Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My take on that press conference is that there are angry people contacting LE and wondering how in the world they missed this evidence.
Fact is, we don't know how long Brian was out there and how long he was dead. In fact, we don't even know if this is Brian yet. I think LE is trying to quiet the pitchfork and torches crowd and diffuse the situation.
I really really really don't like the Laundries and I think they're up to the armpits in this whole mess, but I do worry that there is a crowd of people that may be close to presenting a danger to the family and I think the press conference was a means to try to refocus this mess. People in crowds can feed off each other and a situation can spiral out of control quickly. Gabby deserves justice, full justice, not vigilante half-baked justice that only serves to add more tragedies to the list.

Evidence of what? And what investigation? LE was no longer investigating or searching that area at all. In fact, they had reopened the area to the public.

The parents were looking for the remains of their son, not conducting some kind of police investigation. If I am looking for the body or belongings of my daughter, I will darn well pick up her stuff if I feel like it. I'm not a cop. I'm a parent. jmo
I too would pick it up for a closer look, but in a swamp I would be wearing gloves.

There appeared to be a hole in one of the lower corners of the bag. I can't imagine how that happened unless an animal nibbled at it to get inside to get at food. Although it appears as if it were torn. I wonder what would cause a tear to a bag meant to be kept intact so the contents remained dry? Otherwise, a dry bag should NOT have a hole in it. It defeats the purpose of the bag.

Pic of hole attached.
View attachment 318280

Source: FBI will provide update after possible human remains found in manhunt for Brian Laundrie
Any kind of dry bag could get holes in it, depending on the situation. Some can get holes if you put something heavy or pokey.
Some dry bags are not intended for submersion. They are intended to keep your sleeping bag or food dry if you fall e.g. into a brook while filtering water.

That presser just now was super cringing. I feel like this was not the moment for it and it could be included with a presser with actual info. Jmo

seems a little wrong to call a press conference to just tell us the importance of inter-department team work and provide no new information about the massive case everyone is working on

its like iv called you all here today to thank everyone for this team effort but as we told you yesterday we can't provide any new information ... <- this probably could have been done via email to be honest

Evidence of what? And what investigation? LE was no longer investigating or searching that area at all. In fact, they had reopened the area to the public.

The parents were looking for the remains of their son, not conducting some kind of police investigation. If I am looking for the body or belongings of my daughter, I will darn well pick up her stuff if I feel like it. I'm not a cop. I'm a parent. jmo
I too would pick it up for a closer look, but in a swamp I would be wearing gloves.

seems a little wrong to call a press conference to just tell us the importance of inter-department team work and provide no new information about the massive case everyone is working on

its like iv called you all here today to thank everyone for this team effort but as we told you yesterday we can't provide any new information ... <- this probably could have been done via email to be honest
Or a press release.

Apress conference to say "we have nothing to say" it seems! If this is not Brian it opens a whole new can of worms too confusing to even speculate on MOO
I believe that BL went to the preserve to commit suicide. I hope the ME can determine cause of death.

I think he may have gone into a body of water, in an attempt to obliterate himself completely. I think there were quite a few clues that this was his plan. I think they'll find some more evidence in the muck of the pond. He may have written his last thoughts in his notebook.

People show concern and grief in many different ways. Both families are grieving terrible losses. I fervently hope that the protestors give up their now pointless harassment of the Laundries and if there are words in that notebook that would give the Petito family. any closure at all, I hope the Laundries share them.
IF.. and it is a big IF lol.. he went missing and died of suicide on the day that his parents say was the water high then or does it come and go? From the UK so unsure of the timings of swamp tides etc

At first glance I thought that bag had a hole, but now I think the black bits at the bottom are part of another latch system similar to what's at the top -- for keeping the bag rolled up or compressed or however one would describe the mechanics of how a dry bag works.

MOO
That black patch is a clip for attaching a handle IMO.

When his parents initially went to pick up the Mustang didn't they briefly look for Brian? If they found where he was so easily yesterday couldn't they have just as easily found him that day? I'm paraphrasing here but it does seem a bit odd. Maybe they just didn't look very thoroughly. FWIW, I do believe he's been in that spot since very early on. Probably when his parents retrieved the car. JMO

ETA: Or the water was too high then. I'm unsure of exact dates, this was just a question that came to me.

I think he was already in the water, which was his plan all along. Also accounts for what sounds like skeletonized remains. It was dark when ChL went to look, IIRC. They may have hoped that he did indeed simply disappear on walkabout, as a fugitive, as so many people here also theorized.

You're assuming the parents knew on Sept 1 the full extent of what had happened. IMO they did not. I think all hell broke loose for them on Sept 10. Even then I think things may have unfolded slowly for them. They probably were in a state of shock and disbelief so they held onto the words of their attorney to keep quiet IMO.
I am not assuming that they knew what happened. I do assume that they believed whatever Brian told them.....and whatever it was, if it sat so well with them, there was no reason not to keep Cassie apprised, and to be so hush hush about it. Also, JB may have slipped a bit yesterday..... as far as we know, the first time NS reached out to the L's was Sept 10, but JB implied that they reached out long before that date. I know that he is in touch with NS, and I wonder if she told him something privately that has not been known publicly about her efforts to find out where Gabby was. Either that, or he was just mistaken. jmo

LE doesn't want you to focus on the millions of dollars and weeks spent fruitless to be upstaged by the suspect's parents walking in and finding articles and remains in 45 minutes.
THIS. From August 12th until moments ago, this case has gone off it's chain. The Petitos have been victimized moment to moment, hour to hour, day to day. Their suffering is unfathomable and ongoing. Its palpable. Their nobility in the face of gargantuan malfeasance and stonewalling is a beacon in the darkness.
JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member