Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #68

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The relationship with SB the real estate attorney i am guessing has served the L family well. JMO
Understatement of the hour. Maybe even the last month or two. Me thinks this acquaintance has long reach to others possibly holding their own ulterior motives to help Brian elude the FBI’s capture - with a bonus perk of the public possibly losing confidence in the FBI. imo

Isn't that the FBI's job to gather all the evidence in order to bring charges? The FBI isn't just fiddling around hunting for this guy because they have nothing better to do with their time.

More will be revealed when/if he's finally caught and charged with the crime of murder. The public will then learn of all the evidence against BL during the trial. None of us here can convict him of murder based on not knowing all the facts of evidence that the FBI has and because we are not the jury in a trial.

I don't believe it's any sleuthers job to find that evidence as if we were LE. That's not our job. Mostly we are here to throw out ideas, find a accurate timeline, and figure out facts that are true, not dismantle the facts to fit our personal narrative.

My opinion differ's from your's but I respect what you have to say, but I refuse to lie to myself about what the known facts that we are privy to aren't true.

The two things that give me serious doubts of his innocence.

1. He went on this trip with his girlfriend. He returned to Florida without her not notifying anyone in LE that his girlfriend went missing somewhere in Wyoming, refusing to talk to LE.

2. He told his parent's he was going for a hike on 9/13 and never returned. Now LE is forced to find him dead or alive. A innocent man wouldn't have run from either circumstance. Leaving Wyoming without his girlfriend and going on a hike in Florida and never seen or heard from again. These are 2 facts that are really hard to overcome IMO.

I don't believe I suggested that it is the job of a sleuther to find evidence in an investigation instead of LE. I never said that.

I said until evidence is presented to the contrary, I cannot 100% think that BL killed GP. As you rightly point out, if this goes to trial, the evidence will be revealed at that stage. This is why I said the evidence as it stands is not sufficient for me. I'm open minded and if further, more concrete evidence is produced then I'm more than willing to fully believe that BL is guilty.

Additionally, I don't believe I've dismantled any facts to suit my own personal narrative.

Finally, you say "None of us here can convict him of murder based on not knowing all the facts of evidence that the FBI has". I think you'll find that plenty of people here have already figuratively 'hung, drawn, and quartered' Brian Laundrie, and have 100% convicted him in their own minds, regardless of the facts and evidence presented.

I won't apologise for keeping an open mind - I think it's what sleuthing is all about.

MOO

A business relationship for so many years, yes. And maybe more than business?

And it would certainly be interesting to consider all the properties outside of Florida in case there are any they held onto, are still renting out but am sure that FBI have covered all of that. ( Although personally I still can't shake the possibility that he may have killed himself by now - just cause he'd know he can't take prison)

So many what ifs in this case, that I may as well add another one....
Without the Laundries doing real estate, would Gabby have ended up in Florida at all?

We know how hard it is for today's young generation to get on the property ladder & rent is costly. I just get the feeling that BL would have used his parents' property-holding safety-net to help get GP to move away from her parents. If I was the mother of a murdered daughter I think this would add to my resentment, just being human.

Seems a lifetime ago but I dated a guy who years after our breakup killed his best friend in a DWI car crash. As his court date neared, and after leaving his lawyer's office, he went home and hung himself. Same reason as you stated above, he couldn't do prison.

IMO Gabby had been in this same up and down relationship for years, it was familiar to her, and behavior's that were cropping up may have seemed normal, or at least acceptable to Gabby. She had no previous experience in relationships,, so she had nothing to compare this one to.

The Moab stop may have been her first interaction with LE and it was dealing with a serious accusation of DV. It may have been the 1st time she started realizing that hey, maybe this behavior wasn't normal, that she was the one being accused of being the aggressor, and it might have frightened her to think about if she should be in a unhealthy relationship.

Obviously I don't know what impact that police stop had on her, or even if she was even aware of this relationship not being normal since she took complete blame for all that happened that day.

I do believe if she had been able to continue growing as a person, she would have come to a realization that this was not a relationship she wanted to continue in. She may have started realizing she was outgrowing him, with or without DV involved. But I doubt she was able to make that decision during this trip because she was so set on making her dreams come true to the exclusion of everything else.

Too bad BL didn't give her that chance to start growing up and dumping him. I would be shocked if he's found dead but I won't be surprised, he may not be able to handle all the guilt associated with this crime and the thought of going to prison. JMO IMO

I agree about property. With instacart and COVID, he very well could be at any previously uninhabited location. Squatting, I guess.
A condo or townhouse is very possible. He would need running water, but I think he could get by without electricity, unless for whatever reason it's been left on.
Yep, IMO that's where he is hiding out.
Some location known by him from whoever.
"Close" to parents?
MOO

Wouldn’t you need a valid credit card to order through instacart?

are you guys talking about the rainbow squares hanging from a line? I’m pretty sure those are Tibetan prayer flags; they come printed that way and are easy to come by. IMO though not impossible for BL to have made his own linocuts for them to make their own. Apologies if you’re talking about something else completely

ETA also interesting for them to be a common theme in both condo and tent. I find them to be fairly popular (and yes, even at campsites) but in this case a bit too many other things surrounding the condo point to them having stayed there at least a while for it to be 100% coincidence MOO

Those are definitely Tibetan prayer flags

Does anyone know if they FBI are back at the preserve today? I still find it odd that training was happening during an active manhunt the other day, wouldn’t it be dangerous for novices to be in a position where they could get hurt, say if BL was armed? I said at the time this was going on with the police tape, imagine how GP’s family would have felt if they watched the news and saw police tape going up, seems so odd to me, maybe they found some sort of evidence. MOO

Does anyone know if they FBI are back at the preserve today? I still find it odd that training was happening during an active manhunt the other day, wouldn’t it be dangerous for novices to be in a position where they could get hurt, say if BL was armed? I said at the time this was going on with the police tape, imagine how GP’s family would have felt if they watched the news and saw police tape going up, seems so odd to me, maybe they found some sort of evidence. MOO
Everything about this search is odd. They do not close down the reserve to the public even though BL could be armed and dangerous. The father being brought to the reserve to search for his son?!
The Mustang being left at the reserve was obviously to divert LE. The parents driving the car home a few days later? Pfft!

Has the FBI even put out wanted posters of BL? Warned the public to be on the lookout and do not approach BL if you see him as he could be ARMED and dangerous? You know, these standard public messages we all know so well?
Something is off and has been about this entire search for him. I am really starting to doubt that they are really searching for him at all. JMO

BBM
It is odd.
Perhaps the trainees weren't novices but it was some sort of an advanced training exercise?
IDK
jmho

The media said that the police tape at a few spots was an attempt to keep the media out. Brian Entin talked about it in one of his live videos.
The training was just strange. Can't imagine the feds allowing that to happen at an active search area.

Indeed and so it's just a coincidence there's another set hung in the tent on one of their stops (link upthread)
Could it be they were helping renovate the condo, maybe with an intent to live there. But for some reason the plans changed.....

ETA: Good to see you :).

I don’t want to say he is insane or anything, he went home, he’s hiding, he used her credit card.

"I mean, that’s not someone who has gone crazy. He knows what he is doing."

Before Gabby set off on her intrepid road trip across the United States, she had warned her to keep safe.

But she said: "I felt safe because she was with Brian and felt she would be OK. I thought he would take care of her."
Gabby's mom wants Brian Laundrie to be 'locked up for rest of his life'

Understatement of the hour. Maybe even the last month or two. Me thinks this acquaintance has long reach to others possibly holding their own ulterior motives to help Brian elude the FBI’s capture - with a bonus perk of the public possibly losing confidence in the FBI. imo

Isn't it true that most criminals think they are smarter than LE until they are caught? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18