Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A dry bag is something you take hiking or camping—it doesn’t indicate, to me, something he would have taken if he didn’t intend to spend some time outdoors. I’ve never used my dry bags in a non-hiking/camping situation.
When I do multi-day hikes, I take one dry bag for trash, one that holds all my food and the dog’s food, and one that holds spare battery packs and charging cables.
If this is him, and it sure does seem like it is, the dry bag leads me to believe he didn’t go in there with the express intention of suicide.
MOO.
Regarding the bolded I routinely have a dry bag on a day hike, many times more than one. Great way to keep items segregated in the pack. In other words it could mean absolutely nothing, other than it was in there already when he split.

The entire situation is suspicious. The L's ran a bunch of errands yesterday, the most since their son disappeared, as if they knew they weren't going to be out in public for a while. The area where the belongings/remains were found today, opened to the public yesterday. Yet the parents did not go yesterday but instead called LE last night and told them of their intent to search this morning. Then after searching for a short period of time, the parents find his belongings. The area may have been under water but if cadaver dogs were used in the previous searches, they could have easily picked up the scent of remains underwater. Whatever was going on, his parents basically went straight to where the items/remains were found as if they knew where he would be located. IF they knew, they should have informed LE asap. If he's been deceased for a while, that means they knew where he was for a while. Something is off for sure. IMO.
I agree. I was wondering about the long shopping trip including a trip to the ATT store. It's all related. IMO

Enlarged/clipped Photo from WTSP.com. Showing BL carrying something early (no beard) during the ill-fated trip, I believe. The nose of the van is in the original picture too, this was cropped. The rectangular item is of interest to me, similar (IMOO) to the item in the bag found today. MOO. Just looking around, trying to piece together what is what. I guess we will all know soon enough, though. TY.

Attachments

• launrieitem.png
    launrieitem.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 230
JMO, but if it turns out that the Laundrie's were the ones to find their son, in the exact place they have been saying he was the whole time. It'll be interesting what the protesters outside their homes, the media commentators etc are going to say today. Will they back track, or double down and start with the, the body was planted theory. I can see already on social media alot of doubling down.

Also, do they get the reward money? Technically, they were the ones who said he was there this whole time, even with doubters they were adamant, and even when the search stopped, they found him. Well if they do, I assume its going to go to old Bertelino
I doubt they will respond with logic
Bingo! Their lawyer said the parents and Cassie could talk, just not about this.

First of all- I don't blame Cassie for acting like she can't speak to them at all- who wants to discuss sport teams, school curriculum, weather... everything is banal gibberish when her future sil was dead, and her baby brother might be. Plus, baby brother may have committed an awful crime. It is bogus of SB to say it is not true that Cassie can't speak with her parents.

2nd, and more vexing, exactly why did the lawyer instruct the parents not to talk about this? If they knew nothing (Brian just appeared and said Gabbie went off with a new van lifer- they truly knew no more than Brian went off hiking- how would their be any damage to Brian or his parents to talk? It is 100% sus . Cassie would follow instructions from LE and SB on what not to mention publicly, so it couldn't be about protecting the investigation. MOO- it was because the parents have some information that is incriminating to one of his 3 clients, and SB doesn't want it known by Cassie.
I think the lawyer knew the phones were or could be tapped and didn't want the police to skew their words to mean something that they didn't. I think it is a reasonable precaution. Also, the crowd witch hunting the parents could have been set off by seeing the daughter visiting with her parents and do something violent. The Laundries were in a very dangerous predicament with a mob outside their yard lusting for blood and the feds so desperate to solve the case that they were kicking in the doors of innocent people just because they wear a beard. MOO

If it's their son in there whose partial remains have been found I don't think they care two hoots about money right now.

The protestors should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. Disgusting behaviour.
I agree. There are people who will do anything for attention, IMO; there are others who need somewhere to direct all that pent-up hatred and aggression. This is not to say that the Laundries behaved responsibly or ethically when they ignored Gabby's parents' phone calls.

BBM:

The article states:

<snipped>

...During the couple's time inside, Chris Laundrie could be seen continually moving in and out of areas of the brush. After a short while, he and Roberta Laundrie separated, with Chris and the two men moving into brush on the left side of the trail for approximately 12 minutes.

Chris returned without law enforcement, and the couple continued on. The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them...

Brian Laundrie search: Coroner arrives at Florida park after fugitive's items found
Apologies as I’m late to the party but would LE really just allow the parents to wander around by themselves without having someone with them or eyes on them? Honest question, not sarcasm.

It would be very unusual to bring a dry pack for a day hike. I bring it when I'm going kayaking, but I don't bring it for a day hike.
Thank you for clarifying! I know absolutely nothing about the outdoors lol, I am a city girl...

I very much continue to hope that someone else is responsible for Gabby's death. Yes...my hope wears very thin. But I found them both to be very romantic together publicly, and would like the reality portrayed by Gabby to be real, for loads of reasons. MOO.
that would have been nice but just from the Moab video we can clearly see they weren't star crossed lovers .....nope and if Brian has committed suicide I think he is most definaitly the one who killed her.

I felt sad when Gabby's body was found, and I feel sad now if this turns out to be Brian. Sad that it all ended up like this. Sad that with intervention things could've been so different. Sad that there's possibly no way we'll ever know what happened now. Sad that Brian will forever be labelled as a murderer and DV abuser when that might not be the case.

I feel angry too. Angry at the protestors outside the Laundrie home. Angry at those who harassed Brian's sister and her family. Angry at the media hounding RL and CL just yesterday when they were shopping and going back to their car in the carpark.

No doubt there will be some rejoicing and celebrating this news. Not me.

This world is a cruel place, that much I know for sure. :(

If I were in the insanely awful position of Gabby's parents, I'd actually be sort of relieved if he were not alive anymore. To live through a trial and possible parole updates, possible interviews from prison, etc., - it would never go away, no matter how much they might try to ignore it.

If he's dead, none of that. As other posters have suspected, I agree they wouldn't get many answers from him at trial anyway. And a defense attorney would probably put Gabby on trial. Like they did to Travis Alexander.

If B is dead, It's between him and God now.

moo

But everyone keeps saying the dogs can alert on a tiny bone from a dead person and it can be 30 ft underwater, so why wasn't it found before this if there's a body there? Just honestly curious? If they're so GOOD why hadn't it been found yet? I can understand SEEING things when the water recedes but how does it matter to a cadaver dog?
Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Just because something is possible does not mean all cadaver dogs are trained equally, nor are all police agencies as thorough as others.

If this turns out to be Brian, the people in Sarasota and Pasco counties should be pretty worried about the search capabilities of those sheriff departments because they did most of the searching. The last time I can recall something found so close to where the search began was when they found Caylee Anthony about a block and a half from her home. Embarrassing, water or not.

Cannot believe how fast this case went. In only 2 months a woman goes missing, is found & cause of death determined, boyfriend is missing, is found (hopefully), and a form of justice is served in that Gabby's parent's don't have to listen to lies, sob stories, excuses, victim shaming, etc. in the death of their child and the (alleged) perp is gone forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV