Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just keep thinking about how GP was left for weeks and her remains weren’t touched by animals, it sounds like animals have gotten to this body either before or after death, wonder why animals didn’t get to GP
I don't think we know for a fact that animals didn't get to her remains at all. Either way, the environments are wildly different.

yes. I rewatched the live coverage from WFLA and that was Deisel today doing the search. I assume that's how they got the remains. he was on the trail then he went to the tree area and stayed there... the white tent and cones followed shortly.

I watched nearly all of wfla too and I didn't see Diesel. Must have stepped away for a moment. Also just another thought, I don't think Diesel was anywhere near where these remains were found doing his own search.

I'm just guessing LE moved away from the entrance early in the search going deeper and deeper into the reserve. Once the water began receding in the past week or so any searches were made easier.

ps..... Between all the flooding early in the search and closing the reserve for the search. I believe the Laundries could have found all these items much earlier or at least assisted in finding this particular location. CL probably went to this location with his son on many occasions and once the reserve opened was able to go to that spot immediately.. Hence finding belongings almost immediately.

edited by me for brevity..

It could be another of Brian's victims.. someone else who spoke to him in 'the wrong tone'.. Remember, Gabby got almost throttled in public at high noon in the main street of Moab for 'apologising in the wrong tone'.. people.. I ask you!!!!..

By which I mean, Brian is/was a killer. Killing Gabby didn't amazingly heal his disorders. He was what he was before and after Gabby. He was/is the same risk to anyone that he undoubtably was to Gabby.

BBM

Did Brian say this to Gabby? I hadn't heard that before.
I suppose I'm not surprised, but saddened even more.

I know many people, including some of Gabbys family, wanted BL alive so there could be "answers." But IMO he wouldn't give answers. He would give excuses and he would give lies. Who would trust what he said?

On a similar note, is it time we stop treating SB as a reliable source?

There would never be answers, only regrets.

IMO

May I ask if you saw this under the white tent or beside it? I have seen what could be remains on both the left side of the tent by what seems to be a water cooler, and ALSO - under the tree on the right side.
So I figured I had looked too long and gave up, lol. Jmo

Are there any posters here who have experience with crime scene processing? It seems to me like they would not want to set up tents, coolers, etc. right where remains are found to avoid disturbing the scene, but I don't know. MOO

How many think he died from the swamp and not suicide and has been living in there until his RECENT death?
How many think he immediately suicided?
I think he was alive until very recently. The reason is his parents behavior, tbh. Also I do not think he wanted to die at all. He may have only recently run out of supplies and realized it was over. His choice was prison or death.
But I feel his death may not have been by his own hand.
Just my humble opinion.

Gut feeling? Suicide within a few days of his arriving at the environmental park .

Lolol! That is just what I compared him to awhile ago.
"They follow my advice because they know better than to refuse!". Jmo

I am so behind and do not know how to ever catch up reading all the threads so I skim and miss a lot. But listening to the Cuomo interview was startling to me. What a terrible attorney. MOO
Edit - clarity

Why would authorities be fingerprinting the bag found yesterday? It is useful in that it might indicate where BL, a missing person, is. His parents have identified it as his bag. The remains found nearby are undergoing testing to determine the identity. I just don't see why any of the belongings would be fingerprinted at all and why it would matter if the Ls fingerprints are there too. Edit: MOO

I think they need to confirm that there were no other prints on it (if someone else had it) or even just to confirm that its his?! I dont know... nothing about this case has made much sense since it started to be honest. MOO

I am so conflicted.

This could have ended so much differently. So many WTH moments. The behaviour of the Laundrie’s has been so suspect. I’m still not sure what all has transpired.

Yes, they should have remained silent but that didn’t preclude them from accepting a call from Gabby’s parents. They could have said “we don’t know where she is, we are at a loss. Brian isn’t talking”. That’s all.

Not sure where this goes from here.

The errands outing the other day led me to believe that the Laundries were getting some of their affairs in order and tidying up some loose ends before they left Florida in an attempt to get away from the Protesters. I think they will leave. Will Cassie be accepted back into the fold?

Another scenario to consider is that Brian communicated somehow what his plan was and where to find him. I noticed CL with a handful of mail the other day. Could Brian have sent them a letter?

Two acquaintances of mine took their own lives. One left a note telling his family where to find him. The other called LE. He told them where he was so that he would be found and his family wouldn’t worry.

I do not believe, if the remains are BL, that he was guilt stricken. I don’t think he has the capacity to feel guilt. Nope, this was once again a selfish act and his way to avoid taking responsibility for his own actions. He knew he wouldn’t survive in jail. His life was over. There was nothing left for him. It was over and he knew it.

It could have been so different. He had a lovely girlfriend/fiancé. A young woman with aspirations and goals. A woman who was smart, courageous, a free spirit. A one of a kind woman who accepted and loved him. He ruined it. He tore it all down and threw it all away. For what?

All I can see is his callousness and his selfishness. I visualize Gabby lying in the spot she was found. Alone, abandoned, without her van, without her things. She was left, uncovered in the elements. So upsetting. Everything that frightened her happened. It’s hard to come to terms with that.

It could have been different but it isn’t.

MOO

How many think he died from the swamp and not suicide and has been living in there until his RECENT death?
How many think he immediately suicided?
I think he was alive until very recently. The reason is his parents behavior, tbh. Also I do not think he wanted to die at all. He may have only recently run out of supplies and realized it was over. His choice was prison or death.
But I feel his death may not have been by his own hand.
Just my humble opinion.

Suicide within 24 hours of there is my theory. Probably within 4-5 hours of being there.

The only part of this discovery yesterday that I think is weird is if his parents stumbled upon him first before LE did. Do we have an answer for this yet?

Depressing, heartbreaking doesn't even sum it up.
It feels like the Laundrie's were treated with velvet gloves. It makes a person wonder why?

I don't wonder why the Laundries have been treated with velvet/kid gloves. I wonder by whom because I sure don't see it.

Certainly they have not gotten the velvet/kid glove treatment from the screaming "protestors" camped outside their house. Not from many members of the press either. Perhaps you mean by LE? But we all have the right to remain silent. We don't get tossed in the slammer or subjected to intensive interrogation techniques or beaten with rubber hoses for hiring a lawyer and/or for not talking to the police. Maybe people think LE should have been saying bad things about the Laundries to the public?
JMO

I would also like to see this... I watched the video over and over on full screen and could not see what others are seeing. All of the objects under the tent seem easily recognizable to me as NOT a body...
On the left side of the white tent by a white cooler I could see what looked like a body lying on its stomach, the legs missing/decomposed, and it looked like a pair of sneaker were lying there as well. Idk if was him.
Jmo

We still don’t know if this is a suicide, accidental, drowning or possibly animals. We may never know what the COD.
I just keep thinking about how GP was left for weeks and her remains weren’t touched by animals, it sounds like animals have gotten to this body either before or after death, wonder why animals didn’t get to GP, could she have been in a sleeping bag or covered with something that made it impossible for animals to get to her? Sorry to be graphic. MOO
BBM

I haven't been able to read everything but can you provide a link for the bolded statement. TIA
BBM

I haven't been able to read everything but can you provide a link for the bolded statement. TIA
I can’t, I’ve been searching but I’m sure I heard it around the time of the announcement that they believed it was her body they found and that she was intact, not like this body, I took that as animals didn’t get to her. I did put my opinion as I couldn’t remember where I heard it exactly. Maybe I should have put intact instead it just sounds awful writing that. MOO maybe someone else can remember.

If you're talking about when the Laundries reported Brian missing, there is a record of it. Brian was reported missing on 9/17 at 5:47pm. The police report is viewable, states that it's a missing person's report and the rest is redacted. Corroborates LE's statement that Brian was reported missing on 9/17. I'm not sure why SB is stating otherwise, but he's mistaken.
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Dozens of police calls to Florida home after Gabby Petito was last seen
There’s a difference between telling police you don’t know where someone is and filing a missing person’s report. What SB says is that they informed LE the first day he didn’t return and that they officially filed the report on the 17th. They all (Laundries, SB, and LE) that once that official report was filed the media and the public would go crazy, and I think they were all trying to avoid that hoping he would just come back on his own. I’m not saying that was the right thing to do, but it makes much more sense to me than what we were working with before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theresa06