive about their appearances, their possessions, etc., but in context to the situation, I'm finding all sorts of things to be judgy about. It's our human nature, I guess. Here's what I simply can not get past as a woman.

As a woman and a mother, RL should have called GP's mom *immediately* and told her GP didn't come back with BP; is she with you, is she ok? Or, if she knew GP was deceased, she should have told GP's mom..."Gabby didn't come back with Brian; something is wrong. I don't have all the details, but I wanted to call you immediately"

If she wanted to lawyer up after that, so be it. But a real woman would have called Gabby's mom. Gabby lived in her home! She was part of their family (or was she?). Not calling Gabby's mom is unforgivable. But no, she didn't call GP's mom, and Gabby was left outdoors to be desecrated by wild animals. Evil, pure evil, imo. What type of a woman, a mother, can allow such a thing? (Allegedly)

So it's easy for me to look at them with disdain and contempt and find all sorts of things to be disgusted with. I'm human.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I totally understand and agree.

Wouldn’t you need a valid credit card to order through instacart?

yes—but once an account is established, one can order to any address so long as it is served by the delivery app (at least this is how it works in a grocery delivery app that is nearly identical to Instacart, but is not Instacart). Example my best friend just got Covid weeks ago, and I ordered him some stuff. Order placed under my account, with my card, my name, and the shopper contacted me for questions. None of his info ever came up besides address, and since the pandemic, it is customary that deliveries just be left at a garage or front door – shopper and recipient usually never see each other.
Source of this info: I’ve worked for one of these services for almost 4 years.
IF LE where to look into the family’s finances, several charges from delivery services would not be out of place – if I remember correctly, the media have photographed at least a couple of such deliveries to the family home. However, I also assume/hope that they could dig in to such charges and possibly subpoena more detailed records including delivery addresses MOO

For me, I'm having a hard time thinking kindly and offering the benefit of the doubt to both of BL's parents. In fairness, there is nothing particularly outstanding or offensive about their appearances, their possessions, etc., but in context to the situation, I'm finding all sorts of things to be judgy about. It's our human nature, I guess. Here's what I simply can not get past as a woman.

As a woman and a mother, RL should have called GP's mom *immediately* and told her GP didn't come back with BP; is she with you, is she ok? Or, if she knew GP was deceased, she should have told GP's mom..."Gabby didn't come back with Brian; something is wrong. I don't have all the details, but I wanted to call you immediately"

If she wanted to lawyer up after that, so be it. But a real woman would have called Gabby's mom. Gabby lived in her home! She was part of their family (or was she?). Not calling Gabby's mom is unforgivable. But no, she didn't call GP's mom, and Gabby was left outdoors to be desecrated by wild animals. Evil, pure evil, imo. What type of a woman, a mother can allow such a thing? (Allegedly)

So it's easy for me to look at them with disdain and contempt and find all sorts of things to be disgusted with. I'm human.

I agree. The concern I have is that some will take that anger and contempt over into real life with disastrous consequences.

Some may believe they deserve it but I say let the courts be the judge and jury.

As of now their lives are ruined anyway. The protestors are just perpetuating the hate and nothing good can come of it. IMO.

I realise you weren't discussing the protestors, but I just wanted to use them as an example.

To Gabby's murder? Probably none. To use it as an example of how controlling Brian was, maybe not the best example. IMO

what if it's accurate that she had no friends left other than Rose? Maybe it's a good example?

maybe he was controlling enough to want Gabby to limit contact with her only friend?
( only link I have again is Rose Davis saying that GP contacted her on BumbleBF to say she had no friends - since she moved to Florida)
Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

Just to note that this link has the claim about GP's NY friends
''Her friends from New York were bullying her when she got with Brian,' Rose said. 'It was something about Brian that they didn't like her being with. She was upset about it once. I went through it with her and was like, screw them.'

Last edited:
“The night of the 11th, when the Detective came to my door to let me know that the van was in Florida with him.

“She [the Detective] also said that he [Laundrie] had obtained a lawyer. I almost fell on the ground because I was just like, “Where’s Gabby?” And that was my response to that information. And I just went into shock. I knew something was wrong.”

There is only a single ‘person of interest’ in the case of Gabby Petito — and that’s her finance, who has not been since September 14.

After returning to his parents’ house in North Port, Florida, Laundrie and his parents — Roberta and Chris — requested to remain “in the background” while investigations into Petito’s disappearance continued.

Gabby Petito’s parents reveal what Brian Laundrie was really like | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site
Thank you for sharing the 60 minutes article. Reading it makes this situation all the more sad. It reinforces my speculation that BP has some sort of condition (he admitted to not taking his meds to Moab LE) that caused him to spiral out of control. Sad, very sad situation all around.

@lxmx V for Venice!?

Their Dyrt account could've been 'Gabby and Brian V' as in Gabby and Brian from Venice.

If that is the case then it would back up the theories that they lived in that condo there.

JMO

Ok but would you buy an initial coffee mug with the initial of the town you lived in? I would not. The mug bothers me more than the name on the Dyrt account.

Wait a minute… did someone mention way back that V was the initial of RLs maiden name? If so, perhaps it was her mug from before she was married? Not sure how long they’ve been married and how old the mug would be, but I guess that could be a possible explanation. All MOO.

What about Amazon? Would there be any way to track his purchases? IMO all sites are tightening the reigns with sign up, log ins ,and accounts.
Hell, I'm literally in a frenzy with mine since my husband died.
I know, boo- hoo, but my sleep # bed won't adjust, my shark robot vacuum won't get online, Hulu and Netflix are sketchy and I am at a loss! I'm not techy!
However, I'm sure he and his purchases c a n be traced, if he is shacked up somewhere !
MOO

I think this could be quite possible. MOO.
Quite, quite. In the numerous interviews with other friends and co-workers the common theme of the relationship being up/down with low lows and high highs, no one but Rose ever mentions BL being controlling. It could very well be that BL simply had a personal dislike of Rose specifically as opposed to being controlling in general. imo

what if it's accurate that she had no friends left other than Rose? Maybe it's a good example?

maybe he was controlling enough to want Gabby to limit contact with her only friend?
( only link I have again is Rose Davis saying that GP contacted her on BumbleBF to say she had no friends - since she moved to Florida)
Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online
Rose is an interesting character, for sure...but if we look through Gabby's social media accounts, it is clear she had other friends in her life. (Takes some poking around)

Most have made their accounts private now, maybe the FBI has requested that or maybe it was chosen for other reasons. And heck, maybe social media isn't a good reflection of having friends, at all, and it just appears that way to me. MOO.

I agree. The concern I have is that some will take that anger and contempt over into real life with disastrous consequences.

Some may believe they deserve it but I say let the courts be the judge and jury.

As of now their lives are ruined anyway. The protestors are just perpetuating the hate and nothing good can come of it. IMO.

I realise you weren't discussing the protestors, but I just wanted to use them as an example.
Yours is a very important post. *No one* should be harassing BL's parents, and LE should disperse that crowd. If for no other reason, they are disturbing the peace for the other residents in the neighborhood. The L family should board that home up, hire a security guard to watch it, and leave. Perhaps at some time they can move back in, but who knows when, if ever. The mere fact that they are staying there is seemingly a nose-thumbing act, and just fanning the flames.
Even CL mowing the lawn seemed nose thumbing. He could have had someone else do that. What's wrong with these people? My opinion only.

Ok but would you buy an initial coffee mug with the initial of the town you lived in? I would not. The mug bothers me more than the name on the Dyrt account.

Wait a minute… did someone mention way back that V was the initial of RLs maiden name? If so, perhaps it was her mug from before she was married? Not sure how long they’ve been married and how old the mug would be, but I guess that could be a possible explanation. All MOO.

Maybe they used it as a Peace sign? Like holding up two fingers in the shape of a "V"? Probably not at all accurate, lol! MOO.

All good points but I have no idea why where and when they lived in Florida has any bearing on why Gabby was left dead in a field in Wyoming.
Situation awareness. I think it sheds a slightly different light on their relationship if they lived alone together in the condo instead of with BL's parents or sister's family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89