Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get this but a bad break up would work as a story until the texts that said I am going to call the police etc and why get a lawyer before the texts had even started? MOO

Just a UK question as we don't have firearms here, would it be normal to take a gun into a swamp if hiking there? for predators etc?

RBBM

The laws are variable on whether you can and it's usually state by state. For example, you can't take a gun into a national park in some states, while in others you can. Some states allow open carry, some don't. I'm not sure what the laws are in Florida, I couldn't find any mention of what the rules are for Myakkahatchee Park, where he was found. I would imagine they're prohibited.

Size and strength are not a factor in determining if something was violent. As you said, we know she hit him on at least two ocassions, during neither of which she was protecting herself from physical harm.

Lastly, I never claimed anything justified GP's murder. You said Brian was violent for hitting her.I pointed out that her hitting him was also violence. If one thing is true, it follows, the other is too. I made no further judgements.
Of course size and strength matter. If someone is stronger than I am then I am more vulnerable to physical abuse from that person.

RBBM

The laws are variable on whether you can and it's usually state by state. For example, you can't take a gun into a national park in some states, while in others you can. Some states allow open carry, some don't. I'm not sure what the laws are in Florida, I couldn't find any mention of what the rules are for Myakkahatchee Park, where he was found. I would imagine they're prohibited.
Guns prohibited in FL? No. You can most definitely carry guns wherever you want and they are trying to get rid of any gun laws there, allowing ppl to buy guns without a permit and also for open carry.

I think it's most likely gunshot wound to head. Where did you see an article stating that? Hard to keep up.
My apologies no article, just pure wild speculation on my part. Certainly you’re right, a gunshot could have fractured the skull.

This does make sense! Totally something that has happened before, but the story I know is OT and a bit too macabre. Anyway, while this is possible the fact that Pei-Sze Cheng’s (from NBC I believe) tweet said that it was found near the backpack makes it more likely IMO to be BL.
Old bones can be identified quickly.

I have a hunch that there is a 3rd party at play in all this. <modsnip> What if they owed money to someone ? What if BL needed to get back to Florida to storage unit to retrieve money? Stash? What if someone had GP in the meantime and he had to return to pay a ransom to free her ? I mean WHERE was GP when BL was in Florida ? What if they argued about getting out of this or going to the police which increased tension between them & spilled over into the public sphere ? What if BL arranged to meet someone at Carlton Reserve to pay back money (and he still didn’t know GP was dead) ? There is so much off about this story …there is something else here to have the FBI involved so early. Would explain the parents staying quiet, this sudden discovery to make 3rd party think it’s all over ?
Gabby is murdered. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
i know that this is a forum for online sleuthing, BUT
I just wanna know why do so many people not think that the most obvious is exactly what happened??
Brian and Gabby went on a cross country trip, they were having relationship problems even before so being confined in close quarters and by themselves most of the time really brought that all to the forefront.
the argueing got out of hand and at some point Brian went into a rage and strangled Gabbie to death, as soon as he got his senses back and realized what he did he fled the scene, scared and just wanting the security of his parents an his home. He went home and told his parents whatever story he told them.....either the truth or something made up.....either way, he tried to go back to his normal way of life as best he could but the thought of what he had done and knowing that he couldnt keep it a secret any longer he decided to end his own life as soon as Gabbies parents found out she was missing and he knew he was living on barrowed time.
He went out to take a hike, at least thats what he told his parents .....with the intentions of doing just that ......after reflecting on their lives together and possibly writing down what he needed to get off his chest he ended his life.......
what is the biggest factor as to why this isnt believable????

Just taking a moment to say that I'm really glad that CL and RL found that dry bag and didn't stumble on their son's remains. I can't imagine how horrific that would have been and, given how everything went down, it could have easily happened.

RBBM

Also, if he had a gun and was going there with the intent to take his own life, all of this is a moot point. I doubt he'd be deterred.

Was Gabby taking Jiu Jitsu or Krav Maga or something? I feel like I'm missing something regarding her formidable physical abilities despite her height and weight?

We have it documented that Gabby slapped Brian at least twice:
1) When Brian stole her ID.
2) When Brian was driving away from her in her own van with all of her worldly possessions.

Any abuse Brian received (perceived or literal) does not justify Gabby's murder.
She was specifically asked why she slapped Brian. Here is her response:

Officer 3: (49:26)
What were you attempting to do? What was the reason behind the slapping and stuff? What was it you were attempting to accomplish by my slapping him.

Gabby Petito: (49:35)
I was trying to get him to stop telling me to calm down.

If you're saying it was NPPD that injected nonsense into the narrative then I couldn't agree more. Remember NPPD's emphatic rejection of the idea that the Laundries would help in the search. Some 12 hours later the Laundries were helping in the search.

There's a saying out there: when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. This statement just makes NPPD look even worse in my view.
No actually I asked @sarahborin to give me an example of where SB was caught lying and that's the example she provided. There are overwhelming amount of people bashing SB but not one has given me proof that his statements are unreliable.

If you're saying it was NPPD that injected nonsense into the narrative then I couldn't agree more. Remember NPPD's emphatic rejection of the idea that the Laundries would help in the search. Some 12 hours later the Laundries were helping in the search.

There's a saying out there: when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging. This statement just makes NPPD look even worse in my view.

It's very ironic

We have SB who doesn't seem to be used to dealing with massive media attention ( on a high profile case)

Then we have a professional media person at NPPD ( Josh Taylor) who doesn't seem to be used to dealing with massive media attention ( on a high profile case)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member