Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think it might be difficult to keep a guy whose web handle includes the words "nomad.static" corralled. There's no doubt that BL had handlers. He knew what he had done. Recently throttling your long term girlfriend isn't something that slips your mind. The Laundries had an elephant in the room...they knew it and they knew early on. Brian had hurled a hydrogen bomb into their world. Imagine any future plans you have dissolving. Imagine your financial coffers out of the black and deep into the red. Imagine your business vanishing. Imagine auctioning off your properties to pay lawyer's fees and bail (if it could be had). Imagine all of that - and here he is walking barefoot through the living room to grab a sandwich in the kitchen. How does that go down behind closed doors? On account of you - no retirement, financial ruin, god knows what else?

Was Brian a kind and loving, gregarious child, eager to please, a joy to parent? Was he a sullen, angry, cloistered kid who defied the L's at every turn and held them at bay with with an unpredictable temper? We don't know. And who knows how to handle this Godzilla of a situation raging through your personal village of hope and future? Call a lawyer. Lawyers know about this stuff. We're way out of our league here. Turns out the lawyering was way out of it's league too. Maybe reeling BL back from the crime scene wasn't such a good idea. Might have been better to let him do his nomad thing: crawl to the Appalachians and hide among people who don't ask questions and assume pseudonyms like Bear Whistle, Stone Crop or Sky Watcher. He did try to hitch out and away from the scene, but within scant hours (a few phone calls later?), he was back in the van heading for Florida. Someone convinced him a lawyer was a better gamble than a gambol away from a corpse near a park. Handlers.

I thought his handlers would have the common sense to get BL out of town and into a safe house, at least. Buy some time waiting for body discovery (if any), warrants, cops all over the place. Space and time to survey the lay of the legal landscape. Nope. The handlers decide the best thing to quell the furies rattling around in BL's brain is to clip his wings, bottle him up in his bedroom, and try to get him to obey rules. A man kept by some blurry mistress called The Law. The nomad held at bay...I don't think so - and nary a councilor, therapist, guru, or good buddy in sight to help him get his sea legs in an ocean of whupass.

Brian was coerced into believing his handlers would...handle it. I suspect he realized that wasn't happening. Siphoning that through unfathomable brain wreckage doesn't leave you with a he** of a lot of answers...or hope.
MOOing as usual.
Yes. This.

gosh that video gave me shivers down my spine, rip Gabby
It's cold windy and wintry, no leaves on the trees. That skull bag is out of place....was probably meant as a Halloween prop, but it is thoughtless and tacky, and it is littering the forest. jmo

Right, I used what the people filming said, they were going to stop and say hi but the van was abandoned or appeared abandoned. What gives me the chills is that the film was just 4 hours after the restaurant incident. It does move things up IMO.

The RW&Bethunes never mention that to each other during the video and I'm sure it had sound. The afternoon at MP and the timeframe of 6:00 - 6:30 pm has been known since Gabby was reported missing, you must have missed those posts here. I know I missed a lot here just because I was busy trying to stay up with all. JMO

And it's not an intriguing mystery.....it's an infuriating one, deliberately muddied by the infamous SB. jmo

What's troublesome for me is that SB isn't actually in Florida with the Laundries. He bases his remarks on what Chris and/or Roberta are telling him, and he uses his own filter to get that information out to the public. We can't be sure what words the Laundries actually used when describing BL's state of mind when he left for the hike. Without being there to observe BL's actions, behavior, emotions, there is no way that SB knows for sure what was going on. I appreciate that the Laundries don't want to speak to the media at this juncture, but it's going to be very difficult for them to undue the damage that their attorney has done. It might be in the Laundries' best interest to ask SB to lay low for the time being. JMO

It's cold windy and wintry, no leaves on the trees. That skull bag is out of place....was probably meant as a Halloween prop, but it is thoughtless and tacky, and it is littering the forest. jmo

It's a Day of the Dead skull, I don't think it's meant to be tacky but in remembrance.

"On Dia de los Muertos, sugar skulls represent death through sweetness and nostalgia. ... Small skulls represent children who have passed away, while larger ones are for adults."

It's a Day of the Dead skull, I don't think it's meant to be tacky but in remembrance.

"On Dia de los Muertos, sugar skulls represent death through sweetness and nostalgia. ... Small skulls represent children who have passed away, while larger ones are for adults."
That is interesting...but it's not sugar and it's on a bag. Litter. I did not think it was to be mean, though, but I still think it's tacky! We can disagree. jmo

IMO, There's a better than good chance he'd been found and alive today.
I am not so sure. I am curious as to what NPPD would actually have done if a MP was raised on the Monday or Tuesday. That is why I asked the question earlier, how do LE in the North Port area deal with MP reports.

Right, I used what the people filming said, they were going to stop and say hi but the van was abandoned or appeared abandoned. What gives me the chills is that the film was just 4 hours after the restaurant incident. It does move things up IMO.
Both Gabby and Brian coud have been in the back of the van (remember the 'video' showing the rear door closing). Or they may have hiked somewhere nearby - perhaps scoting locations to camp or take photos. Just because the Butanes thought the van was empty, does not mean it was.

Someone probably mentioned this but - is it possible the Ls knew exactly what BL planned? Or at the very least suspected. Couldn’t face the reality of him admitting that he killed Gabby. Shame, horror, embarrassment, fear…. So just let him go off into the reserve and do what he has to do? Thought crossed my mind.

imo...
Given the bazar elements of this case, their actions (or lack of) and their flat, perpetual, monotone demeanor (at least in public)...
the thought had crossed my mind that, in some twisted malfunctioning reality, CL & RL were perhaps relieved, to some degree, when BL walked out the door for the last time.

That is interesting...but it's not sugar and it's on a bag. Litter. I did not think it was to be mean, though, but I still think it's tacky! We can disagree. jmo
I get what your saying. There it DOES seem out of place. Where I live, many are getting ready for the big procession that happens every year for Dia de los Muertos. Many come from all around to participate.

This looks so different than the first few photos I remember seeing ~ with the changing of the seasons and leaves fallen from the trees and all. But where's all that horrid orange paint? Am I remembering wrong or thinking of a different place? I admit I am easily confused!??! o_Oo_Oo_O
It's the same place, no evidence of orange paint apparent in this clip

I am not so sure. I am curious as to what NPPD would actually have done if a MP was raised on the Monday or Tuesday. That is why I asked the question earlier, how do LE in the North Port area deal with MP reports.
I don't know exact procedure, but I do know that an adult can go where they want to and not be considered "missing" until maybe 48 hours after the report is filed (maybe less in different States) so probably no big search would have started until Wednesday or Thursday. BUT, a welfare check request is different....if the reporting party has legitimate concern for the welfare of the person (who may not be missing, but lives alone or something.) In this case, if L's had asked for a welfare check, they would need to give a reason, like he may be suicidal or that he can't be called and he left distraught...and THIS is where we believe he is. Best I can do! jmo Then, police would respond right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HopeBloom