Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a problem was not getting together in person. Didn't they do all their conversations over phone chat? Wasn't there quite a distance between them?
You're right--he stated repeatedly that they did all of their conversations over phone or facetime. SB actually forgot/neglected to state on TV (as far as I know--although I think I've seen all of the reent interviews) that he visited Florida once, & the parents drove to Orlando to meet him. This was on Sept 23, iirc.

I do too, but he is a personal friend if theirs, so I think that makes him more defensive than just being their attorney. jmo
I do get the feeling he is taking this personally and not acting as professionally as he should. He must have known of BL for a number of years being the family attorney. Maybe he should just respectfully take a step back and breathe moo

i find it sad that SB felt the need to even address this...nobody needed to know...i feel that he has really become enamored by the sound of his own voice...moo
100% agree, there are so many things he has said that he should not have. It is ironic that the Laundries understand that the less said the better but their attorney does not.

You're right--he stated repeatedly that they did all of their conversations over phone or facetime. SB actually forgot/neglected to state on TV (as far as I know--although I think I've seen all of the reent interviews) that he visited Florida once, & the parents drove to Orlando to meet him. This was on Sept 23, iirc.
IMO, SB’s responses were in reply to questions where in Banfield specified and repeatedly clarified a time frame, sept 1 -11 IIRC. So that would not include the Orlando visit.

Last edited:
It really struck me today that BL was likely already dead before much of the information we talk about even came out. He probably never knew about the Moab bodycam footage release, the search warrant, the arrest warrant, any of the WY video and witness sightings, national media coverage, GP's body getting found, the national zoom announcement of GP's autopsy and COD findings, protesters, the manhunt for him, or the harassment and hatred towards his family... none of it. Did he see NS's plea on Sept. 13?

It really doesn't matter, I guess. It's just an observation that is unsettling to me.

I do get the feeling he is taking this personally and not acting as professionally as he should. He must have known of BL for a number of years being the family attorney. Maybe he should just respectfully take a step back and breathe moo
If, as I suspect, he has worked out an immunity deal w FBI for his clients, he's done his job for them. He is really bad at the PR involved, though. He didn't have to say anything or do interviews. The public perception of them was never going to improve after they by inaction treated Gabby's family so abominably. jmo And that happened before he supposedly advised them to be silent. That was a choice that they made.

Is it me or does the handwriting on that postcard NOT look like Gabby's?
The lower case R's are different from how she wrote on her tattoo consent form as well as letters that don't seem to match
I disagree. I fully believe GP wrote those postcards. Jmo.

Additionally, I do not think that GP filled out both tattoo consent forms. I find it much more likely that the writing on the tattoo consent forms match because they were filled out by the staff at tattoo shop and merely signed by GP and BL. Jmo

Last edited:
Talk about victim shaming:

“You couldn’t write this Greek tragedy,” Steven Bertolino told The Post Friday. “Brian is not a Ted Bundy. He’s not a demon. Not a serial killer. I’m not sure that the narrative that’s been pushed — that Brian was a mean killer and Gabby was an angel — is entirely true.”

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/inside-brian-laundrie-gabby-petitos-life-with-his-parents/

What narrative would Mr Bertolino esq like pushed?
‘ Brian is not a Ted Bundy. He’s not a demon. Not a serial killer. He only killed one person for crying out loud.
Brian was a nice killer and Gabby was an demon???’
Or
‘Brian was just a run of the mill average killer whose victim should have taken her deserved slaps and shut up’

The more this guy speaks the deeper his hole. In the words of the great NS, “ keep talking” SB. Just keep talking, you’ll hit rock bottom soon. Or maybe this article proves he is already there.

Italics by me. Moo

“You couldn’t write this Greek tragedy,” Steven Bertolino told The Post Friday. “Brian is not a Ted Bundy. He’s not a demon. Not a serial killer. I’m not sure that the narrative that’s been pushed — that Brian was a mean killer and Gabby was an angel — is entirely true.”

Inside Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito's life with his parents
https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/inside-brian-laundrie-gabby-petitos-life-with-his-parents/
‘ Brian is not a Ted Bundy. He’s not a demon. Not a serial killer. He only killed one person for crying out loud.
Or
‘Brian was just a run of the mill average killer whose victim should have taken her deserved slaps and shut up’

The more this guy speaks the deeper his hole. In the words of the great NS, “ keep talking” SB. Just keep talking, you’ll hit rock bottom soon. Or maybe this article proves he is already there.

Italics by me. Moo

It makes him appear as he condones wife-beating/DV.
Perhaps he does, but even if Gabby wasn't a saint deserved to live, to breathe to be alive.
No one is a saint. But Brian could have broken up and walked away like an adult.
We all get on our friends and loved ones' nerves time to time it's called life, and the ability to cope with stress.

Inside Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito's life with his parents
Or

Italics by me. Moo

Just another example that SB should just zip it moo

Among the most important components in an investigation like this are the crime scenes, said Paul Belli, a retired lieutenant of the Sacramento County Sheriff's Office and president of the International Homicide Investigators Association.

"Throttling means that someone was strangled by human force. There was no mechanical force involved," Blue told CNN.

"You would expect DNA on either one of them from the other," Belli said. "But I mean, if there's DNA maybe where it shouldn't be, that could be kind of a clue as to what may have occurred."

"So there are ways to absolutely, at least get you to a point where you're like, 'OK, this definitely makes sense, this is the person who did this crime,'" he added. The type of crime also can help offer hints, said former federal prosecutor Neama Rahmani. Killings involving manual strangulation can often indicate "an emotional element," Rahmani said.

Investigators also obtained a search warrant last month for an external hard drive they found in Petito's white van -- the one the couple used during their trip and in which Laundrie returned, alone, to their North Port home. Authorities have not shared details on what they found on the drive.

“Finding phones in a case like this could also offer an "incredible amount of information,"

"I don't think people realize the sheer volume of information that we now get on every case," Belli said. "Video, phone records... if that vehicle had any information that can be gleaned from it with a GPS."

"(Authorities) probably collected video from wherever those were used, video for wherever he may have appeared to stop for a period of time. I doubt he drove completely straight through," "So, there's a lot of additional work to be done that has been in progress, most likely."

“It's a very, very strong circumstantial case," “You have a history of violence between the two. You have all evidence that indicates (Laundrie) was the last person to see her alive and the manner of death, that manual strangulation, that tends to be... most often someone you know."

“Did they help him escape? Did they help destroy evidence?" Palm Beach County, Florida, State Attorney Dave Aronberg told CNN's Wolf Blitzer Friday night. "What did they know?"

“Though with Laundrie deceased it may be harder to find the answers that both investigators and the families were hoping for, there may still be a lot that could be done in the investigation into Petito's killing”

"I mean the closure is really, did he do it or did he not do it, that is going to be the overarching feeling based on my experience," “The investigators," he added, "I guarantee that they feel a great need to provide the truth, whatever that truth is, to both sides of the family. That's really what we do as investigators is find all the facts and lay out the truth."
Gabby Petito investigation: What happens now that Brian Laundrie is dead - CNN

*Including for possible relevancy:
https://www.ojp.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/248770.pdf

A Trial Lawyer's Guide to Surreptitious Audio Evidence on JSTOR

It really struck me today that BL was likely already dead before much of the information we talk about even came out. He probably never knew about the Moab bodycam footage release, the search warrant, the arrest warrant, any of the WY video and witness sightings, national media coverage, GP's body getting found, the national zoom announcement of GP's autopsy and COD findings, protesters, the manhunt for him, or the harassment and hatred towards his family... none of it. Did he see NS's plea on Sept. 13?

It really doesn't matter, I guess. It's just an observation that is unsettling to me.

I agree that he was likely dead when all these events were unfolding/being discovered. IMO, he was out soon after the police showed up at his house on 9/11. I don’t even think he was alive long after going to reserve where he was found. IMO

I have had the same feelings. It bothers me that he managed to avoid the whole thing and get a good look at his behavior and how it appears in this context. Especially the body cam footage.

It makes him appear as he condones wife-beating/DV.
Perhaps he does, but even if Gabby wasn't a saint deserved to live, to breathe to be alive.
No one is a saint. But Brian could have broken up and walked away like an adult.
We all get on our friends and loved ones' nerves time to time it's called life, and the ability to cope with stress.
Exactly.

And isn’t it interesting SB does not say Brian is not a killer. He instead qualifies Brian as less of a killer because he isn’t “serial”. His unspoken words are that BL only killed one, not that Brian didn’t kill at all.

And of course, he wasn’t “mean” when he killed her.

Makes me sick. Moo

Returning to a previous topic of speculation and trying to figure out how it fits in with the now-known timeline:

On Tue Sep 14 (after BL was missing but before the missing persons report was filed), there was a pink envelope dropped off by LE at the Laundrie house.

Police have made contact with missing Gabby Petito's boyfriend

Yet on Thu Sep 16, in this interview, JT (of NPPD) says, "I'm not aware of that." (1:08 timestamp)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1438676041996947469

So was it the FBI dropping something off, without NPPD's knowledge? It'd be the date the Mustang was found at the park, but I can't imagine they normally hand-deliver those sorts of notifications, do they? Did we ever learn more about what this hand-delivered envelope contained?

EDITED to correct dates

Last edited:
No matter what Brian told them about his reason for driving home in Gabby's van, it seems normal to me that they would be concerned about her welfare enough to try to contact her and if not able to reach her (which, obviously, they wouldn't) then call her mom just to ease their minds that all was well with Gabby. But, no. They tried to ignore the whole strange abortion of the van-trip, hoping that it would just go away. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member