Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought about this, too. He's from Long Island. It's the end of the season out there, with school starting up, and kind of becomes a ghost town. If he flew in, he'd have to go through a major NYC airport. But this was probably before he'd become so notorious, as he is now. He could do the drive, it's about 20 hours at most and a straight-shot. There would absolutely be tolls (both EZPass from the north and SunPass from Florida). Now, he's likely to have a SunPass but not an EZPass, either way, his plate would be taken at every toll booth. He'd leave crazy tracks. There is also an Amtrak option, however. And, of course, Greyhound buses. But traveling that way is unlikely unless done way before any of this blew up in the media.
NYer myself here. We have family near North Port & have driven the drive. It’s about 22 hrs straight from there to almost the Canadian border( other side of the state in NY) but it can be done wo tolls to our area, we always do it that way. Now LI, I’m not so sure about that part of the state.

I sleuthed through the Runaway Bride ordeal. I fear that I’ve grown very old and very cynical. ‘The Runaway Ex-fiancé(s)” no longer seems so far fetched. It would be terrific if everything was all planned and that everyone, (alive and well), ultimately just has fines to pay for LE expenses, and instead of sorrow makes money off YouTube videos and book deals.

Where is Brian I wonder? Anyone else
thinking he could be suicidal even just through the mobs protesting outside his home, etc?

I admit that my first thought after seeing that LE was accessing the home, the reports of lights out, no sign of life since yesterday led to me speculate. In any case it is a desperate situation for all involved.

The audio for this call from Josh Taylor is REALLY bad, but he's saying that since Brian wasn't charged with a crime, they didn't track him -- he's being defensive and saying "this is not a black eye on the North Port Police."

Which I don't understand because he was explicitly named a PERSON OF INTEREST in the disappearance of a young woman. Why would you not have at least ONE set of eyes on him?

Yeah, he's super defensive. <modsnip>

He also just said "we will deal with Brian (angrily)... we have to find Gabby". What?? So Brian is not officially a missing person? I'm so confused by these comments being made by LE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabby's best friend said Brian didn't have any friends. She said he spent a lot of time camping and painting. Also, between them both it sounded like Gabby and Brian only had one car, and if it was the van, then it wasn't available on Tuesday. Unless the grey car in the drive was his?? I don't recall seeing that car in news reports until today.
That does appear to be true. She had tons of friends and family, and it seems he had no friends at all.

Uh oh - North Point police broadcasting that they didn't have any obligation to track BL because he isn't being charged with a crime.

Isn't tracking someone part of finding out if there's been a crime? Isn't it part of an investigation?

But then why did they keep saying that they knew where he was? It appears they were in fact tracking him up until tonight.

Were they lying about that? We’re they just taking the families word about where he was? This is so bizarre

The audio for this call from Josh Taylor is REALLY bad, but he's saying that since Brian wasn't charged with a crime, they didn't track him -- he's being defensive and saying "this is not a black eye on the North Port Police."

Which I don't understand because he was explicitly named a PERSON OF INTEREST in the disappearance of a young woman. Why would you not have at least ONE set of eyes on him?
He's being VERY defensive which seems to me to be the real purpose of his call. The WFLA anchor was calling NPPD out earlier and I suspect this phone call is in direct response to that.

Uh oh - North Point police broadcasting that they didn't have any obligation to track BL because he isn't being charged with a crime.

Isn't tracking someone part of finding out if there's been a crime? Isn't it part of an investigation?

Not all police departments are the swiftest- he certainly could have been surveiled as a person of interest ( I would think)---

There’s certainly no cooperation coming from Brian Laundrie and his family.

A defense attorney in Salt Lake said information can be twisted leading to charges.

“Really when you ask why isn’t he saying anything? It’s the problem with the American justice system,” said Clayton Simms. “People can get falsely convicted of things they didn’t do.”
A tip may confirm Gabby Petito’s presence in Grand Teton National Park | ABC4 Utah

Oh my. She is describing bipolar or schizophrenia. And another thing, there is a TikTok video which points out that the most recent IG pic posted on GBs account shows completely blonde hair, but she had roots showing in other pics on the trip so it seems to be an earlier pic. And the pic of her in this article shows that she is in fact a natural brunette.

Also, in most recent post in front of the butterfly mural, Gabby seems less tan than at the Arches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98