Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JB just stated on WFLA live, the fbi officer said BL is a POI In gabby Petitos MURDER! I heard this at the time as well, not homicide and not a POI in her disappearance. MOO

That's interesting that he's still only a POI and not a suspect. Despite Gabby's autopsy for them to still consider him only a POI is very telling to me.

MOO

Sometimes I am embarrassed to be part of the human race. Laundries lost a child, too. The venom and hate this case has stirred is amazing, and not in a good way.

Dogs dont always find bodies easily. I know this from experience.
I've been consistently supportive and compassionate toward everyone involved in this case throughout my contributions in this forum, and have found the vitriol and assumptions to be distracting and disappointing.

IMO, the black item in the bag looks like a GPS (Garmin). I keep reading they found a backpack...is this dry bag what is being referred to as a backpack OR did they find his backpack too?

A little over the top for a guy hiding in his own backyard STS (insert eyeroll)

I apologize if this has been clarified, I am having a heck of a time keeping up! Where the parents already there assisting and LE called them over to the area top identify items? Did the parents go there and find this and then called LE? I'm so confused about their involvement.

Even if the remains were under water, the dogs should have alerted 3 weeks ago. I wonder if they ever alerted in all this time. jmo

BL might have been alive until recently, communicating with mom and dad via burner phones. Maybe he got tired of hiding but knew he was screwed and suicided very recently, telling them where to find him. That would explain their actions today. Or maybe he didn’t tell them he was going to kill himself, but they knew where he was hiding and got worried when they didn’t hear from him.

The time since death will be interesting to find out (if it’s him, which seems likely).

They lost their children in very different ways, but each are experiencing a loss. I, and many others, have empathy and compassion for all. MOO
How could a mother or a parent not have compassion over the loss of a child? Regardless of what they have done you still love them. You might not like them, but you love them with every part of your being.

Someone asked why FBI Denver is the main agency when Gabby was found in Wyoming. It's because WY isn't all that populated and we don't have an FBI field office. The closest one is Denver even though it's 8 hours away. That's just how life is here, one big town with long roads.

The FBI’s Denver, Colorado office covers the states of Wyoming and Colorado for the very reason you stated. Population.

MO

That's interesting that he's still only a POI and not a suspect. Despite Gabby's autopsy for them to still consider him only a POI is very telling to me.

MOO
Not really it’s not CSI Miami where evidence comes back within an hour, it can take months and months. Doesn’t surprise me at all. IMO

SBM for length/BBM for emphasis

What I cannot tell from the statement, and should probably take the comma out of the transcription to reflect such, is whether McPherson is saying that the potential human remains AND the personal items belong to BL or just the personal items. I'm leaning towards just the personal items since they said "what appears to be..." If they can't conclusively say they are human remains, then how could those appear to be BL?

I'm not sure but they did call the Medical Examiner out, so I'm guessing he would know whether the remains were human or not.

Thank you for understanding that suicide isn't "the easy way out", or "the cowards way".

Until a person has been in that place, they can't possibly understand.

MOO
In this situation it’s the easy way out IMO. I’ve been so close to taking my own life. He didn’t want to face justice for what he’s done (imo). That’s the easy way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnicornAmalthea