Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did SB, in any of those interviews * deny * that he'd met with the couple face to face ( such as Orlando)

I don't recall anybody - incl Banfield & the others - asking him about Orlando or him denying Orlando.

I suppose I could have just missed it.
Or it didn't just come up in the Q&As

ETA: that question might be better for @BeanieBod or the OP ( I'm working backwards from the last page of this thread so IDK who the OP is)
BBM Not that I recall but I miss a LOT during the week. MOO

SB already revealed that the first time he was involved in the disappearance of Gabby Petito case was a phone call around 11:30pm on Saturday, September 11, 2021. IMO he apparently received an emergency call late that night after the Laundries found out that Gabby's parents were going to the police. IMO they found this out via voice messages on their phones.

Let me point out that we know that the Laundries were camping at Fort DeSoto around the 8th. We do not know their location on the 9th through the day of the 11th. Fort DeSoto does not have cell service except in the camp store and office - places most campers don't spend a lot of time at. Maybe they were still at Fort De Soto on the 9th - 11th and didn't get their cell messages until they returned home.

All just IMO.
Daniela Hurtado @DaniCHurtado via Twitter – 12:53PM 9/28
NEW: Just got my hands on documentation from Pinellas County Parks. The check in report confirms Roberta Laundrie (#BrianLaundrie’s mom) did in fact check into Site 001 @ Ft. DeSoto Park on 9/6 and checked out on 9/8. It does not say who else was with her.
@mysuncoast

ETA: Oops, I copied that from the media thread and it looks like the link is bad. I'll find another...

Laundrie family changed Fort De Soto campground reservations before Brian returned home, docs show | Fox News
On Sept. 3, she made a new reservation for three people to camp on the weekend of Sept. 6-8. Other documents obtained by Fox News show the Laundries checked in to the campground on Sept. 6 and checked out on Sept. 8.

Yes, if I needed to hire an attorney in this case I would want a professional, with experience in criminal defense, but also had an ounce of empathy.
His demeanor may appeal to those that think the "tough guy" "macho man" bullying women is a good look in a case about a young man who strangled his gf to death. It speaks volumes to me.
You can simultaneously want to hire the best legal representation for yourself and your son and still have love, and deep sympathy and compassion towards the victim and her family.
He may have exactly the demeanor that appeals to the Laundries. Which would also explain a lot. IMO

I missed a lot but I don't remember SB backtracking on this one. Are you sure?

You beat me to it but just wanted to add this tweet with a copy of a text from SB.

Shannon Clowe on Twitter
CONFIRMED — The #Laundrie family was meeting with their lawyer in Orlando

[URL='https://twitter.com/ShannonCwtsp/status/1441148247439933452']5:11 PM · Sep 23, 2021
·Twitter for iPhone[/URL]

Did anyone actually see him in Orlando? He stretches the truth so much that without absolute verification I'm not sure I believe he was physically present. Having a face time meeting at the office of another lawyer could be his version of "I met with them in Orlando" JMO

See, and based on my own personal life experience it seems perfectly normal that if he came home and told the family that he and GP had broken up that the family would not have reached out to her or her family at all. When my fiancé and I broke up I never heard from his family again. Lovely people who I spent weekends, holidays, and vacations with. But they were his people not mine. And neither of our parents would have readily had contact info for the others.

If BL told his family that he and Gabby had broken up and she didn't want to drive back to Florida with him, but flew home to NY to her mom instead and he drove the van back, I think it would be very reasonable for them to let it lie, vs jumping to the conclusion that something terrible had happened and that they needed to immediately contact her or her family.

I can easily see a timeline where BL family wanted to cheer him up with a camping trip and he needed a phone because Gabby kept hers. Then they legitimately missed a call from Gabby's mom, because I never answer the phone. RL saw the voice mail, asked BL what happened. He says, mom a terrible accident happened (accident in that he wishes he could go back in time and do something different.) They called the lawyer, and the lawyer said do not speak to anyone about anything under any circumstances. By the time the police showed up on the 11th they handed them the contact info for the lawyer. Then depending on the timeline, BL was gone 2 days later.

I see so many people acting like BL is some criminal mastermind. I think he was just a confused, mixed up, semi-adult who did the worst thing he could imagine doing, and ran home to his parents. The whole time he's driving there he's doing his best to convince himself that *that thing* didn't really happen. He was able to pretend to himself until Gabby's mom called. I understand parents wanting to protect their children and calling a lawyer before her parents or the police. I don't necessarily think their intent was to help him get away with murder. They did as their lawyer instructed. Maybe they thought, if we do what the lawyer says he will only get 20 years instead of life.

There are a lot of moving parts here, but social media blew this up, partially, because they feel like they're entitled to know every thought that is going through the Laundrie's minds right now. And they just aren't. They say the Laundrie's aren't "acting right" but no one knows how many Xanax it may take RL to come out to get the mail. Or if she's crying all day, every day in her house. I don't think we have any concept of how the Laundrie's are acting at all, other than they aren't speaking to the media. I don't think it's fair to convict them in a court of public opinion for being silent.

All MOO of course.

I don't disagree, we have no idea how his parents feel, or what lies BL told them.
It may appear very cold and indifferent to us, without hearing their side of the story we may never know.

Yes, if I needed to hire an attorney in this case I would want a professional, with experience in criminal defense, but also had an ounce of empathy.
His demeanor may appeal to those that think the "tough guy" "macho man" bullying women is a good look in a case about a young man who strangled his gf to death. It speaks volumes to me.
You can simultaneously want to hire the best legal representation for yourself and your son and still have love, and deep sympathy and compassion towards the victim and her family.
Agree. Skilled lawyers understand how to "read the room". They use carefully nuanced verbiage as their job.
SB becoming emotional and speaking off the cuff is not benefitting his clients.

And good morning, you guys!

Returning to a previous topic of speculation and trying to figure out how it fits in with the now-known timeline:

On Tue Sep 14 (after BL was missing but before the missing persons report was filed), there was a pink envelope dropped off by LE at the Laundrie house.

Police have made contact with missing Gabby Petito's boyfriend

Yet on Thu Sep 16, in this interview, JT (of NPPD) says, "I'm not aware of that." (1:08 timestamp)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1438676041996947469

So was it the FBI dropping something off, without NPPD's knowledge? It'd be the date the Mustang was found at the park, but I can't imagine they normally hand-deliver those sorts of notifications, do they? Did we ever learn more about what this hand-delivered envelope contained?

EDITED to correct dates

BBM - also interesting in light of the previous furore between SB & NPPD/JT over the claimed conversation that SB had with an FBI officer that ' BL had not come home tonight, 13th' and much speculation on here - WS- that it was not credible that FBI had not passed on some info to NPPD at the time

Last edited:
Why? I'm sure it's true. Nobody is an angel. Everyone has faults and makes mistakes. That's human. That's ok. It does NOT make Gabby in any way responsible for her death.

Brian made mistakes and maybe killed Gabby. That doesn't make him a demon. He also had good qualities.

Nobody is pure. Not pure angel, not pure demon. There is good and bad in all of us. I believe putting people in simplistic boxes is detrimental to our understanding. And understanding is key to future prevention. MOO
Nobody is saying on this thread that Gabby was perfect, did not make mistakes but SB’s statement lends towards callous victim blaming. In my opinion it equates to a statement “he may have assaulted her but she was wearing a short skirt she made mistakes too”. Should making mistakes lead to your death, because somebody has done good things in their life we get to mitigate them killing somebody? He might as well said yeah Brian killed her but Gabby did a, b and c. This statement disgusts me and the fact that the Laundries have chosen this type of person as their long term attorney and to speak for them says volumes to me about the kind of people they are. MOO

SB already revealed that the first time he was involved in the disappearance of Gabby Petito case was a phone call around 11:30pm on Saturday, September 11, 2021. IMO he apparently received an emergency call late that night after the Laundries found out that Gabby's parents were going to the police. IMO they found this out via voice messages on their phones.

Let me point out that we know that the Laundries were camping at Fort DeSoto around the 8th. We do not know their location on the 9th through the day of the 11th. Fort DeSoto does not have cell service except in the camp store and office - places most campers don't spend a lot of time at. Maybe they were still at Fort De Soto on the 9th - 11th and didn't get their cell messages until they returned home.

All just IMO.
Wow. I assumed Fort De Soto had cell service everywhere. That really surprised me!
Then again, I camp at the Hilton.

I don't disagree, we have no idea how his parents feel, or what lies BL told them.
It may appear very cold and indifferent to us, without hearing their side of the story we may never know.
The fact that Gabby had lived w them and the really young age of both of them makes a difference. I could see the silence if the couple were older, and much less dependent upon their respective parents. jmo

The Ls weren't concerned that BL had hurt himself, but they went looking for him for 3-4 hours? He was grieving something, but at the same time, it was no big deal?

SB's statements, and the case in general, make my head spin.

JMO

Right?

My theory is that Ch L was really working for several hours - helping set up a camp.

After all, a “source” told Cuomo of CNN that LE found a camp. That has been dialed back. But, who could the source have been? Who might Cuomo have been developing as a source/possible future guest for his show?

That explains the time in the park and absence of worry.

MOO only.

Birds of a feather flock together. Chris may think and have similar "tough guy" demeanor.

His tough guy demeanor might have worked well over the years in real estate negotiations so he applies it to all interactions and in this investigation he's coming across as boorish. Or maybe he's just an a$$hat. Who knows?

If you find yourself in deep trouble, it’s not easy to find a good attorney, especially if you have not been in that kind of trouble before and have no idea about anything regarding those issues. The Ls were fortunate that they knew an attorney, worked with an attorney in the past, who was willing to step in.
MOO, he did a great job. That’s partly why he is disliked. He sheltered his clients superbly from the most dire consequences of the law. That’s what an attorney is supposed to do. Getting someone to handle this clusterfluck well is impossible. Especially with a loose cannon like BL. He’s an adult and can do as he pleases. No, running off from Grand Tetons might not have been best move on his part. Walking out to the Wild resulted in his death, whether Suicide or other. But that’s not controllable by others. All his choice

We’ll see what legal consequences the Ls get for taking SB’s advice

SB was hired before they found Gabby. It was not known that she was dead or that she had been strangled at that point. So they wouldn't have felt the need to hire a lawyer to handle a strangling case. We don't know what Brian told them or their reasons for hiring him at an early date. Everything is still supposition and may always be.

Was that the warrant for the external hard drive? Who would be served that warrant?
That warrant was served to themselves (LE) in a way. They already had the hard drive in the evidence locker and applied for a warrant specific to the further search an electronic device they already had in their custody. imo

Wow. I assumed Fort De Soto had cell service everywhere. That really surprised me!
Then again, I camp at the Hilton.

This information is available on the Fort Desoto Campground website. I looked it up originally because I was theorizing that the Laundries may have not been able to receive the Petito's and Schmidt's phone calls. Then later, we found out that the Laundries were at Fort DeSoto. WIFI is only at the office and Camp Store.
Camping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member