Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been tied up in meetings all afternoon and evening, so forgive me...but is there evidence that it was suicide for BL? Or was it simply not surviving out there?
I don't believe they have disclosed any of this yet. They only confirmed it was him. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

There's still the matter of Fort De Soto, getting a clean phone, and possibly aiding in preparation to flee. We just don't know yet. Though, I will say that if forensics comes back and state yes - these remains have been here for 6 weeks, then I think this reduces the parents exposure significantly. JMO IMO

Edit: And, if they can determine COD as suicide as opposed to accidental (elements/environment/wildlife). MOO

But what if he told them the truth - leaving a letter in the kitchen before he took off to go “hiking” or in the car he left a note for them knowing they would look for him?

And they called SB at that point - and he told them to not open their mouths.

just another angle …moo

Last edited:
If they thought BL was a danger to himself and walked off why not reach out to local law enforcement immediately and aggressively follow-up. They must have been conflicted in wanting to make sure he was safe but also giving him space or a chance to run? Hindsight maybe. I hope everyone affected by BL's actions find peace.

Maybe they thought, as is typically the case, LE won't do anything for a missing adult until some time has passed. jmo

This case will probably end up being an "exceptional clearance". Unless LE can uncover a confession on BL's notebook where he admits killing GP. That notebook has been submerged for a long period of time. Unless it was enclosed in one of those water tight bags, can info on it even be retrieved after a month underwater?

What did JP later apologize to Cassie for?

I imagine the apology from JP was for claiming they called her when they didn't?

Gabby's mother didn't mention Cassie when she tried calling or texting the Laundries and Cassie stated she didn't hear from Gabby's family IIRC MOO

Ebm spelling correction

Last edited:
If the Mustang was filled with re-supply then why would his parents take the car with the inclusive supplies to their home? I believe the Mustang could have legally stayed in place as long as five days without being towed away.

If you cannot understand the strong desire for a parent to protect their child, especially from a possible suicide, then it's not something I can teach you. It comes naturally for me. It's an innate instinct.
This is another reason why I don't believe they expected this to happen. JMO IMO IMOO, he may very well have gone to the reserve after the heat on Cassie. It is possible. I posted this very thing many many many threads back when Cassie answered the protestors questions. The forensics will hopefully tell us.

Does this mean we are finished hearing from SB?
What more can ( should) he say now?
We can only pray that he is done with his (multiple) 15 minutes of fame. Keeping up with his ever changing representation has been too much. He can go away now. All IMHO

BTW, any WS’ers plan on using SB as their attorney of record?

Very well put, much more succinctly than I'm capable of...

Thanks! I always enjoy your posts!
I think the FBI early on began to regard Brian as a 'walker in the park' rather than the genuine boots on brawny Appalachian hiker. I figured they knew he wouldn't be too far from home.

I agree 100%. He was a legend in his own mind. IMO.

I don’t know how I completely missed this, but what was Cassie being accused of? Or what were they implying about her? Was it SB on behalf of her parents??

If he died by suicide, then I seriously don't believe he did it because he felt remorse over Gabby's death. Much more likely that he had come to believe that he would get caught and did not want to have to deal with spending the rest of his life in jail.

Idk. From what we know, he didn’t really seem to make any attempt to cover up the crime. I mean, he just took off with her van and used her debit card and when the police came knocking, he didn’t try and give any alternative story of events. If he was worried about not getting caught, he really made no attempt to cover any of his actions.

IMO— he was responsible for her death. Freaked. Drove home and spent his last days with his family knowing that when it eventually comes to a head, he would go out to that reserve and come to terms with what he did.

Surely there will be some sort of civic enquiry, some industrial tribunal thing in regard to the .. well. .. the word they used was 'surveillance'.... by the NPPD

I'd call it giving a bit of a glance now and then of the Laundrie home once Brian was back from his little cross country jaunt in a stolen vehicle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela