Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he did just that? I suspect if CL was worried, a closed gate would not keep him out.
Maybe but I doubt that he hiked in very far...probably yelled for Brian. Dunno. jmo

yes but SB claims that nppd ought to have known this, that it would have been passed on by fbi

but sb also says a lot of things: upset, distressed, distraught, not in a good state of mind, ( so many different interviews but we naturally don't learn what exactly he's distressed about)
On Banfield:
SB: no he didn't seem suicidal, not outwardly. Alert coherent, no indication of suicide. (Grieving was misspoke,poor choice of words, last interview of the day etc)

People:

"He was out of sorts at the time between when he came home and when he went to the hike and the day he went for the hike, he was extremely upset," the attorney explains. "Brian was very upset and distressed. Mr. Laundrie tried to prevent him from leaving the house in that condition and he couldn't, and Brian insisted on going out for the hike."
Bertolino said Laundrie was "depressed, distressed, and upset" after returning to Florida — "however you would describe somebody who is just not appearing to be in a good state of mind," he added. Brian Laundrie's Parents 'Have No Inkling' What Might Be in Notebook Found Near Remains: Lawyer

Banfield link
We have a lot of conflicting statements of facts throughout this investigation. We have two descriptions of Brian's demeanor and emotions as he left for his last outing. One is that he was fine, normal, and just wanted to clear his mind. The other is that he was very emotional, even regretfully described by SB as 'grieving'. So upset that Brian's father wanted to stop him from going but wasn't able. We know from the attorney that Brian's father left the house to look for him the evening of same day he left. We also know that both of his parents looked for him the following day for several hours. In my way of thinking, this is an indication that the parents were concerned. So I am confounded as to why the parents weren't the party to instigate the missing persons report when their own personal searches were ineffective. And even on the 17th, when the report was initiated ~ it wasn't even done by them.
I can only conclude for my own opinion, that Stephen Bertolino and his group are prevaricators that use any information/misinformation and communications/miscommunications to their self-serving advantage.
But, as with all conflicting information, one is free to weigh and choose which report seems closest to the truth that best fits for your standards . . . .
MOO

We have a lot of conflicting statements of facts throughout this investigation. We have two descriptions of Brian's demeanor and emotions as he left for his last outing. One is that he was fine, normal, and just wanted to clear his mind. The other is that he was very emotional, even regretfully described by SB as 'grieving'. So upset that Brian's father wanted to stop him from going but wasn't able. We know from the attorney that Brian's father left the house to look for him the evening of same day he left. We also know that both of his parents looked for him the following day for several hours. In my way of thinking, this is an indication that the parents were concerned. So I am confounded as to why the parents weren't the party to instigate the missing persons report when their own personal searches were ineffective. And even on the 17th, when the report was initiated ~ it wasn't even done by them.
I can only conclude for my own opinion, that Stephen Bertolino and his group are prevaricators that use any information/misinformation and communications/miscommunications to their self-serving advantage.
But, as with all conflicting information, one is free to weigh and choose which report seems closest to the truth that best fits for your standards . . . .
MOO
Right. None of this had to be complicated. jmo

Someone probably mentioned this but - is it possible the Ls knew exactly what BL planned? Or at the very least suspected. Couldn’t face the reality of him admitting that he killed Gabby. Shame, horror, embarrassment, fear…. So just let him go off into the reserve and do what he has to do? Thought crossed my mind.

I've been thinking about this a lot.

On September 10, regardless of anything else, they knew something had gone very wrong. They knew on the 10th because NPPD came to the door looking for Gabby and only found her van. We can argue and debate about what happened between the 1st and the 9th forever, but on the 10th Chris and Roberta knew something bad had happened in Wyoming. Brian didn't leave until the 13th. They had three full days to save his life by handing him over to the FBI, FL law allows them to have physically/forcibly handed him over. Because, yes, I think they knew he was suicidal or they wouldn't have been "looking" for him so soon after he went "hiking".

Maybe if they had hired a Florida attorney, Brian would still be alive to answer for his crimes. Folks, it's important to hire an attorney in the state where you reside and an attorney in the state where you committed the crime. I mean, the best choice would be to not cross state lines on a crime spree, but here we are.

There was more than enough probable cause to pick him up. If the FBI had known he was gone (I bet they won't be leaving the locals in charge of surveillance unsupervised again) they would have been in the reserve that night.
SB CLAIMS that he casually mentioned that Brian did not return home Monday night from his "hike" to the FBI. on Monday night. For what it's worth...............jmo
SB likes to give the impression that he and FBI are buddies on the same page........I don't think the feeling is mutual, however. jmo

IDNK the video of the abandoned van was taken four hours after the incident at the restaurant. In GP timeline below this article. I always thought the 27th was the day she was killed in the later evening hours. Now I believe it was earlier, IMO
We don't know that the van was abandoned when the video was taken.

I would think it might be difficult to keep a guy whose web handle includes the words "nomad.static" corralled. There's no doubt that BL had handlers. He knew what he had done. Recently throttling your long term girlfriend isn't something that slips your mind. The Laundries had an elephant in the room...they knew it and they knew early on. Brian had hurled a hydrogen bomb into their world. Imagine any future plans you have dissolving. Imagine your financial coffers out of the black and deep into the red. Imagine your business vanishing. Imagine auctioning off your properties to pay lawyer's fees and bail (if it could be had). Imagine all of that - and here he is walking barefoot through the living room to grab a sandwich in the kitchen. How does that go down behind closed doors? On account of you - no retirement, financial ruin, god knows what else?

Was Brian a kind and loving, gregarious child, eager to please, a joy to parent? Was he a sullen, angry, cloistered kid who defied the L's at every turn and held them at bay with with an unpredictable temper? We don't know. And who knows how to handle this Godzilla of a situation raging through your personal village of hope and future? Call a lawyer. Lawyers know about this stuff. We're way out of our league here. Turns out the lawyering was way out of it's league too. Maybe reeling BL back from the crime scene wasn't such a good idea. Might have been better to let him do his nomad thing: crawl to the Appalachians and hide among people who don't ask questions and assume pseudonyms like Bear Whistle, Stone Crop or Sky Watcher. He did try to hitch out and away from the scene, but within scant hours (a few phone calls later?), he was back in the van heading for Florida. Someone convinced him a lawyer was a better gamble than a gambol away from a corpse near a park. Handlers.

I thought his handlers would have the common sense to get BL out of town and into a safe house, at least. Buy some time waiting for body discovery (if any), warrants, cops all over the place. Space and time to survey the lay of the legal landscape. Nope. The handlers decide the best thing to quell the furies rattling around in BL's brain is to clip his wings, bottle him up in his bedroom, and try to get him to obey rules. A man kept by some blurry mistress called The Law. The nomad held at bay...I don't think so - and nary a councilor, therapist, guru, or good buddy in sight to help him get his sea legs in an ocean of whupass.

Brian was coerced into believing his handlers would...handle it. I suspect he realized that wasn't happening. Siphoning that through unfathomable brain wreckage doesn't leave you with a he** of a lot of answers...or hope.
MOOing as usual.

MOO
bbms 1-3

Agree - confusing. As I said as soon as SB started to do his second interview that day, he ought to have had his notes with him, for consistency, he's damaging his clients further. ( It was inevitable that public would compare & scrutinise every word. SB shoots from the hip, chats on the fly - it doesn't work. Like Josh Taylor - both aren't great when dealing w media.) I'm not convinced that SB is competent enough with comms to plan a good disinformation strategy

IDK either but because I have no info on the atmosphere in side that house by 17th, IDK if it was as simple as - ' right who is going to sort the official side?' & one person volunteers because the two parents are now in a state? ( I tried to remember the household atmosphere with a family death at home & how the notifications were dealt with in that atmosphere. tbh I haven't understood the unwillingness to fill out the form to signify anything huge, I appreciate it's been a big talking point on WS, like the loose teeth theories have been)

Yes I agree. One could cherry-pick to suit one's agenda, or one could try to weigh them in context of the interview questions. ( There were more than two, but I didn't have time to add summaries of the NBC, WFLA & CNN interviews, I had the Banfield & People in bookmarks) If i could find the previous thread with all the posts on it, I would because iirc we did weigh them back on those threads at the time

Gabby’s legacy is going to be pretty amazing. Not only are the conversations around domestic violence and missing people changing already but also the accountability in investigating missing people must and will change. Both of the missing persons investigations here were really badly handled - Gabby’s mom had trouble initiating one and Brian’s was so casually initiated that it never carried over from the FBI to the local police. I also hope there is a discussion about how the public interacts with suspects and their families eventually — making a pilgrimage to a private home and disrupting a community and using it as a depository for whatever you feel like leaving behind needs some discussion.

I hope Gabby’s family feels some comfort in knowing that she is changing the world.

Someone probably mentioned this but - is it possible the Ls knew exactly what BL planned? Or at the very least suspected. Couldn’t face the reality of him admitting that he killed Gabby. Shame, horror, embarrassment, fear…. So just let him go off into the reserve and do what he has to do? Thought crossed my mind.

No! That's not how a parent thinks. They are always in protection mode, I imagine even Ted Bundy's mom was as she claimed his innocence throughout his trials. So No!

We don't know that the van was abandoned when the video was taken.
Right, I used what the people filming said, they were going to stop and say hi but the van was abandoned or appeared abandoned. What gives me the chills is that the film was just 4 hours after the restaurant incident. It does move things up IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HopeBloom