Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious that, after all afternoon searching, they only found a backpack (dry bag?) and a notebook. Surely a self-proclaimed survivalist is going to bring more supplies if he truly intended to "live off the land." So where's the rest of the stuff that he'd presumably brought with him, and why was this this only thing found by the remains?

I guess if you’re heading out to kill yourself you don’t need anything other than transport, a viable method… confessional notepad optional.
IMO if the notebook is a confession that implies some remorse -whether for what he did, or himself, or some degree of both, who knows.

it’s the saddest possible conclusion to already tragic events.

My point is it’s never been said it’s a ‘murder’ by anyone official. He just said murder in a statement. It’s always been homicide before and always POI in her disappearance. IMO
Homicide/Manual Strangulation is murder. It means hands were used to strangle the life out of a human being. Throttling is another word.

There would have been no trial, he would have pled out like Chris Watts because he was indeed guilty and knew it. Now he stole the Petito's daughter and took himself out like the sociopath coward he was IMO.
I disagree. The two cases are different in that CW didn't have an attorney and talked too much and BL did have an attorney and would have said nothing at all. In this case, I think BL would have remained silent.

Not really it’s not CSI Miami where evidence comes back within an hour, it can take months and months. Doesn’t surprise me at all. IMO
I think there's also the state of decomposition that Gabby's body was in that couldn't place BL's DNA in the place where he allegedly strangled her

Has anyone seen any footage to if Brian’s parents had received a death notification at their door? I am thinking it most likely is him, but without knowing the condition his body was in, he could have killed someone he ran into and left his stuff with them, knowing the body would decompose. As I think we all have discovered, there are a lot of lookalikes!

I've been consistently supportive and compassionate toward everyone involved in this case throughout my contributions in this forum, and have found the vitriol and assumptions to be distracting and disappointing.

I agree. It's distracting and a little bit frightening to witness what borders on blood lust.

Today has been a tough day for all, however, so I'm hoping some are just taking out their frustrations.

I'm going to need to step back a bit now. I empathize with both the Petitos and the Laundries.

That's interesting that he's still only a POI and not a suspect. Despite Gabby's autopsy for them to still consider him only a POI is very telling to me.

MOO

It's probably because what we know so far would be seen as "only" circumstancial evidence (in the sense that we don't have a witnesses to the actual crime) and they were being as cautious as they could to build a strong case, and that'd probably include not jumping the gun when determining if he's a suspect or not.

SBM for length/BBM for emphasis

What I cannot tell from the statement, and should probably take the comma out of the transcription to reflect such, is whether McPherson is saying that the potential human remains AND the personal items belong to BL or just the personal items. I'm leaning towards just the personal items since they said "what appears to be..." If they can't conclusively say they are human remains, then how could those appear to be BL?
I stepped away for a few and I have missed a mountain. I heard audio on JB. Was he reading your question???? Was it you who asked about a dry pack? MOO

If he did kill himself, I really doubt it was "easy" for him. If he wasn't a depressed or suicidal person, he likely had goals and dreams, and he had to understand those were all over now. He had to know that his death was the end of him. Forever. I have no doubt if he made that decision that it was very likely the most difficult decision he ever made.
BBM

I don't think it would be easy even if he was depressed and feeling suicidal. Not sure what a suicidal person is but don't want to derail the thread!

Telling slip from BL attorney IMO:

https://twitter.com/ShannonCwtsp/status/1450931341780979719?s=20
FCK-XRiWQAQvSmt

"where human remains were found", when FBI said, "what appears to be human remains".

MOO MOO

Curious that, after all afternoon searching, they only found a backpack (dry bag?) and a notebook. Surely a self-proclaimed survivalist is going to bring more supplies if he truly intended to "live off the land." So where's the rest of the stuff that he'd presumably brought with him, and why was this this only thing found by the remains?

I don't think BL intended to "live off the land" after *allegedly* killing Gabby.

He went to the reserve because it's a "safe place" for him. He likely knew he was going to take his own life and brought very little with him.

That is if the remains turn out to be BL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela