Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about property. With instacart and COVID, he very well could be at any previously uninhabited location. Squatting, I guess.
A condo or townhouse is very possible. He would need running water, but I think he could get by without electricity, unless for whatever reason it's been left on.
Yep, IMO that's where he is hiding out.
Some location known by him from whoever.
"Close" to parents?
MOO

Late to the party, but that banner on the condo deck looks like Tibetan prayer flags to me:

71siMlI-CgL._AC_SS450_.jpg

image from Amazon.com

jmho ymmv lrr

Of course it's JMO but I don't see it. As @Newsjunkiejen pointed out these could be 2015 pictures. And that's true but I kind of doubt it myself. Would look like bait and switch I think. Not that a buyer would be buying the furniture but different decor would be weird when viewing the condo. And the pictures are SO bad! I'd burn them not reuse them. For house flippers the Laundries know zilch about staging. Why so much knickknack stuff is left in place, I can't imagine unless there were non-family tenants in place. And what's with that weird blue wall? Staging usually means declutter and use neutrals. Maybe brighter colors are ok in FL but cluster isn't.

1. I can't imagine anyone would choose that bedspread to stage a house for sale. Its too taste-specific. And I can't imagine it could be a "required" bedspread.

2. No bookcases. Not even empty ones. Everybody says BL is a big reader.

3. There's seems to be an aquarium. (See kitchen pass through view) I could see getting mom or dad to come over every week to water plants (I guess) but whatever is living in that aquarium can't eat just once a week I wouldn't think. Of course, at least some of the interior plants look fake. The palm in photo with the RL lookalike can't be real. Look at the pot size. It's miniscule.

4. I can't believe the artists G & B would be into stylized shoes like those prints framed in the bedroom and the ceramic shoes strewn about. (See kitchen pass-through, for example. My grandma had some like that.) There's also a kitchen print of a goose that says Red Goose Shoes. Whoever lived there liked shoes, that's for sure.

5. Looks like the glasses you spotted are reading glasses (on the wall hung kitchen table) But no one needs those in their 20s. Do either wear regular glasses?

6. Fairy/woodland elf sculpture on microwave?

7. Doilies on some furniture (chest type thing in living room, for example)

Just doesn't look like B&G 20-something we-are-artists decor to me.
JMO
I needed reading glass In my 20’s I’m long sighted and I’d get terrible headaches when reading. I personally think the property was furnished rather than BL and GP furniture.

Of course it's JMO but I don't see it. As @Newsjunkiejen pointed out these could be 2015 pictures. And that's true but I kind of doubt it myself. Would look like bait and switch I think. Not that a buyer would be buying the furniture but different decor would be weird when viewing the condo. And the pictures are SO bad! I'd burn them not reuse them. For house flippers the Laundries know zilch about staging. Why so much knickknack stuff is left in place, I can't imagine unless there were non-family tenants in place. And what's with that weird blue wall? Staging usually means declutter and use neutrals. Maybe brighter colors are ok in FL but cluster isn't.

1. I can't imagine anyone would choose that bedspread to stage a house for sale. Its too taste-specific. And I can't imagine it could be a "required" bedspread.

2. No bookcases. Not even empty ones. Everybody says BL is a big reader.

3. There's seems to be an aquarium. (See kitchen pass through view) I could see getting mom or dad to come over every week to water plants (I guess) but whatever is living in that aquarium can't eat just once a week I wouldn't think. Of course, at least some of the interior plants look fake. The palm in photo with the RL lookalike can't be real. Look at the pot size. It's miniscule.

4. I can't believe the artists G & B would be into stylized shoes like those prints framed in the bedroom and the ceramic shoes strewn about. (See kitchen pass-through, for example. My grandma had some like that.) There's also a kitchen print of a goose that says Red Goose Shoes. Whoever lived there liked shoes, that's for sure.

5. Looks like the glasses you spotted are reading glasses (on the wall hung kitchen table) But no one needs those in their 20s. Do either wear regular glasses?

6. Fairy/woodland elf sculpture on microwave?

7. Doilies on some furniture (chest type thing in living room, for example)

Just doesn't look like B&G 20-something we-are-artists decor to me.
JMO
Agree, It's not IMO a home anyone in their 20's, would decorate like that. It's very overdecorated, like someone who had to downsize to become a snowbird, and brought as much as they could stuff in a condo with them. It's too much stuff for minimalists, a heavy dark look to everything, a bajilliion knick knacks, so I'm with you. The only thing missing is the crotched doll that covers the extra toilet paper roll! I didn't spend but a minute looking at the pics and felt overwhelmed with the decor. JMO.

I agree about property. With instacart and COVID, he very well could be at any previously uninhabited location. Squatting, I guess.
A condo or townhouse is very possible. He would need running water, but I think he could get by without electricity, unless for whatever reason it's been left on.
Yep, IMO that's where he is hiding out.
Some location known by him from whoever.
"Close" to parents?
MOO
Or…this location could also be close to where he possibly might have done some work alongside a…relative

So just caught up with the condo developments. IMOO if the condo was BL’s parents, BL could have used this as a controlling tactic, do what I say or I’ll kick you out and maybe that’s why GP went to roses after rows with BL. Also when we previously believed GP lived at the laundries house I have always wondered how the parents could not have seen any bad arguments etc as DV goes on for a prolonged amount of time usually, now we know (if rose is to be believed) that the parents might not have known about any previous abuse, so could explain why they believed whatever story he spun to them. Definitely interesting to me. MOO
Of course I don't know what the truth of their living arrangements is, but for what it's worth:
- All of her parents have said she was living there
- She uploaded a short video of the two of them in the Laundrie back yard
- Her "previous address" is listed as being the Laundrie's house in the missing person report filed by her mother
- His sister has said that GP lived at the Laundrie's current house
- Neighbors said that they saw the couple there (one mentioned seeing them working on the van in the driveway)

<modsnip - no link for image source>

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it's JMO but I don't see it. As @Newsjunkiejen pointed out these could be 2015 pictures.

JMO

If you have never seen; there are pictures online of Gabby seemingly wearing glasses. Don't know if they are required or not but she could have needed them.
As for the furniture and decor, I think it all came with the place, at least in those pictures. Have seen many condos in FL that sell fully furnished myself

I needed reading glass In my 20’s I’m long sighted and I’d get terrible headaches when reading. I personally think the property was furnished rather than BL and GP furniture.

Oh, ok. I've never known anyone to need reading corrections so early without needing glasses in general. Thought that was a middle-aged inflexible lens thing. Thanks

Could have been furnished. But if they lived there the decor still surprises me. And if that's not theirs either, then I wonder what had to be moved?

JMO

It seems like there are a lot of posts about this condo that have materialized based on nothing more than the fact that the Laundries owned it and that there are pictures in a real estate listing from the time of sale. Can someone help me understand why we are talking about this, and whether there is any evidence to suggest that it relates to Gabby in any way, other than as a theory? The idea that she lived there seems to be taking on a life of its own. MOO.

Of course I don't know what the truth of their living arrangements is, but for what it's worth:
- Her "previous address" is listed as being the Laundrie's house in the missing person report filed by her mother
- Neighbors said that they saw the couple there (one mentioned seeing them working on the van in the driveway)

I do understand all of what you have said, perhaps they stayed in the condo until it was sold, as house sitters, so it wasn’t empty. I’m not sure how reliable rose is, I know people have mentioned on here before that they didn’t think she seemed reliable. My theory was based on if it were true it would make a sense to me. Definitely strange that GP’s parents said she lived with laundries and now rose is saying different. MOO

I do understand all of what you have said, perhaps they stayed in the condo until it was sold, as house sitters, so it wasn’t empty. I’m not sure how reliable rose is, I know people have mentioned on here before that they didn’t think she seemed reliable. My theory was based on if it were true it would make a sense to me. Definitely strange that GP’s parents said she lived with laundries and now rose is saying different. MOO
I read the article several times and didn't see anything about the condo, other than that the article had a link to the condo's real estate listing as an interesting aside because the Laundries owned it. I don't think Rose even said they lived in it, did she? And now I can't find the article, so if anyone has a link handy, that would be wonderful.

ETA: I was looking at the wrong article (which did have a link to the listing). For others who are also confused, here's the article in question. That said, I am not sure I believe Rose over Gabby's parents. I would need to see what she said to know whether the Sun - which is rather "casual" in its journalistic standards -- misquoted Rose. New details about home where Gabby & Laundrie lived are revealed by her friend

Last edited:
It seems like there are a lot of posts about this condo that have materialized based on nothing more than the fact that the Laundries owned it and that there are pictures in a real estate listing from the time of sale. Can someone help me understand why we are talking about this, and whether there is any evidence to suggest that it relates to Gabby in any way, other than as a theory? The idea that she lived there seems to be taking on a life of its own. MOO.
It seems to stem from
New details about home where Gabby & Laundrie lived are revealed by her friend

Oh, ok. I've never known anyone to need reading corrections so early without needing glasses in general. Thought that was a middle-aged inflexible lens thing. Thanks

Could have been furnished. But if they lived there the decor still surprises me. And if that's not theirs either, then I wonder what had to be moved?

JMO
I do not think Gabby and Brian ever lived there. I think they may have wanted to at one point but knew they couldn’t afford it at the time. Decisions could have then been made to sell property. I double believe that Brian was well aware of his whosever’s property and other empty condos here, especially if he also could have possibly maybe did some odd jobs for extra cash on the side. Speculation…

eta: I came on to this area early by simple sleuthing. I’m just now finding out that Rose mentioned something about another living area. I also want to read that article.

*ETA after reading Rose article. I do believe the couple stayed there at some point if even a kiss and make out spot to be alone or spend the night sometimes.

Last edited:
Agree, It's not IMO a home anyone in their 20's, would decorate like that. It's very overdecorated, like someone who had to downsize to become a snowbird, and brought as much as they could stuff in a condo with them. It's too much stuff for minimalists, a heavy dark look to everything, a bajilliion knick knacks, so I'm with you. The only thing missing is the crotched doll that covers the extra toilet paper roll! I didn't spend but a minute looking at the pics and felt overwhelmed with the decor. JMO.

:D I know taste is personal but that posts sums it up for me.

<modsnip - rumors not permitted>

Back on topic though, it wouldn't surprise me at all to later find out if the couple had spent time living in an empty Laundrie property at some point, same as daughter Cassie also had lived at Wabasso before she moved into her own property

Last edited by a moderator:

JMO
I have glasses that look like Harry potters they’re so cool haha but in all honesty my parents both need glasses so it’s probably In my genes.
I thought that too, very outdated, not how I’d expect a 20 something couple to decorate, even just the bed covers are not very modern and that is stuff you’d be able to change, kitchen cupboards you probably couldn’t if you were renting. MOO

I do not think Gabby and Brian ever lived there. I think they may have wanted to at one point but knew they couldn’t afford it at the time. Decisions could have then been made to sell property. I double believe that Brian was well aware of his whosever’s property and other empty condos here, especially if he also could have possibly maybe did some odd jobs for extra cash on the side. Speculation…
I'm sorry, I'm not following. How do we know, or why does anyone think, that they wanted to live there?

Something else to think about. If you were going to be married, would you want to live in a small house with your future in-laws. They could have easily wanted their own place for privacy.

eta: I came on to this area early by simple sleuthing. I’m just now finding out that Rose mentioned something about another living area. I also want to read that article.
Here's an article where Rose says that Gabby lived in a condo. If this is what you meant.
New details about home where Gabby & Laundrie lived are revealed by her friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member