Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #80

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered myself if the MP incident was due to overuse of wifi and nothing to do with food, service or the bill. Overstaying their welcome, so to speak. jmo

The one witness that spoke out claimed, the first thing she noticed was Gabby getting up crying. She thought they were kicked out.

If this was the ongoing argument, it showed they were on very different paths. Brian looking at organic farms, Gabby pursuing an online influencer life. Very different lifestyles. And maybe it acuminated in the violence.

Something happened. I dont think Brian woke up one day and said: "I think I'll kill the love of my life today."

NO!
I can honestly say I cannot say I recall a case like this one before.
I'll have to wrack my brain though.
Each case has its twists & turns and ultimately ends up worse than we ever thought.
Casey Anthony comes to mind, Chris Watt's is another...
Baby Cooper/Justin Ross Harris is the other case. I really wanted this to be an honest accident, but his computer searches were disturbing and damning.
But, I am NOT sure I ever heard of LE losing a POI and confusing it with the mother before, or the other weird details that recently come to light.
This case has had more twists and turns, odd indeed! Weirder than most I have followed. JMOO

Mahsa & JB on WFLANow on the notebook.

Q from commenter: Will the contents be released?
A: If the contents are not germane to the case, those pages would probably be heavily redacted.
However in a civil case the contents might be made public, or if the Laundries did an interview

Link

Last edited:
Do we know if the human remains are only teeth or one tooth fragment?
Because if that's the case...I'm stunned.

To me that's one of many million dollar questions in this case. Were the teeth attached to the partial skull (if it was a jaw bone that would be likely) or was the jaw bone missing and the teeth were loose? IMO.

JB's live is over, and to me the revelation that a surveillance camera was installed on 9/11 is a bombshell. Assuming what we've been told is true and BL didn't leave until the 13th...He could have been followed, could have been kept alive. But that didn't happen. Seems like every time new information comes out, it makes the whole situation even sadder with what could have been.

And the incident at Merry Piglets was probably about using the wiki for hours. But, MP will not want to admit that if true. IMO

Were they asked to leave and that was the real reason Gabby got up crying? And later that evening it could have lead to the last argument. Brian said no more spending time in coffee houses, etc. No more internet influencer postings till the end of the trip? And it lead to a huge blowout?
I think it was a series of things. That blow up in the Merry Piglet may have played a role, but I think we'll find out this started long before that.

Do we know if the human remains are only teeth or one tooth fragment?
Because if that's the case...I'm stunned.
I was under the impression that some teeth were in his scull. I don't remember anywhere that the teeth were found alone. LE would not surely have had BL positively identified by a single tooth found independent of a partial scull.

But I just can't wrap my head around "her leaving him"... I just don't think she was actually that confident out there on this trip... I know her blogging was so important to her, but I have a hard time grasping her leaving him, and trying to go it alone.

I just feel she would have HAD to find some validation from SOMEBODY that she should, or that she could or might leave him...

I think this is why BL wanted to keep GP from meeting up with her friend Rose in Yellowstone. IMO, Rose's presence on their trip presented another perspective that BL knew might not align with his and another option besides "be with me or be alone."

If GP was having doubts and second thoughts about their relationship (as her mom has implied in interviews), I think BL may have wanted to actively keep GP away from anyone who'd encourage or facilitate GP leaving him.

MOO.

To me that's one of many million dollar questions in this case. Were the teeth attached to the partial skull (if it was a jaw bone that would be likely) or was the jaw bone missing and the teeth were loose? IMO.

Well, even if the jaw bone was missing attached upper teeth could have been used for the ID.
JMO

JB's live is over, and to me the revelation that a surveillance camera was installed on 9/11 is a bombshell. Assuming what we've been told is true and BL didn't leave until the 13th...He could have been followed, could have been kept alive. But that didn't happen. Seems like every time new information comes out, it makes the whole situation even sadder with what could have been.
I remember very early in to Gabbys case we discussed the possibility of a camera pointed at their house similar to what foxnews had on the Anthony house - wonder if that footage will ever be released ?
JMO

JT's excuse was that we don't track people. It's true that BL was not wanted at the time and was free to go anywhere he wanted, but LE didn't need to follow him to stop him or arrest him, they just needed to know where he went. They would then have known where he was! They were not in a position to interrogate him, because they knew that he had retained an attorney, but they easily could have "taken a hike" into MYA to see where he went. It's a public park. I could have followed him if I had been there, at a distance, so as not to appear to be stalking. lol jmo

Tracking Brian? Then why did they just watch him leave in his Mustang and not follow him at a distance to determine what he was up to? They knew he was a POI and yet they allowed him to just drive off to who knows where without a tail! What if BL had Gabby somewhere else, not his parents house and was headed there? This complete failure in surveillance is just crazy.

What's more is that his car was spotted in the reserve parking lot and a note was left on it asking him to move it or it would be towed. Did no one run the tags? NPPD supposedly saw the Mustang drive out--then it's spotted sitting at the reserve--but they didn't put 2 and 2 together, it seems.

@WFLAJB

Laundrie Family Attorney Steve Bertolino offered this response to Josh Taylor of
@NorthPortPolice
. Taylor told
@WFLA
the #BrianLaundrie #RobertaLaundrie mix-up was a “direct result of a lack of cooperation from the family early on in this investigation.” http://bit.ly/3vK8a4d

@annette_tv

From
#BrianLaundrie's attorney, Mr. Bertolino: "Everyone makes mistakes. But Brian and Roberta are not “built” the same...This is a tragedy for two families and any mistakes made by anyone or any entity involved should be acknowledged and used to train or educate others..."
@SNNTV
Sorry but this is not a “tragedy for 2 families.” I understand the wording to be true but the intent to equate the family of the victim with the family of the murderer is not okay. I’m sorry for all the parents involved but I really wish SB would stop passively victim blaming and equalizing. And my ultimate wish is that whoever he says this to or texts it to would call him out on it, even if it means it upsets SB… because the language choice is gross. JMO.

This, exactly. DH and I actually discussed this very thing last night as we watched Banfield. For Brian, the trip was about seeing the country, exploring National Parks, enjoying the outdoors, communing with nature, hiking, etc. Gabby was more interested in becoming an internet influencer about van life. It's easy to see the dynamics prior to the Moab stop. Brian was eager to get to a new campsite, get set up, and go hiking while Gabby allegedly spent six hours working on her blog in a coffee shop with free WiFi. They should have made specific plans for how long they would stay at the coffee shop - perhaps set a time limit of three hours - before heading to their next destination. GP and BL might very well set out on their fantastic journey with the best intentions and outcome for both of them, but their paths diverged along the way. JMO

I really do believe this is what they were living day by day......... Radically different expectations ruins many many a relationship.

But your very last phrase "but their paths diverged along the way"..........

Unfortunately, they were stuck, together, in that box of a van......... so unfortunately, their "healthy paths" could NOT diverge..........
Oh... if they were only mature enough to realize what was brewing in the cauldron.....

Sorry but this is not a “tragedy for 2 families.” I understand the wording to be true but the intent to equate the family of the victim with the family of the murderer is not okay. I’m sorry for all the parents involved but I really wish SB would stop passively victim blaming and equalizing. And my ultimate wish is that whoever he says this to or texts it to would call him out on it, even if it means it upsets SB… because the language choice is gross. JMO.
Here here! Agree 100%
The alleged murderer's family should do what they seem to do best....remain silent. (As should their representative). Silence would show a little respect at this point, IMO.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member