Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the coroner also gave the most probable TOD as the 27th, which leaves 5 days before and 2 days after almost as if there was more than just science dictating the latest TOD. I think the defense might argue strongly against coroner's finding of the 29th.

Yes - and that's the Coroner's job (to use information not available in the actual autopsy). Context of the findings, times and dates of known appearances, even phone records.

I think if there is ever a trial (BL would definitely do better to do a plea bargain, IMO), if the defense tries to quibble over actual dates, that's not going to influence many or any jurors, due to the ease of establishing an overall narrative that is so much like many other successful murder cases. Keep it simple (for the prosecution). If all the defense has is their own medical person saying some later date is possible, that's not going to help much.

I think, due to the nationwide publicity, this case is something of a slam-dunk and BL will do well to argue it down to second degree murder or whatever the jurisdictional charge is that corresponds to Crime of Passion (third degree in CO and CA, but I don't know about federal charges or WY).

I think they believe they can prove she was dead before he used the cards, or else they wouldn't be able to convict him on the fraud. I think they have solid information that we don't know about that shows Gabby was already dead at the time he used the card(s).

MOO

It would be fraud if she were still alive today. It would just not be likely that they would be aware of it, or inclined to prosecute.

He's going to have to appear. Unless it is dismissed prior. Person making the claim must have some knowledge that the location of the posting was not his property. If this is the case it would appear only the city or town would have the right to remove it. MOO

I think the person making the claim has a desire to kickstart her 15 minutes of fame.

Yeah, those flexible, finger-shaped rocks that wrap around the neck!!!!!

Aargh, I posted on the cusp of the thread closing and was only partway through my reply to @10ofRods.

I didn’t mean to quote myself, but I’m responding to @10ofRods post about some theories that have been posited, which IMO are a really far-fetched way to exonerate BL. JMO!!!

Also in reply to 10ofRods, but can’t bring over your quote…you said you were frustrated that the coroner’s report is sealed, because as a scientist you’d love to examine what is in that report.

Well c’mon now, you have a doctorate in an adjacent field….we need you to get yourself assigned to this case!!!!!! Lol

ETA: I see my previous post carried over...I can't get the timing right...you win, thread!!!!

Last edited:
Need lawyers to weigh in on this please. Aren't homicides occurring in the commission of other crime or attempted crimes such as rape arson robbery....considered 1st degree murder? Could the importance of the warrant for use of Gabby's cards after her death get tied to the commission of robbery of said cards?

You're going down the Felony Murder Rule path again. And, IMOO, as stated earlier, FMR does not apply in this case - and it is not needed. If BL is charged in this case chances are very good IMO that he's looking at a 1st or 2nd degree murder charge - it all depends on what they have and what they know. For reasons stated in other threads I had always doubted this would be a capital case not because it doesn't qualify, but because those cases are HARD and there are likely challenging proof problems here to sustain it. Because of this, it was MOO that SB should have known this and counseled his client to surrender. If he had he may have even fashioned a plausible manslaughter charge. Now BL's flight tanks his chance at those lesser included offenses. This is MOO. Not legal advice.

Sharing this info (with permission from OP) that has come up in the thread for another case. If you rewatch Moab stops, this may provide an interesting filter through which to consider BL mannerisms. IMO

DUPING DELIGHT

Duping delight is a particular micro expression a person will display that betrays a sense of enjoyment they are getting out of controlling and deceiving another person. It is a very important expression to watch out for in catching dishonesty in a person. In fact it is a form of body language pretty much exclusively reserved for pathological character types such as psychopaths.

The phrase was coined by the psychologist and body language expert, Dr Paul Eckman, and was defined by him as “the pleasure we get over having someone else in our control and being able to manipulate them”.

Duping delight most often manifests as a grin or a smirk which will flash across a person’s face, and is usually completely inappropriate to the situation or the topic that is being spoken about. The psychopath is either about to lie, or is lying to someone and they are believing it, and the smirk is a leaked expression of pleasure that they are getting away with it.

Yes - and that's the Coroner's job (to use information not available in the actual autopsy). Context of the findings, times and dates of known appearances, even phone records.

I think if there is ever a trial (BL would definitely do better to do a plea bargain, IMO), if the defense tries to quibble over actual dates, that's not going to influence many or any jurors, due to the ease of establishing an overall narrative that is so much like many other successful murder cases. Keep it simple (for the prosecution). If all the defense has is their own medical person saying some later date is possible, that's not going to help much.

I think, due to the nationwide publicity, this case is something of a slam-dunk and BL will do well to argue it down to second degree murder or whatever the jurisdictional charge is that corresponds to Crime of Passion (third degree in CO and CA, but I don't know about federal charges or WY).
I agree that the coroner should use outside data do determine when GP was last seen to work out time of death, but I hope they aren't using outside data on a potential murderers sightings to do it. That would be trying the case before the facts.

Sharing this info (with permission from OP) that has come up in the thread for another case. If you rewatch Moab stops, this may provide an interesting filter through which to consider BL mannerisms. IMO

DUPING DELIGHT

Duping delight is a particular micro expression a person will display that betrays a sense of enjoyment they are getting out of controlling and deceiving another person. It is a very important expression to watch out for in catching dishonesty in a person. In fact it is a form of body language pretty much exclusively reserved for pathological character types such as psychopaths.

The phrase was coined by the psychologist and body language expert, Dr Paul Eckman, and was defined by him as “the pleasure we get over having someone else in our control and being able to manipulate them”.

Duping delight most often manifests as a grin or a smirk which will flash across a person’s face, and is usually completely inappropriate to the situation or the topic that is being spoken about. The psychopath is either about to lie, or is lying to someone and they are believing it, and the smirk is a leaked expression of pleasure that they are getting away with it.

Really interesting in relation to the Moab stop!

I don't think the lawyer knows where BL is, myself.

Wouldn't the lawyer have to recuse himself from one set of clients if he couldn't properly represent all of them? Of course, who knows what this actual lawyer might or will do.

Several threads back, there was a truly robust discussion about ATM cards and banking regulations.

Apparently, it's not legal to use someone else's ATM card, period, full stop. Even with permission. So all of us who have occasionally given our card to a kid or a spouse are...breaking the federal law? Several lawyers weighed in and that's what I concluded.

Don't know about credit cards, but if BL used one on, say August 31, pretty sure it'll be hard to argue that Gabby gave him permission to do so. The best defense won't be timing, it will be proof of permission given (for the CC).

If BL used her iPhone and its wallet to use the ATM, that would require entering the debit card numbers into the phone (which many of us have already done) but then, it would not be okay for BL to use that phone to access an ATM. It will be hard for him to argue that any. purchases he made away from Spread Creek had Gabby's permission, especially if he had her phone - she couldn't give permission for use of the phone OR for use of her debit or credit cards.

I think LE knows a lot about those phones, btw.

I would say if it’s not on his property then it would be tearing up public property?

But public property is property owned by...the public. Things left on sidewalks are, IMO, trash and should be thrown away. It's not okay to put things on sidewalks or medians where I live. FL may. be different though.

DUPING DELIGHT

Just to add that if you watched the CA or Jodi Arias trial you may remember seeing them manifest this behavior. It is a knowing smirk, so pleased with themselves because they feel they are deceiving people and they think they are so superior to everyone. Jmo

My post got deleted so here i will repost with links and same explanation:
Pictures taken from MLS of 5100 Linksman match with Brian’s Instagram pics. The floor windows 100% match. The kitchen cabinet doors and above it 100% match.
Lived with Cassie and family for a while.
Before April 2020 Moved out to linksman
Oct 2020 Cassie moved to their new house
Oct 2020 laundrie parents move to wabasso
March 2021 linksman gets sold
Gabby Brian move back to wabasso so only with parents for couple months at wabasso.
246610853_10224680705078585_5123313596924875905_n.jpg
246278691_10224677278032911_6930460056165184543_n.jpg

Links : 5100 Linksman Place, North Port, FL 34287 | Compass
MSM Link: Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed
Instagram : gabspetito , bizarre_design_
Tiktok: https://www.tiktok.com/@nomadicstat...73637?lang=en&is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1

DUPING DELIGHT

Thank you so much for this. We should be taught this stuff in grade school!

Just to add that if you watched the CA or Jodi Arias trial you may remember seeing them manifest this behavior. It is a knowing smirk, so pleased with themselves because they feel they are deceiving people and they think they are so superior to everyone. Jmo
I always thought ted bundy had that smirk on documentaries I’ve watched.

Thread 70, and meanwhile I had been clinging to him being found or surrendering by the end of Thread 50. I wonder if SB isn't negotiating a surrender because it would jeopardize his "other" clients - the parents. MOO. This is why each one of them should be receiving representation by independent counsel. This is a situation fraught with peril for this attorney IMOO.
That just may be it….

I cannot watch the Moab vid beyond ten mins as it’s just too upsetting for personal reasons. Does BL smirk often? I can imagine he does but I’d rather someone tell me rather than make an assumption.
I can't watch it either. I did watch the very first of the video, but I can not watch it beyond 5 minutes. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l