Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounded to me like SB was really mad that there was any meeting at all that Friday, to disclose bl's absence. Imo SB wanted to slide thru it all by saying he passed responsibility on to the FBI, and wanted to cut the !ocal cops out. Someone in the family went around SB. Wow, getting interesting. They had no idea of reporting BL as being missing, even though they said he was grieving, very upset, in a bad place. Imo
Now i definitely want him back on Banfield; maybe Entin will get back on and they can push him into a corner again and get more out of him. Or make him walk off screen.

10/14:
As a parent, when your child does something bad, gets in trouble, or commits an unbelievably heinous act, everything you’ve witnessed that is good in your child before the terrible deed isn’t wiped out by the one bad deed— even murder.

As parents, the memories we carry of our children are complicated and mostly good.

While I believe most of us would teach our children to face the consequences of their actions and, in this case, turn themselves in, no matter how awful the result, we don’t know what Brian told his parents.

We can’t know that because they aren’t saying anything, we can’t even guess. We have no information to go on.

Again, the search last Thursday came up empty in the reserve after Chris Laundrie assisted authorities, Bertolini said in a text message to Telemundo affiliate WRMD of Tampa.

All the updates regarding when Brian was last seen and where Brian was last seen are coming from a) people who have changed their story, b) are the parents of the accused, c) have been stated only via legal counsel.

The Laundrie’s legal counsel is setting the stage for a possible trial. Amoral? Yes. Legal? I think so. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

<modsnip>
“They do not know the whereabouts of their son.

We have never heard the parents speak. We have never heard their voices. We have never seen their mannerisms when talking about their missing daughter-in-law or when talking about their missing son.

The public has never had the chance to decipher and dissect their body language. Each statement the parents have made has been through their attorney, Steven Bertolini.

Every statement has been in print. You can’t tell anything from print; it’s devoid of emotion. That’s why texting causes so many problems when communicating — it lacks feeling. It has no tone.

As much as I can’t stand these people, they are methodical and serious about keeping their son and themselves out of jail. Usually, people talk. According to Brian’s older sibling, Cassie, they aren’t even talking to her.

On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a Federal Arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie

Meaning, after Brian killed Gabby, he took her credit/ATM card and used it for expenses on the drive from The Grand Tetons to North Point, Florida, between August 29 and September 1.

The following statement from their lawyer, Steven Bertolini, tells us that the lawyer knows Brian killed Gabby. Thus, the parents have probably told the lawyer they know their son is guilty.

“It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to the activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise…”

Reminder: this statement was made before the coroner gave the time and manner of death on October 12.

The key word that tips us off is “after.”

Bertolini seems to think this arrest warrant relates to August 29 to September 1 — that period, and according to him, that period is *after* Gabby’s demise. So, apparently, Steven Bartolini thinks Brian Laundrie killed her as well, or he would not have made that slip-up, stating that the dates (August 27 to September 1) were AFTER her demise.

Gabby Petito’s body was not found until September 19.

How on earth does Steven Bertolino or the Laundrie family know when Gabby Petito died?

Before yesterday, no one knew that.

The police hadn’t said anything. The coroner hadn’t said anything. No one knew. Not even her family had confirmation from the coroner regarding time of death before yesterday. The coroner had not said anything publicly about the time of her death.

Before yesterday, for all we knew, Gabby was killed on September 7 or the 15th.

We know she wasn’t killed on the 7th or the 15th because we all think Brian Laundrie ended Gabby’s life before he drove the van home without her, some time between the night of August 27 and August 29. We, the public think she died between August 27 to 29 (Gabby’s was last seen on the 27 and a couple picked up Brian hitchhiking on the 29th), but we think that because we think Brian Laundrie killed her.

And I guess Steven Bertolini does as well.

<modsnip: Removed article by random blogger >

Last edited by a moderator:
Now i definitely want him back on Banfield; maybe Entin will get back on and they can push him into a corner again and get more out of him. Or make him walk off screen.
There wasn't time to realize what he said which was, imo, we were never going to file a missing persons report. Imo. Hope BE jumps on this. And ashley reviews that part. She was very good tonight, i had no idea she was that sharp.

My mind is blown. The lawyer was having them just write him off.

Imo

Last edited:
RSBM
It seemed like Banfield just wanted to know if SB was on conference call with the L family, and if so, those conference calls are not attorney client privilege?

Did she just set SB up for a visit from the FBI due to the info he revealed?

“…
This means that, in the absence of any exception or waiver, neither an attorney nor a client may be compelled to divulge confidential communications between an attorney and client which were made during the rendition of legal services.

If you are thinking about using a criminal defense attorney to represent you in a criminal matter, it is important that you understand the attorney-client privilege. While the attorney-client privileges applies in all types of legal matters, it is especially important in criminal matters where clients often tell their lawyers information that could be extremely damaging if disclosed. In Florida, the attorney-client privilege is governed by Section 90.502 of the Florida Statutes which provides: “A client has a privilege to refuse to disclose, and to prevent any other person from disclosing, the contents of confidential communications when such other person learned of the communications because they were made in the rendition of legal services to the client.”

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/the-attorney-client-privilege-in-florida-29612

10/14:
As a parent, when your child does something bad, gets in trouble, or commits an unbelievably heinous act, everything you’ve witnessed that is good in your child before the terrible deed isn’t wiped out by the one bad deed— even murder.

As parents, the memories we carry of our children are complicated and mostly good.

While I believe most of us would teach our children to face the consequences of their actions and, in this case, turn themselves in, no matter how awful the result, we don’t know what Brian told his parents.

We can’t know that because they aren’t saying anything, we can’t even guess. We have no information to go on.

Again, the search last Thursday came up empty in the reserve after Chris Laundrie assisted authorities, Bertolini said in a text message to Telemundo affiliate WRMD of Tampa.

All the updates regarding when Brian was last seen and where Brian was last seen are coming from a) people who have changed their story, b) are the parents of the accused, c) have been stated only via legal counsel.

The Laundrie’s legal counsel is setting the stage for a possible trial. Amoral? Yes. Legal? I think so. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

If you look at Steven Bertolini’s statements, he says the same thing again and again: Brian Laundrie’s parents saw him last on September 13, and they have no idea about his whereabouts. More or less. The lawyer makes some version of this refrain again and again.

“They do not know the whereabouts of their son.

We have never heard the parents speak. We have never heard their voices. We have never seen their mannerisms when talking about their missing daughter-in-law or when talking about their missing son.

The public has never had the chance to decipher and dissect their body language. Each statement the parents have made has been through their attorney, Steven Bertolini.

Every statement has been in print. You can’t tell anything from print; it’s devoid of emotion. That’s why texting causes so many problems when communicating — it lacks feeling. It has no tone.

As much as I can’t stand these people, they are methodical and serious about keeping their son and themselves out of jail. Usually, people talk. According to Brian’s older sibling, Cassie, they aren’t even talking to her.

On September 22, 2021, the U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a Federal Arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie

Meaning, after Brian killed Gabby, he took her credit/ATM card and used it for expenses on the drive from The Grand Tetons to North Point, Florida, between August 29 and September 1.

The following statement from their lawyer, Steven Bertolini, tells us that the lawyer knows Brian killed Gabby. Thus, the parents have probably told the lawyer they know their son is guilty.

“It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to the activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise…”

Reminder: this statement was made before the coroner gave the time and manner of death on October 12.

The key word that tips us off is “after.”

Bertolini seems to think this arrest warrant relates to August 29 to September 1 — that period, and according to him, that period is *after* Gabby’s demise. So, apparently, Steven Bartolini thinks Brian Laundrie killed her as well, or he would not have made that slip-up, stating that the dates (August 27 to September 1) were AFTER her demise.

Gabby Petito’s body was not found until September 19.

How on earth does Steven Bertolino or the Laundrie family know when Gabby Petito died?

Before yesterday, no one knew that.

The police hadn’t said anything. The coroner hadn’t said anything. No one knew. Not even her family had confirmation from the coroner regarding time of death before yesterday. The coroner had not said anything publicly about the time of her death.

Before yesterday, for all we knew, Gabby was killed on September 7 or the 15th.

We know she wasn’t killed on the 7th or the 15th because we all think Brian Laundrie ended Gabby’s life before he drove the van home without her, some time between the night of August 27 and August 29. We, the public think she died between August 27 to 29 (Gabby’s was last seen on the 27 and a couple picked up Brian hitchhiking on the 29th), but we think that because we think Brian Laundrie killed her.

And I guess Steven Bertolini does as well.
<modsnip: Removed article by random blogger >

BBM
That is another interesting "slip" by SB. How exactly would he know that rough date that Gabby was killed.
Another instance of making it seem like they all knew Gabby was dead.
MOO
Speculation

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering SB wanted to walk back his claim of making a 'report' that BL was missing today, I think he was probably just playing word games and it backfired.

Speculation only: He was probably technically telling the truth that he mentioned to someone in the FBI that BL had gone out for a walk/hike and wasn't back home yet, and thus wouldn't be available to talk to an FBI official. But that's a far cry from calling the authorities to alert them that his client had run off in an upset/grieving emotional state and that he might be suicidal. My guess is that no, he didn't officially report Brian was missing on the 13th on behalf of his parents.

Then we have the days afterwards where SB made public statements which gave the impression he was still in constant contact with his client and acting on his behalf. But now the reality is, BL was already likely dead when those press releases were made. How is that not fraudulent? Speaking for a client who's gone missing, possibly deceased?

The official report declaring him missing was not filed until the 17th, and apparently was made reluctantly. The plot thickens.

Which "night" did BL actually go missing? Which "night" did the Laundries first frantically search for their son, and if it was the same night, why the urgency? Normally you wouldn't worry if your adult son was gone for several hours in the same evening, correct? So if the situation was serious enough they went looking for him, then why didn't they alert the NPPD when they couldn't find him that night? Or the 14th. Or the 15th. Or...

Something still doesn't add up, in my opinion. Was he upset and potentially suicidal or was it just an evening day hike that extended into more days, no big deal. You can't have it both ways.

Sorry! Can someone fill me in on what/who were talking about?
Watch the banfield interview. Its very easy to miss. He said, paraphrased that he was pushed into filing tbe missing persons report by a "household" member. But not the parents or Cassie. In other words he and the parents did not initiate the missing persons report. Thus the logical question: how long did sb want to wait?

Imo

Thanks for posting. The municode states an abandoned vehicle is one that has been parked....for five days or longer. Interesting. If that's the case, it would change the L's timeline. IMO.

I'm not sure it changes the timeline at all because the report is dated 9/14/21 but it doesn't state how long the vehicle was sitting there. The body cam narrative is redacted, so we don't know what that shows. It's possible that the police saw the car there on 9/14/21, left a note on the car, and wrote the report, and the parents picked up the car after they saw the note, possibly the same day the police put the note on the car.

The two parts are called cranium & mandible--mandible is the jaw. But together they make the skull, so from what LE has said so far, it's possible IMO that when they say "part of the skull" they could be referring to either part. I know they ID'd him from dental records & initially I assumed that meant the mandible (jaw), but it could have been his upper teeth/dental work that they matched. The only thing with that is, it's a bit weird to only have part of the cranium. But I think just about anything can happen in a swamp. JMO
I’m way behind on reading threads, let alone posts, and this may have been clarified already, but I thought some more detail might help.

The “skull” is the part of the skeleton that supports facial structures and houses the brain. Unbelievably it has 22 bones. The area most associated with “cranium” are the 8 bones around the brain. They share the same embryonic origin. However the other less apparent “cranial” bones , which share embryonic origin, support the cheek area AND include the maxilla. The maxilla is the upper jaw, which holds the upper teeth. Of interest to the discussion here, for two reasons, is that all these cranial bones are held together by sutures.

Firstly, the one skull bone that is not held by sutures to the rest, is the mandible, or lower jaw. This part of the jaw holds the lower teeth. It is connected to the skull at the TMJ. It is not unusual at all to only have the upper part of the skull, sans mandible, as after decomposition, the TMJ would be gone. My interpretation of “partial skull” and dental records is that they used the “maxillary” upper teeth to identify the remains.

Secondly, the sutures which knit together all the cranial bones are strong. They do not separate upon decomposition. Mechanical force is required.
Moo from a retired dentist.

I'm not sure it changes the timeline at all because the report is dated 9/14/21 but it doesn't state how long the vehicle was sitting there. The body cam narrative is redacted, so we don't know what that shows. It's possible that the police saw the car there on 9/14/21, left a note on the car, and wrote the report, and the parents picked up the car after they saw the note, possibly the same day the police put the note on the car.

yeah, that's why i speculated earlier that the reserve might have more restrictive parking regulations than what is included in the city code...my local park does not permit overnight parking, and will ticket vehicles left past closing, even though the municipality's general parking codes are less stringent...but i haven't been able to find information specific to myakkahatchee...

Last edited:
Watch the banfield interview. Its very easy to miss. He said, paraphrased that he was pushed into filing tbe missing persons report by a "household" member. But not the parents or Cassie. In other words he and the parents did not initiate the missing persons report. Thus the logical question: how long did sb want to wait?

Imo

ya. sounds like SB and CL and RL were just going to be quiet, then somebody filed the report? Forced their hands?

kind of confusing.

FBI called SB he said. so, FBI forced it so that they could put resources into finding him?

Imo

Wouldn’t the only other “household” member be BL?

Attorney client privilege, and presence of third parties.

The Attorney-Client Privilege When a Third Person is Present

I saw this article too. However it states:

Despite the general rule, there's an exception in most states: In general, when a third person is present, the attorney-client privilege continues to apply if that third person is there in order to aid the cause. Put more specifically, the third person must be present while fulfilling a role that furthers the defendant's legal representation. The person might be part of the lawyer's staff, an outside party with relevant expertise (for instance, an investigator), an interpreter, or even a relative who acts in an advisory role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13