Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding your sons belongings would be a heartbreaker. Still no emotion that I would expect. Is this normal or am I just to emotional?
I don't think there is a "normal" when dealing with death. Everyone reacts differently.

When I was informed of my husband's unexpected death, I went into a shock like state. I calmly discussed the particulars. When the official left, I went outside and did some yard work. Came back in and discussed plans with my brother and son. Then collapsed walking down the hallway when the reality finally hit.

It will be interesting if ME is able to get a good time of death. IMO I don't think BL originally went to CR to kill himself because he took the car & backpack probably filled w/supplies. IMO he went there to 'clear his head' get 'straight' w/what happened (not what he did to GP). To him, I think, it was just something that happened that she caused. As food began to run low, the car was gone, LE & helicopters getting closer & closer... no escape, no way he was going to be put in a cage...he is the only one in charge...no way is anyone going to tell him what to do. So, he did the most self-centered thing he could do...but I don't think he did this until he was there a while...maybe after CL went there w/LE.
JMOO

I've believed from the beginning that Brian was in the reserve, deceased by suicide. If that is the case I actually don't believe that was a self-centered act. Just my opinion.

Welcome to Thursday Oct. 21, 2021

We have been in this together since September 11. Thank you for being here, and thank you for your care and compassion in finding justice for Gabby. Wishing comfort to all that have been impacted by this tragedy. That includes each of you that have been here following day in and day out.
I can only speak for myself, but even with differing points of view at times among Posters, I do believe the hearts that engage here, are and continue to be, in the right place.

Be sure to take care of yourself along the way.

Appreciate You,
Tiff

The Thread is OPEN
Thank you for your infinite kindness and patience.
I'm just hit with a belt of exhaustion again.

This is interesting

"If it's him, he didn't want to face the music. He had a lot of things he had to account for, and he can't do that if he's dead. Except to God. If he's meeting his maker, I hope he got things right before he died. But death is the easy way out," Ben Matula, a high school friend of the couple, told People.

"I actually hope it's not him," Matula added, "because that means he never has to answer for what happened to Gabby."

However, Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino told CNN'sChris Cuomo "the probability is strong, that it is Brian's remains" found by the FBI.

"It's quite sad, you can imagine as a parent, finding your son's belonging alongside from the remains. That's got to be heartbreaking. And I can tell you that they are heartbroken," he said Wednesday.
Brian Laundrie Update: Gabby Petito's Friends Fear 'Double Tragedy' After Human Remains Found

"It's quite sad, you can imagine as a parent, finding your son's belonging alongside from the remains. That's got to be heartbreaking. And I can tell you that they are heartbroken," he said Wednesday.
Brian Laundrie Update: Gabby Petito's Friends Fear 'Double Tragedy' After Human Remains Found
<modsnip>

BL's parents can now meditate on what they did to contribute to this outcome. If this is indeed BL, (which it likely is), let us all be grateful he didn't take out more people before his own demise. (*If*, in fact he murdered Gabby). I strongly suspect his notebook will offer answers. I don't think BL was inherently a bad person; I think he was unwell and didn't get the help he needed. <modsnip>

This is a terrible tragedy all around, that raises many issues. When the criminality aspect is resolved, I pray there can be some learnings that come from this. It seems we see crime after crime after crime with seemingly no societal change. Maybe Gabby's family is right. Like Amber Schwartz, Adam Walsh, or Polly Klaas, let's pray there will be change. So tragic.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Last edited by a moderator:
How many think he died from the swamp and not suicide and has been living in there until his RECENT death?
How many think he immediately suicided?
I think he was alive until very recently. The reason is his parents behavior, tbh. Also I do not think he wanted to die at all. He may have only recently run out of supplies and realized it was over. His choice was prison or death.
But I feel his death may not have been by his own hand.
Just my humble opinion.

"If it's him, he didn't want to face the music. He had a lot of things he had to account for, and he can't do that if he's dead. Except to God. If he's meeting his maker, I hope he got things right before he died. But death is the easy way out," Ben Matula, a high school friend of the couple, told People.

"I actually hope it's not him," Matula added, "because that means he never has to answer for what happened to Gabby."

However, Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertolino told CNN'sChris Cuomo "the probability is strong, that it is Brian's remains" found by the FBI.

Jmo
It’s him!
He couldn’t live with what he had done!
No one wins here.
Sad!

IMO the remains might not be BL just because there is a potential for many different sets of human remains to be found in a Florida preserve. Since the personal items <modsnip> were found by someone other than LE, they could mean nothing in regards to the remains. IMO and pure speculation, there could be a few different scenarios. 1) Someone decided to take the law into their own hands and killed BL and deposited his remains once the decomp had significantly set in so as to diminish most DNA evidence. 2) Someone known to BL had searched alone for him and ran across him while he was alive in hiding. They could have insisted BL come with them to turn himself in and a fight ensued, possibly with a weapon, and BL was killed in the process. 3) The remains found could belong to BL and could be non essential body parts that he could live without and he's still on the run. 4) He did indeed kill himself and his family finding his belongings was just a HUGE coincidence. IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many think he died from the swamp and not suicide and has been living in there until his RECENT death?
I think he was alive until very recently. The reason is his parents behavior, tbh. Also I do not think he wanted to die at all. He may have only recently run out of supplies and realized it was over. His choice was prison or death.
Just my humble opinion.
I think he’s been deceased for quite awhile!
jmo

Just my humble opinion.

I'm going to go with death by giant anaconda for $200 thanks Alex

Ok maybe not but if he's in bits it might suggest he died a while a go and decomp and animals have made his remained spread out?

https://twitter.com/jossiecarbonare/status/1451152164643082243?s=21

JUST IN: I’m told more human remains detection K9’s from Pasco County Sheriff’s Office have been sent out to the Carlton Reserve in addition to the one already sent out yesterday to help after human remains were found near #BrianLaundrie’s backpack and notebook.

This is what I was afraid of. Only partial remains were found yesterday. They're obviously looking for the missing pieces.

We still don’t know if this is a suicide, accidental, drowning or possibly animals. We may never know what the COD is.
I just keep thinking about how GP was left for weeks and her remains weren’t touched by animals, it sounds like animals have gotten to this body either before or after death, wonder why animals didn’t get to GP, could she have been in a sleeping bag or covered with something that made it impossible for animals to get to her? Sorry to be graphic. MOO

ETA - by touched by animals, I mean not spread around and her body was found intact. Didn’t want to be graphic but what I wrote seems not to be accurate. In my opinion intact means that animals didn’t do what it seems like has happened to this body. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member