Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Moab police stop wouldn’t have been known at that point I’m sure. ETA - unless Gabby told her mom about it, so maybe that was known early on.
Well, generally after a missing person complaint is received her details are punched into a computer and cross referenced first with local LE in the last area she was known to inhabit and all information is visible. That is why I believe they got that immediately.
My net is too slow right now and dying intermittently so I cannot pull the protocols used in NY
IMO

No. That came from a photographer in the KSL Chopper.

Wyoming coroner: Gabby Petito's cause of death was strangulation
When KSL’s Chopper 5 flew over the crime scene that day, a photographer spotted the remains above ground, but covered, possibly by a blanket.

Hiking shoes were on the ground next to the body.
I really appreciate this, I have been trying to find out where the info that she was covered with a blanket came from . Thanks you. I had thought if she were covered at all it may have been with the tarp BL had. Jmo

Well, generally after a missing person complaint is received her details are punched into a computer and cross referenced first with local LE in the last area she was known to inhabit and all information is visible. That is why I believe they got that immediately.
My net is too slow right now and dying intermittently so I cannot pull the protocols used in NY
IMO

Ah yes. I forgot about them having access to that info at the touch of a button lol.

For sure. I’m of the belief that she was either dead or mortally injured in the van when the RV family drove by and captured the van on their dash cam. MOO
So am I. That video is haunting. The first time I saw it I felt the same as you. It is also about what? 1,000 feet from the creek where her body was found? It just all fit. That straw hat on the dashboard really gets to me. Jmo

I wonder if Brian has the same kind of extra phone I have (to watch YouTubes on and for the camera). I have one that is not connected with any number. It uses WIFI. Anywhere there is WIFI, I can use email and the net. It can't get texts or make calls. It can go online and it can do Zoom, forums, chat bots, etc. I wonder if that is the kind of phone he has? I would think it would be very very hard to trace or follow.

I think the prosecutor’s safest best is pursuing murder in the second degree.

There are usually one of three situations that will make up second degree murder:
- A killing that is done impulsively without a plan, but with malice aforethought.

- A killing that results from an action that was intended to cause serious harm.

- A killing that occurs from an act that shows the person’s indifference to human life.
2nd Degree Murder Laws & Charges | Federal Charges.com

BL stole GP's debit/credit card, he stole her phone. I don't believe the U.S. attorney is going to have a hard time prosecuting this case as first degree murder. jmo

I think the prosecutor’s safest best is pursuing murder in the second degree.

There are usually one of three situations that will make up second degree murder:
- A killing that is done impulsively without a plan, but with malice aforethought.

- A killing that results from an action that was intended to cause serious harm.

- A killing that occurs from an act that shows the person’s indifference to human life.
2nd Degree Murder Laws & Charges | Federal Charges.com
Even if he has more than sufficient evidence for Murder 1?

Oh - well then, you haven't been reading the speculation here. Yes, people are speculating that her death was more or less an accident - an unintended outcome of some other, less serious crime.

As for how big something has to be, to be a felony. in Wyoming (whose laws also matter here, as Federal Jurisdiction may include crimes not specifically in Federal statutes, as long as they are state statutes in the place where the crime was committed).

I really have no clue if Wyoming has a felony murder rule.

But I am very much intending to address the issue of Gabby not being fully strangled (woke up later, then dies of something else or is killed by someone else), or Gabby's death is unintentional (she's pushed down by BL and the rocks that hit each side of her neck are somehow wedged against her arteries; thereby he didn't really murder her).

Indeed, in some jurisdictions, attempting to strangle someone or assaulting them in a manner such as to cause serious injury is itself a felony. Often a pretty serious felony.

So even if, as some claim, BL walked off toward Colter Bay not knowing that Gabby was dead, having merely intended to push/shove/smoosh her again...I think he's got a felony in there somewhere.

I can't really discuss my theories about what frame of mind (in BL's mind) could produce any such outcome, hopefully the patient reader will think of those, as it is interesting to do that exercise.

I also don't believe she was unconscious in 10 seconds, but that's a different post.

There could also be introduced the erotic asphyxiation defense, hopefully n but probable IMO.
Oh - well then, you haven't been reading the speculation here. Yes, people are speculating that her death was more or less an accident - an unintended outcome of some other, less serious crime.

As for how big something has to be, to be a felony. in Wyoming (whose laws also matter here, as Federal Jurisdiction may include crimes not specifically in Federal statutes, as long as they are state statutes in the place where the crime was committed).

I really have no clue if Wyoming has a felony murder rule.

But I am very much intending to address the issue of Gabby not being fully strangled (woke up later, then dies of something else or is killed by someone else), or Gabby's death is unintentional (she's pushed down by BL and the rocks that hit each side of her neck are somehow wedged against her arteries; thereby he didn't really murder her).

Indeed, in some jurisdictions, attempting to strangle someone or assaulting them in a manner such as to cause serious injury is itself a felony. Often a pretty serious felony.

So even if, as some claim, BL walked off toward Colter Bay not knowing that Gabby was dead, having merely intended to push/shove/smoosh her again...I think he's got a felony in there somewhere.

I can't really discuss my theories about what frame of mind (in BL's mind) could produce any such outcome, hopefully the patient reader will think of those, as it is interesting to do that exercise.

I also don't believe she was unconscious in 10 seconds, but that's a different post.

I look forward to that exercise, as I have a theory or two I will add. ;)

Any further confirmation on whether GP and BL actually lived in the Venice condo?

If they did live there for a few months that would certainly seem to explain the possible "storage locker" situation (that never made any sense to me) since that house closed at the end of July 2021 - after they were gone. MOO
[259 Fenwick Drive, Unit 40, Venice, FL 34285 | Compass]

But why the secrecy? We know from public reports posted here that GP moved to FL in 2019. CL stated GP and her brother lived with her family at Wabasso for a year.

CL closed on her home in September 2020 [https://www.trulia.com/p/fl/lakewood-ranch/12231-hollybush-ter-lakewood-ranch-fl-34202--2036877970] And, it appears the parents moved in when she left. We all assumed from MSM reports that BL and GP simply stayed on at Wabasso. The neighbors certainly never mentioned them as having moved out. MOO But if it's true that they left Wabasso and moved to the Venice condo, they only lived there for about 9 months. And they still spent some of this time at Wabasso fitting out the van into a makeshift camper. MOO
I thought GP's parents said in the interviews that GP lived with Laundrie parents. MOO Anyone recall or know if that's been linked?

Both could be true, of course - that they lived with both the parents and later in Venice.

There could have been a crossover where BL and GP stayed on at Wabasso (maybe Venice wasn't vacant) but moved there later for a few months. This would make their time at Venice even shorter. All MOO.

With all the talking SB seems to do, why would he never mention that GP did not live with the parents? MOO I find the whole secrecy situation so odd. JMO

I think it was not mentioned because there was an overlap and they probably were not in Venice for very long. MOO IMO JMO

Maybe the condo was not mentioned by the attorney because the couple always resided on Wabasso with BLs parents. jmhoo

NS filled out a Missing Persons report for her precious daughter. When she did, it was the Laundrie's Wabsso address that was used as Gabby's previous address prior to that of her own in NY.

Also, if you track the multiple purchases of condos made by the Laundries in the last, say five years, it details all but one of them has been sold. This was a method for them to earn extra income; not to supply Gabby and BL with a free condo to reside in. jmhoo.
MOO

Thanks, I was responding to another poster who made statements to the contrary of the link you provided.
There are some reports that contradict others. Can make it difficult to suss out what's true.
I am going off what the helicopter cameraman said in that article because he would be the one to know what he saw most acurately

That's not the one I mean, thanks tho'.
It was billed as the TV crew that made the original film which showed her body and immediately deleted it had given an exclusive viewing to this one guy..
Somebody is bound to remember it.

That is the one. Quote from the article:

"While KSL has elected not to make that particular part of the video public, we did show it to someone who had worked numerous homicides."

link: Wyoming coroner: Gabby Petito's cause of death was strangulation

Although, as I just posted, in my view nothing was deleted from anywhere. They never showed her body on live TV. I never saw any proof and nobody ever described the scene as described here.

Last edited:
There are some reports that contradict others. Can make it difficult to suss out what's true.
I am going off what the helicopter cameraman said in that article because he would be the one to know what he saw most acurately

As am I. Anything else is hearsay, IMO.

I'm pretty sure there is no "deleted footage." I have always felt there was no footage shown that was later deleted and the fact that absolutely nobody mentioned Gabby's hiking shoes/boots prior to now proves that, as far as I'm concerned.

the tv station that recorded the footage from the helicopter has stated that they are not sharing a portion of it with the public because it shows her body and the hiking boots...the link posted by @customCF includes video and a written recap stating this...it also includes statements by a former SLC prosecutor commenting on that "deleted" footage, as they requested his input on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1