Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose you could survive that long, but there would have to be a lot going in your favor. The odds of hypothermia are staggering if you aren’t well-equipped (heck, in that amount of time, even if you’re very well equipped). You’d need water and food. There’s also no sign either member of the couple had backcountry experience…
I would venture to bet whatever nefarious thing happened, took place in the “front country”, not out in the wilderness.
A couple of years ago, Angela Hernandez miraculously survived for a week after a horrible incident in which her car plunged off a cliff in Big Sur, CA. She was able to drink water from a creek in the area. Survival against all odds is remotely possible. However, BL not reporting GP missing, returning to FL with the (her) van, immediately hiring an attorney, and refusing to answer any questions really tells the story for me. MOO.

Well, he said he wanted to go to "Jackson" and offered a large sum of money for the ride. We know he didn't mean Jackson, WY because he got out when he understood that's where his ride was headed. Jackson, ID is a 5.5-6 hour drive away which would make the the offer of the 200 bucks sensible. It's also on the Snake River, which he said he'd been following:

jackson idaho to grand teton national park driving at DuckDuckGo

Maybe someone else recalls when that sighting in Idaho was. Perhaps they went to Idaho after leaving Yellowstone. If that's the case (and I'm only speculating), these are long distances.

The only alleged sighting in Idaho of which I'm aware was earlier, on the way in to GTNP - less than an hour away. It was reportedly on August 25 or 26 - before all this happened.

1) Can you even see the parking lot where he got out of the couple's jeep who gave him a ride?
2) If the van was in Jackson 200 miles away how did he get to where he was when given a ride by the couple?
MOO
The van was parked at Jackson Dam? ‍♀️

Well, he said he wanted to go to "Jackson" and offered a large sum of money for the ride. We know he didn't mean Jackson, WY because he got out when he understood that's where his ride was headed. Jackson, ID is a 5.5-6 hour drive away which would make the the offer of the 200 bucks sensible. It's also on the Snake River, which he said he'd been following:

jackson idaho to grand teton national park driving at DuckDuckGo

Maybe someone else recalls when that sighting in Idaho was. Perhaps they went to Idaho after leaving Yellowstone. If that's the case (and I'm only speculating), these are long distances.

The only alleged sighting in Idaho of which I'm aware was earlier, on the way in to GTNP - less than an hour away. It was reportedly on August 25 or 26 - before all this happened.
Ok...cancelled. Something is up, very recently. imo

This may explain why BL's family is not talking. GP's dad probably showed up there and was threatening enough for the cops to get called. I'd assume that BL had no idea that she wasn't contacting her folks. I don't get the sense that he was that close to her parents so he's not going to call them to say they broke up. It could well have been the first time he heard that she may be missing. Sure, I get why GP's dad would be like WTF, you've been here a week and didn't call the cops? His answer would probably have been, "I assumed she was ok. but she wasn't answering my calls. I'd think there would be missed calls from BL on GP's phone if that were the case. But he may also not have called. It may have been a traumatic enough break up that he didn't want to talk to her either. And why would he call her parents to announce that they broke up? Only after being confronted by BL's dad and learned she was missing may be when he lawyered up and clammed up.

I think maybe he had found the van and called them so he could take possession of it. They came out on the 10th and a follow up on the 11th to impound.

1) Can you even see the parking lot where he got out of the couple's jeep who gave him a ride?
2) If the van was in Jackson 200 miles away how did he get to where he was when given a ride by the couple?
MOO
The van was parked at Jackson Dam? ‍♀️

I agree here too, gut feeling, no facts, BUT SOLELY based on if the TTVid Hitchhike with Baker is TRUE, that this vicinity is the last known area and time that they were together. Note their last separation very well could have been day before 8/28. He may have used 12-24 hours to cover tracks, dispose, travel etc.. back to where he was picked up. BR does not come across to me as that smart at his age but I believe he may have carefully planned/pre-mediatated this beginning around the time they were pulled over by police in Moab. reasons for pre-meditated are unknown, could be numerous and many have been mentioned, pregnancy, etc...
I do not believe it was premeditated, or that he was smart/calm enough to cover his tracks perfectly. The text location on 8/30 will be a very important factor.

But you made me think….Pregnancy premeditation…..

1) He's in a psych ward.
2) He's out of the region or country.
3) They are lying.

One of these three possibilities -

All BL family statements seam all planned. “Obviously, me and my family want Gabby to be found safe,” --- statement really means nothing when she says she hasn't talked to her brother. She is providing some type of cover.

A couple of years ago, Angela Hernandez miraculously survived for a week after a horrible incident in which her car plunged off a cliff in Big Sur, CA. She was able to drink water from a creek in the area. Survival against all odds is remotely possible. However, BL not reporting GP missing, returning to FL with the (her) van, immediately hiring an attorney, and refusing to answer any questions really tells the story for me. MOO.
Not in the harsh elements where they were visiting.

They may just have video/electronic footage of BL somewhere that isn't at the double-murder homicide. So essentially at least he has an alibi for that crime.

I hope you're right - but last I heard, we really didn't know when the women were murdered (maybe now we do) as their bodies weren't found for five days after they were last seen. So BL would have to have had an alibi for several days; maybe did did -

BL’s sister, Cassie:

“"I wish I could talk to him," Cassie Laundrie said. “I’ve cooperated every way that I can. I wish I had information or I would give more.” ...

Probably no better indication to me that it is certain BL has done something very wrong. Why? Because being cut off from communicating with him is undoubtedly the atty telling the family no one can speak with her - it'll destroy privilege and she can be compelled to give evidence.

KUTV2news
@KUTV2News

·
13m

BREAKING: Grand County Sheriff's Office has determined the Gabby Petito missing person case is not related to the double homicide of Crystal Turner and Kylen Schulte.
https://twitter.com/KUTV2News/status/1438984550995017728
im so glad this has come out, never thought it was a possiblity to begin with, this is something that happened between these two lovers and the other two women could have probably beat little cry baby Brian up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734