Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm missing lots. Parents finding BL's stuff so quickly seems too good to be true. What are the chances of that after the best of the best searched there for weeks? I'm just trying to make sense of it all -- parents could have removed something earlier (confession) or planted something -- sign me up for sleuth kindergarten.
MOO
Linnea Lomax was found dead by her own mother nearly 3 months after she disappeared. There were multiple searches in the area where she was eventually found.

It can happen. JMO.

Linnea Lomax Hanged Herself, Her Father Says

So that doesn't look so wet.
i mean the stream does.... but I mean not flooded like I imagined it was when they said under 4 feet of water
I’ve only seen 4 feet of water referenced here at websleuths. During the live coverage today, they said some areas as much as knee deep, so that’s the impression i was under until I’ve been reading here.

I totally believe this about Diesel. These dogs are trained to sniff cadaverine. A dead body under water can be detected as the odor rises to the surface. Ultimately, it depends on if the dog was taken to this spot while Landrie was submerged. Only the FBI or LE can confirm that for us though.

The Laundrie attorney states this was happenstance. I find the events of the day to be bizarre; not serendipity.

jmoo
Sorry for my ignorance but what is Diesel? Is it a certain type of dog, or maybe a famous sniffer dog?

A case near where I live involved human remains found in a deep body of water by cadaver dogs. A family member was a detective on the case and said it was amazing how quickly the dog signaled that he found the remains. If cadaver dogs were used to search the area, and BL's remains were there, the dogs would have found him. IMO.
I agree. They've been able to recover bodies that have sunk below the ice and been in the water for months by using cadaver dogs.

anyone notice when the L’s were on the trail with LE after finding the bag, The Officer was showing them something on, IMO, a phone perhaps? (RL and CL had their backs to whoever was recording.) RL, with her hands tightly holding the bag they found, CL leans in a little closer to look at what the Officer was presenting and then it’s a moment. A brief moment. But RL reaches her hand up to CL faces and appears to wipe something off his cheek and then her hand drops to wipe it on her shirt. Eyelash or tear? Whatever he was showing to the L’s and that quick tear wipe (it’s a mom wipe as I call it, with my own kids), this was a heavy moment for CL. MOO.

my first post here. Sorry if it’s a bit confusing! I’ll get there!
Here's the video (long version):
LE is showing them images on his phone.

Perhaps he didn't see the bag as evidence because he doesn't think there's a crime to solve. He only saw it as a clue that his son may be nearby....and probably at that moment knew for sure his son was dead. Who would think clearly at that moment?

you see this video? it appears as if the parents were alone and ChL knew right where to go to find that bag.
Almost like they could have planned this. MOO

EXCLUSIVE: Moments after Laundrie's parents discovered items possibly belonging to fugitive son

It occurs to me that there is a slight possibility that BL sent something to his parents telling them exactly where he would be found, before taking his own life (if he did). Or they found something they missed earlier that gave them that information. It would explain
So, you find it, use your cell to call the closest cop, and wait there without touching it until they find you. Easy peasy.
MOO.

I don't think we can armchair quarterback how a parent should act when faced with discovering their missing kid's bag. One imagines a father might be flooded with a myriad of emotions in that moment. None of us have our shiniest logical thinking caps on when grief (even anticipatory) starts tapping at our skulls.

JMHO.

So, you find it, use your cell to call the closest cop, and wait there without touching it until they find you. Easy peasy.
MOO.

Especially after CL had already searched for a day with the FBI. I'm sure during the first search when CL accompanied the FBI, they would have laid out the ground rules and told CL not to ever touch anything he found. Fast forward a couple of weeks later and CL had no issue picking up possible evidence. Even though he recognized the item as belonging to BL. :eek:
Me thinks something is rotten in the state of Florida...IMO

Wow! If this is BL, he may of just passed? That’s why dogs didn’t smell death?Did his parents know where he was all this time? Wonder if they will find hidden stash of supplies too? MOO

His parents had a strong idea he was there:

In the interview, Bertolino called any suggestion that the parents planted the items in the swamp 'hogwash', pointing out that reporters and police followed them into the nature preserve.

He insisted that the family had informed investigators about the exact location within the preserve where the remains and personal items were found a month ago, based on the trails they knew Laundrie to frequent.

'Indeed, this is the very area of the park that we initially informed law enforcement, on I believe it was September 17th, that Brian would be most likely in the preserve,' said Bertolino.

With all the people that have searched that area, I'm surprised that nobody discovered that body or "articles" before.

Something fishy about how this went down IMO
How did ChL know where to go to find that white bag. LE was not with him. I have a feeling the parents knew where to find him, maybe they found him when they went to bring mustang home. MOO

EXCLUSIVE: Moments after Laundrie's parents discovered items possibly belonging to fugitive son
I wonder if coronet can estimate remains time of death? Couldn’t father smell The remains when he found bag?

I just hope he relates all this on the notebook and it brings some understanding to this dreadful thing.
. Doubt it, it was in water, unless he zip locked it. As I said I think he had a break with reality and maybe even thought that Gabby was still alive until he realized what he had done. Edited by me. To add I don't think his parents planted evidence plain and simple. And I am not a fan of their reactions to the whole saga.

Last edited:
Nice find! All so strange. Hard to imagine but perhaps they didn't run cadaver dogs there earlier?
Where they found a body & gear has been underwater.
His parents had a strong idea he was there:

In the interview, Bertolino called any suggestion that the parents planted the items in the swamp 'hogwash', pointing out that reporters and police followed them into the nature preserve.

He insisted that the family had informed investigators about the exact location within the preserve where the remains and personal items were found a month ago, based on the trails they knew Laundrie to frequent.

'Indeed, this is the very area of the park that we initially informed law enforcement, on I believe it was September 17th, that Brian would be most likely in the preserve,' said Bertolino.
I think they're just now finding him because he's been under water. He was in there for days before he was even reported missing and the area got inundated with rains. I believe that's whey they're saying "what they believe to be human remains" & it's been clarified in many articles that this area was under water until today/yesterday when some of the water receded.

That attorney- quite a piece of work as a human being.Brian Laundrie: Attorney reveals why Laundrie family didn't initially talk to police - CNN Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salty7