Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t Bertolino easily lie about the dates he spoke with Brian on since his conversations with him fall under “attorney-client privilege”

The American Bar Association’s Model Rules of Professional Conduct states that a lawyer “shall not knowingly make a false statement of material fact.” In other words, lawyers aren’t supposed to lie--and they can be disciplined or even disbarred for doing so. But notice, the key word here is “knowingly.” A lawyer cannot “knowingly” lie.

I think SB was giving B legal advice and not representing him as his attorney.
MO

Do you recall when I posted that I was shocked that they were reopening the reserve to the public, so fast ? ( Just after posters at WS said it was reopening?)
When all we knew was a skeleton, a backpack & a drybag had been collected?
( It wasn't the same post where I was criticising the LE search protocols with CL & RL)

well the obvious consequences just happened......

Am really pretty disgusted now.
Not just on the search sloppiness & early reopening but also the obvious issues which shouldn't need spelling out
Altho I did assume it would be Jonathan Riches or Molly who would end up with a body part as a souvenir rather than hikers - just due to the grotesque nature of some of this case.

ETA: Another poster is now saying that the hikers aren't necessarily hikers. Okaaay

All of these signs point to the Laundries having an immunity deal. This is MOO. The what appears to be sloppiness and the quick re-openings; the fact that they did NOT follow them in the reserve - into a crime scene; the fact that they had no issue whatsoever that Chris Laundrie handled evidence, and then passed it off to Roberta Laundrie who then also handled it (at least this is what it looks like to me in mike Ruiz' video with Chris first and then Roberta holding the dry bag), all of this. All of this mess which they never would have tolerated IMO makes sense now.

Remember when I had the "Gimme a break" type posts on SB's comments that the FBI requested Chris Laundrie at the crime scene - yes a crime (not in the traditional sense but he was indicted and a fugitive). Well, remember that? That seems to make sense too now, doesn't it? MOO IMO JMO

Disagree strongly. In the court of law BL is innocent
Now that he is dead.. he is not the killer other than in minds and paper and… internet. In court of law he is still innocent.

Much of the outrage in this case is the fact that he might have had a good chance of beating this rap in a court of law too. Reasonable doubt was a real issue here

I've always thought BL was guilty, but I knew it could possibly be hard to prove. I'm not very interested in how he acted after the fact, nor his family, nor his childhood, nor what books he read. I am intrigued by the moments he reportedly lost control prior to the murder and then the crime itself. Even considering those flashes of abuse, this case was not a given win for the prosecution. If the forensic evidence at the scene was not strong it could have easily been a struggle.

Do you think that they didn't search that area? Could've been planted by someone who looked at the SM posts moo
IMO I don't think it was planted. I was able to find it for sale on the REI site, though, but even then the water bottle IMO doesn't appear prominently in Gabby's video/posts enough for it to be identifiable/searchable. I only found it because of Michael Ruiz's post.

We aren’t sure of anything regarding that. LE has cell records and can ascertain a lot of this if it’s important.
SB has outright said he has been their attorney for many years. He says he was first apprised of this case after the Ls got voicemails from Ps alerting them that something was very wrong. No reason for him to lie. Consequences if he is caught lying.

Cell records = Useless. (utterly and completely)(MOO) That new phone was deliberately purchased to produce a blank phone to LE. IMO.

SBM

ETA: Another poster is now saying that the hikers aren't necessarily hikers. Okaaay
IMO we've got to expect "Gabby's Murderer!! Guided tour of swamp, 2 trips daily see where killer Brian's jaw was found, $35 per person, 2 for $50". There's probably a concession for business within those reserves?

They did that with Natalee Holloway on Aruba, not with "her" as she was never located, and it was not proven that JVDS took her life, but "tours" of the places & beaches where she and Joran went......for all I know they are still doing that. IMO

It was near the dry bag found by CL
It's a bit crazy that they allowed him to roam free - not leave the evidence where it was for photographing and in this case further collection. What a mess IMO. I don't care what kind of deal there might have been, if there was one at all. MOO

You are handed evidence and you don't ask where did you find this? And then you don't go over there yourself and look? C'mon. MOO

IMO I don't think it was planted. I was able to find it for sale on the REI site, though, but even then the water bottle IMO doesn't appear prominently in Gabby's video/posts enough for it to be identifiable/searchable. I only found it because of Michael Ruiz's post.
Strange that they didn't do a grid search and take everything in that was there

She says they found a noose in the video...
WOW- If all this is accurate NPPD & FBI could not have dropped the ball more on the handling of the entire case. If they would've stuck to where BL's parents originally told them as the focal point of the search, and kept it closed until water receded, they likely would've found him earlier and not had the whole wild conspiracy theory train happen. Essentially this was a murder suicide that happened in somewhat remote places and was spread apart by two weeks.

Michael Ruiz
@mikerreports

The FBI is now reaching out to the woman who discovered the bottle.

incoming soon - the Former Assistant Chief of the FBI is being booked again to make a withering criticism, as he did on TV last week

incoming tomorrow - The FBI is reaching out to the woman who also found other remains?

IMO we've got to expect "Gabby's Murderer!! Guided tour of swamp, 2 trips daily see where killer Brian's jaw was found, $35 per person, 2 for $50".

They did that with Natalee Holloway on Aruba, not with "her" as she was never located, and it was not proven that JVDS took her life, but "tours" of the places & beaches where she and Joran went......for all I know they are still doing that. IMO

Totally but if those other pieces are lab processed & found to be his, what then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89