Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

Even though the house was sold, most of it definitely looked staged to me, but I've noticed the following:
  • Pic.3 - there's a lady wearing a red top standing in the hallway much the same build as RP. I've enlarged and made it lighter. Do you think it could be RL? She may have done the staging. Notice the scarf/shawl draped over the chair. The decorative pieces at the bottom of the mirror look very similar to the little ornaments Gabby had in the van.
  • Pic. 6 - there are some spectacles in a dish/bowl on top of the shelf/snack bar to the right of the box of tissues.
  • Pic. 9 - Double bed and a bike against the wall.
  • Pic. 10 - Same room as pic.9 from different angle showing bike with water bottle and helmet. (We know that both BL and RP ride bikes)
  • Pic 11 - Man's reflection in mirror. Different colour top to the woman.
  • Pic.15 - The things hanging on the line look like those used by RL (I forget what you call them). Is that a storage cupboard on the far wall!
  • Pic 16 - Looks like another storage cupboard at the other end.
View attachment 317730

IMO the furnishings, particularly the bedspread, are not those which Gabby or BL would buy so I can only assume that they were either owned or hired by the Laundries. Maybe they were moved to other properties as required for sale purposes. I think it's quite possible that Gabby and BL could have been living here.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...r-Unit-40_Venice_FL_34285_M66781-15815#photo0
All good points but I have no idea why where and when they lived in Florida has any bearing on why Gabby was left dead in a field in Wyoming.

Brian Laundrie’s attorney says he has “no idea” on the location of the storage unit Brian Laundrie visited in August amid his cross-country road trip with girlfriend Gabby Petito.

“Brian flew home to Tampa from SLC on 08/17 and returned to SLC on 08/23 to rejoin Gabby. To my knowledge, Brian and Gabby paid for the flights as they were sharing expenses,” the statement said.

He added, “Brian flew home to obtain some items and empty and close the storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending the road trip.”
Brian Laundrie’s lawyer reveals what he knows about mysterious storage unit

Sleuths question Brian's mysterious 'storage locker' he flew home to clean out

Brian Laundrie 'flew to Florida to empty a storage unit five days after fight with Gabby Petito' | Daily Mail Online
His sister has reported it was a storage locker, so I am not sure where all the reports of storage units or units of storage is coming from.

Yes lots of images of his own lino cuts on his SM accounts and of the prints onto paper. ( It's a very basic next step to print onto fabric instead of paper)

Anyway, if he or she was hanging his lino-cuts up there, maybe that helps establish that he or the couple have lived there at some point?

I agree. I can't imagine that lino-cutting is very common, so that would be a strange coincidence if they weren't his!

MOO

Brian Laundrie’s attorney says he has “no idea” on the location of the storage unit Brian Laundrie visited in August amid his cross-country road trip with girlfriend Gabby Petito.

“Brian flew home to Tampa from SLC on 08/17 and returned to SLC on 08/23 to rejoin Gabby. To my knowledge, Brian and Gabby paid for the flights as they were sharing expenses,” the statement said.

He added, “Brian flew home to obtain some items and empty and close the storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending the road trip.”
Brian Laundrie’s lawyer reveals what he knows about mysterious storage unit

Sleuths question Brian's mysterious 'storage locker' he flew home to clean out

Brian Laundrie 'flew to Florida to empty a storage unit five days after fight with Gabby Petito' | Daily Mail Online

eta:
Laundrie flew to Tampa, Florida, from Salt Lake City on Aug. 17, according to Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino.

Laundrie "flew home to obtain some items and empty and close the storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending the road trip," Bertolino told CNN.
Oct. 12, 2021 Gabby Petito's autopsy report

Whether a separate storage unit existed or not or whether or not this connects to the 259 Fenwick Dr Unit 40 property sale , I've always thought this storage moving was a cover story. That any moving of possessions which may have actually happened in that week was later retro-fitted to explain the real reason for his flight back home in August.

Just speculation of course but suspicion was furthered by Cassie L's comments & Rose D's comments on the number of times that GB&BL fought leading to GB going to stay at Rose's.

CL's first TV interview? She stopped herself & wtte said ' that's what he usually did when ..... I shouldn't be saying this' ( will see if I can find a link & edit it in )
RDavis - think it was 7 times in one year?

ETA. RD link
Rose Davis claimed it was approx 7-10 times 'Within the first year' (I assume RD meant within first year of RD befriending GB, so early 2020 until 2021)
Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

ETA thanks @imstilla.grandma for adding the Cassie TV interview transcript, in her post below

Last edited:
Whether a separate storage unit existed or not or whether or not this connects to the 259 Fenwick Dr Unit 40 property sale , I've always thought this storage moving was a cover story. That any moving of possessions which may have actually happened in that week was later retro-fitted to explain the real reason for his flight back home in August.

Just speculation of course but suspicion was furthered by Cassie L's comments & Rose D's comments on the number of times that GB&BL fought leading to GB going to stay at Rose's.

CL's first TV interview? She stopped herself & wtte said ' that's what he usually did when ..... I shouldn't be saying this' ( will see if I can find a link & edit it in)
RDavis - think it was 7 times in one year?
Cassie Laundrie: I … that’s obviously the most important thing as a parent is that you want to protect your children.

Question: Did the police say anything else about …?

Cassie Laundrie: No, I only had their initial questions and I wasn’t contacted and, and every time they want to get back to me, I’m waiting here for them to have my number.

Question: Did you know the van was back and you are …?

Cassie Laundry room: No.

Question: So you didn’t know he came back without the …?

Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he was home, because that’s what he did when he was – actually, I don’t mean that.

Questioner: No problem. No problem.

Cassie Laundrie: I think it’s more police stuff.

Question: Okay, uh, but is it like his behavior to go on a trip with her and then leave her somewhere like something like that has never been …?

Cassie Laundrie: No, I mean. No, nothing like this has ever happened before.
Brian Laundrie's sister Cassie Laundrie breaks silence on Gabby Petito case | ABC Exclusive
*Transcript

Yes lots of images of his own lino cuts on his SM accounts and of the prints onto paper. ( It's a very basic next step to print onto fabric instead of paper)

Anyway, if he or she was hanging his lino-cuts up there, maybe that helps establish that he or the couple have lived there at some point?
If you're talking about the flags that were hanging in the condo, those are Tibetan prayer flags, not lino cuts of original artwork. https://www.amazon.com/Zazen-Tibeta...t=&hvlocphy=9009749&hvtargid=pla-817162608221

There is a couple of problems with that narrative above, imo. For example, I have never heard that she had a camp right there near where she was found. In fact, we heard her tell the cops that she was very afraid of sleeping alone in the van. So I doubt she ever told him to go ahead and leave her while he went off on a mini vacay alone.

Also, he had her phone with him when he was traveling home. He sent a text or two from it. One text was pretending to be her. That does not fit with the above 'innocent' narrative.
I am not sure we have any proof she/they were alone for the reasons you state here. If they were planning to meet Rose along the way, why not others, too? I realize we see no hints of such a thing with information we have right now, but I just can't rule that out as a possibility just yet. MOO.

All good points but I have no idea why where and when they lived in Florida has any bearing on why Gabby was left dead in a field in Wyoming.
Speculation: I’m wondering if the Laundries bought this alleged speculated house condo for Gabby and Brian to live in and when the wedding fell through, decided to sell it. I also noticed there is no fencing around this possible location. Access through the greenbelt to this house seems very easy if someone wanted to get in there undetected. This house is also close to the Publix and Taco Bell as well.

@Angels Advocate I don't know how to carry your question over from the previous thread, but you asked:

"I just want to ask, for those of you who doubt, or do not believe, that BL killed Gabby, why do you doubt it ? I would really like to know."

For me personally, it's not necessarily that I don't believe BL killed GP, it's more the lack of evidence that he did.

I've said all along that I'm not willing to close and seal the lid on Brian killed Gabby 'box', not until there is irrefutable evidence that proves that he did it.

If I was on a jury I couldn't convict him beyond reasonable doubt, not when there are so many OTHER plausible possible alternative theories that could be presented by the defence.

MOO

Yes could be those, I couldn't see enough detail.
The Tibetan flags also look very similar to the 'bunting' hung in the tent ( The Dyrt photos from another NPark visit, tent pitched under the shade pergola) What do you think?
Yes, Tibetan prayer flags are very popular (heck, I even have some) and have a very specific appearance, and my immediate thought when I saw them in the tent was that those were also Tibetan prayer flags. From what little I've heard Gabby say, about yoga, and her "vibe," and her "energy," my sense is that Tibetan prayer flags are something she would have liked.

That said, I do not think that the condo was hers or full of her things. I think that the condo was bought by the Laundries as an investment (as other properties were), and that they had a renter living there when the listing photos were taken. The flags just seem like a coincidence to me, due to their popularity. The rest of the things in the condo don't have a "Gabby vibe" to me, based on the way she decorated the van.

MOO.

So just caught up with the condo developments. IMOO if the condo was BL’s parents, BL could have used this as a controlling tactic, do what I say or I’ll kick you out and maybe that’s why GP went to roses after rows with BL. Also when we previously believed GP lived at the laundries house I have always wondered how the parents could not have seen any bad arguments etc as DV goes on for a prolonged amount of time usually, now we know (if rose is to be believed) that the parents might not have known about any previous abuse/arguments, so could explain why they believed whatever story he spun to them. Definitely interesting to me. MOO

ETA - what I said about the controlling tactic could also explain why GP was distressed when BL wanted to take away the van (her home)

Last edited:
Yes, Tibetan prayer flags are very popular (heck, I even have some) and have a very specific appearance, and my immediate thought when I saw them in the tent was that those were also Tibetan prayer flags. From what little I've heard Gabby say, about yoga, and her "vibe," and her "energy," my sense is that Tibetan prayer flags are something she would have liked.

That said, I do not think that the condo was hers or full of her things. I think that the condo was bought by the Laundries as an investment (as other properties were), and that they had a renter living there when the listing photos were taken. The flags just seem like a coincidence to me, due to their popularity. The rest of the things in the condo don't have a "Gabby vibe" to me, based on the way she decorated the van.

MOO.
Yes I couldn't find anything else in those Realtor photos which looked either Gabby or Brian. Also not sure that the bike is necessarily a young person's bike. ( The P.I's comments about the bike & it being a walk-up condo)

A propos nothing at all except curiosity, I wonder if Brian actually did yoga? ( the vanlife vlog where he's posing next to yoga mat) Maybe he'd started recently or it was more of a pose for SM.

ETA - have deleted the history of properties just in case in contravenes ToS

Last edited:
@Angels Advocate I don't know how to carry your question over from the previous thread, but you asked:

"I just want to ask, for those of you who doubt, or do not believe, that BL killed Gabby, why do you doubt it ? I would really like to know."

For me personally, it's not necessarily that I don't believe BL killed GP, it's more the lack of evidence that he did.

I've said all along that I'm not willing to close and seal the lid on Brian killed Gabby 'box', not until there is irrefutable evidence that proves that he did it.

If I was on a jury I couldn't convict him beyond reasonable doubt, not when there are so many OTHER plausible possible alternative theories that could be presented by the defence.

MOO
I agree. I don’t think any of those things were Gabby and Brian’s. Maybe bought as an intentional “flip” house. Maybe the kids liked it and expressed interest and they changed their intentions. Keeping in mind, where were Gabby and Brian going to live when they returned to North Port? I really think his parents wanted the best for these two. I think they really loved Gabby but when it came to making a choice - Brian…

I have looked and haven’t seen this linked yet, apologies if I missed it.
Gabby Petito's fiancé has resources to get out of US illegally, friend says
I know we heard briefly from a HS friend of BL and they friends father but it wasn’t anything much. This article is a bit odd as well IMO, they don’t give names and talk about how BL was heavy in school. But they do discuss what countries BL would be interested in going to and how they think he had the resources-this piece seems odd to me-what normal law abiding friend do you have that you think could get a hold of fake identification? Just sat different with me I guess?

Snipped by me
"I think he'd be able to put the resources together to get out of the country, either illegally or under some sort of a fake identification,” the friend told The Sun.

“He's the type of person that would be able to drop everything to secure his means of not being captured and to evade arrest or evade prosecution from what seems to be a pending crime."

They also discuss the countries he may go to and why.

RSBM

Even though the house was sold, most of it definitely looked staged to me, but I've noticed the following:
  • Pic.3 - there's a lady wearing a red top standing in the hallway much the same build as RP. I've enlarged and made it lighter. Do you think it could be RL? She may have done the staging. Notice the scarf/shawl draped over the chair. The decorative pieces at the bottom of the mirror look very similar to the little ornaments Gabby had in the van.
  • Pic. 6 - there are some spectacles in a dish/bowl on top of the shelf/snack bar to the right of the box of tissues.
  • Pic. 9 - Double bed and a bike against the wall.
  • Pic. 10 - Same room as pic.9 from different angle showing bike with water bottle and helmet. (We know that both BL and RP ride bikes)
  • Pic 11 - Man's reflection in mirror. Different colour top to the woman.
  • Pic.15 - The linocuts hanging on the line look like those used by RL . Is that a storage cupboard on the far wall!
  • Pic 16 - Looks like another storage cupboard at the other end.
View attachment 317730

IMO the furnishings, particularly the bedspread, are not those which Gabby or BL would buy so I can only assume that they were either owned or hired by the Laundries. Maybe they were moved to other properties as required for sale purposes. I think it's quite possible that Gabby and BL could have been living here.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...r-Unit-40_Venice_FL_34285_M66781-15815#photo0

Of course it's JMO but I don't see it. As @Newsjunkiejen pointed out these could be 2015 pictures. And that's true but I kind of doubt it myself. Would look like bait and switch I think. Not that a buyer would be buying the furniture but different decor would be weird when viewing the condo. And the pictures are SO bad! I'd burn them not reuse them. For house flippers the Laundries know zilch about staging. Why so much knickknack stuff is left in place, I can't imagine unless there were non-family tenants in place. And what's with that weird blue wall? Staging usually means declutter and use neutrals. Maybe brighter colors are ok in FL but cluster isn't.

1. I can't imagine anyone would choose that bedspread to stage a house for sale. Its too taste-specific. And I can't imagine it could be a "required" bedspread.

2. No bookcases. Not even empty ones. Everybody says BL is a big reader.

3. There's seems to be an aquarium. (See kitchen pass through view) I could see getting mom or dad to come over every week to water plants (I guess) but whatever is living in that aquarium can't eat just once a week I wouldn't think. Of course, at least some of the interior plants look fake. The palm in photo with the RL lookalike can't be real. Look at the pot size. It's miniscule.

4. I can't believe the artists G & B would be into stylized shoes like those prints framed in the bedroom and the ceramic shoes strewn about. (See kitchen pass-through, for example. My grandma had some like that.) There's also a kitchen print of a goose that says Red Goose Shoes. Whoever lived there liked shoes, that's for sure.

5. Looks like the glasses you spotted are reading glasses (on the wall hung kitchen table) But no one needs those in their 20s. Do either wear regular glasses?

6. Fairy/woodland elf sculpture on microwave?

7. Doilies on some furniture (chest type thing in living room, for example)

Just doesn't look like B&G 20-something we-are-artists decor to me.
JMO

His sister has reported it was a storage locker, so I am not sure where all the reports of storage units or units of storage is coming from.

I have no idea if GP and BL ever lived in the condo (I agree the furnishings don’t fit). It looks either staged for sale or with the amount of decorative clutter and toiletries it is the then current occupants items.

However the listing does include this little item:

Exterior and Lot Features
  • Balcony
  • Rain Gutters
  • Storage
  • Road Surface Type: Asphalt.

• Maybe they had plans to live there and had stored some items in the condo storage. When condo sold in July the new owner wanted that space cleared out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member